MadonnaNation.com Forums
Guest bluejean

Troye Sivan

New song

Im completely obsessed by my my my

I’m interested to see what he's going to do tonight.

Is EP what good to be honest, but my my my is really catchy!! 

Im completely obsessed by My My My and I thought he was pretty great on SNL. Apparantly Twitter absolutely  slaughtered him tho. I couldn't care less, hes fantastic.

Who cares what twitter thinks. Twitter is known for being a slaughterhouse. I am totally obsessed with him as well. I had no idea who he was ‘till I saw his video for my my my  In this thread. I really can’t wait for. His album to drop. I really enjoyed both of his performances. Sure there is room for improvement but he’s still really young. I hope he’s around for a while

Oh fuck twitter and their meme obsessed trolling. 

The performance was great. I’m not really a fan of the Wet Twink look, but thought he did a good job. He’s young and has a lot of promise   

I'm not surprised at the comments on Twitter. Like Years & Years, Troye will never be a big success in the US because he's a openly sexed twink. being gay is no longer an obstacle to mass success, but only if the artist has no sexual dimension to his personality and looks straight. Otherwise, success will be very limited.

I mainly date and am attracted to effeminate and androgynous men so I'm not a hater by any means; however I don't think it has to do with sexuality as much as stage presence.

Yes, he lacks experience on stage and has little presence, but he is not worse in this regard than 80% of current artists. #sadstateofmusictoday

I like his music and his look much better this time around than before.  

Don't get why he's getting a hard time though. I saw mostly criticism of the vocals, and that I can understand (but I also notice a lot of the singing style of late in popular music sounds great on record but doesn't translate as well to live performance, regardless of vocal talent of the artist...though that's a different conversation) ... but overall I thought he did fine. The songs sound even better live.

I thought he sounded pretty true to the record and had a lot of stage presence. He basically brought the video to life, something Madonna used to do in her early days. I cant help but cringe at these keyboard warriors on Twitter criticising people who have actually made something of their lives.

There’s something about him that I don’t like. I’m not sure what it is yet. The song is okay though.

He looks more twink than he used to do. And more feminine too.

On 19/01/2018 at 11:51 PM, spotlight said:

This twat can fuck off

he ain't got much meat on his bones. i wish i could feed him some greasy meal

I love my my my

and the good side is great. It's basically the smiths- please please please let me get what i want with updated production. loves it

I prefer The Good Side to My My MY! actually. 

OK I'll be first to say it: HE SHOULD SUPPORT MADONNA ON HER NEXT WORLD TOUR!! 

He looks more effeminate in the My My My video but that’s the point. Haven’t we all (gay men) ever felt wanting to just let go and be all effeminate and submissive while still remaining masculine enough? It’s hard to explain I guess but he translated that very well in the video. That’s how I feel when I bottom even though I prefer to top. I know it’s tmi but all I’m trying to say I guess is that I relate to this video. And I absolutely love his lips. Yum. ♥️ 

But!

I like The Good Side more! 😍

3 hours ago, Suedehead said:

👍

3 hours ago, Suedehead said:

I might be here for this but I need to hear his album first.

he was pretty good on snl

3 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

he was pretty good on snl

A little room for improvement but I think he was great. I Need more of him. Perhaps a jimmy Fallon performance or a carpool karaoke. I love he’s new songs. 

He won’t ever break into the mainstream here in America. We like our gays more masculine. More safe. Not as “obvious” and certainly not feminine. The only reason that shit stain Sam Smith gets a pass is because he has a British accent and didn’t explicitly sing about being with other men. 

I wholeheartedly believe some of the criticism thrown at him for his SNL performance has undeniable homophobic undertones. 

I swear, people were more accepting of men in the 80s who were FAR more feminine than today’s male pop stars. Every guy from pop & rock was wearing makeup with hair as high as could be drenched in AquaNet. At the height of the AIDS crisis no less. 

Gender roles today have become unspeakably hardened by the general public. 

18 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

He won’t ever break into the mainstream here in America. We like our gays more masculine. More safe. Not as “obvious” and certainly not feminine. The only reason that shit stain Sam Smith gets a pass is because he has a British accent and didn’t explicitly sing about being with other men. 

I wholeheartedly believe some of the criticism thrown at him for his SNL performance has undeniable homophobic undertones. 

I swear, people were more accepting of men in the 80s who were FAR more feminine than today’s male pop stars. Every guy from pop & rock was wearing makeup with hair as high could be drenched in AquaNet. At the height of the AIDS crisis no less. 

👍 Sad but true. 

'm glad it debuted on billbored at 80

He’s so cute

On 24/01/2018 at 7:18 AM, KalamazooJay said:

I swear, people were more accepting of men in the 80s who were FAR more feminine than today’s male pop stars. Every guy from pop & rock was wearing makeup with hair as high as could be drenched in AquaNet. At the height of the AIDS crisis no less. 

I would argue that he has broken into the mainstream in the US. He's had succes in the Billboard top 10 and top 40 singles chart aswell as the 200 album chart, he's won a Teen Choice Award and been profiled in Time magazine as well as the typical appearances on shows like SNL and The Tonight Show. If you check him out on YouTube hes got a big following in the US and has done some big shows but it will be interesting to see if he can sustain it through to a new era. My My My is undoubtedly a very strong track but every man and his dog seems to be flopping big time lately.