MadonnaNation.com Forums
CJM

Billboard Awards - The Queen is Coming

It was amazing! A perfect tribute. Loved how everyone sang along to purple rain. Her vocals were great!! I cried.

Need to go to bed now. Wish you all a good night :-)

SHE NAILED IT.

I bawled like a baby.

She dimmed her light to show respect for him

Vocals were perfect.

MADONNA

I bow to you as always.

Well that was impeccable should shut up the haters and with Stevie there gave a much more heartfelt performance. I mean who do they want sheena easton sheila e lol

THIS IS HOW U PAY TRIBUTE TO A LEGEND.

So that's why it was thought to be a Nothing Compares 2 U/Candy Shop mashup... it's her entrance style and cane wielding act that's being alluded to

No. Questlove introduced Madonna

Yes and no. Questlove delivered a spoken tribute to Prince, and invited a moment of silence (that "should be anything but silent in our heads"). Then the performance started with Prince's "dearly beloved"...

(Reminds me how they never said her name when she performed w/ Macklemore + Ryan Lewis at the Grammys...)

In a way, i really respect that though. It was much less about who was performing and more about who they wanted to honor.

Madonna gave a flawless performance...WOW!

Loved the Stevie Wonder addition wonderfully done!!

She is going to get great reviews in the morning!!!!

So that's why it was thought to be a Nothing Compares 2 U/Candy Shop mashup... it's her entrance style and cane wielding act that's being alluded to

candy shop was there in spirit

Guest Rachelle of London

I can't stop crying. It's so sad that Prince is gone. So sad

less is more, maybe check your pulse

that was pure emotion an they made it about Prince and not about themselves until that Bowie tribute.

Stevie and Madonna together, finally singing with a peer and not the latest pop tart

Flawless performance

I know what she is capable of and this was not one of her best from a creative standpoint It was neither flawless or mind blowing in my view and her vocals were shaky.... still better than most of the other trash on the show and far from tacky like the bowie tribute

I think it was beautiful and classy. The simplicity of simply singing one of his songs and bringing Stevie out... just wonderful. She did Prince justice.

I agree.

that entrance was epic! beautiful performance. Intimate. Touching.

She is GOD.

The entrance was indeed so great! And it looked stunning with that chair and her outfit!

I'm just so relieved that she managed to walk down the stairs safely :lmao:

Madonna walking on stairs will forever give me a heart attack :lmao:

:smile: True!

I don't think she looked nervous. It looked like she was fighting back tears herself while singing Nothing Compares.

I noticed that too!

CjHAn-LW0AA_zUc.jpg

Perfection! Totally worth the wait.