Egyptair Flight From Paris to Cairo Vanishes From Radar With 69 Aboard

Egyptair Flight From Paris to Cairo Vanishes From Radar With 69 Aboard

by ALEX JOHNSON, CHARLENE GUBASH and PHIL HELSEL

An Egyptair flight from Paris to Cairo, Egypt, disappeared from radar late Wednesday night with 69 people on board, the airline said.

Flight MS804, an Airbus A320, departed Charles de Gaulle Airport at 11:09 p.m. Paris time. It was at nearly 37,000 feet when it disappeared about 2:45 a.m. Cairo time (8:45 p.m. ET) about 10 miles into Egyptian airspace, Egyptair said.

There was no immediate indication what might have happened to the plane, but Egyptian authorities told NBC News that search operations were under way over the Mediterranean Sea.

In March, an EgyptAir flight from Alexandria, Egypt, to Cairo was hijacked by a man claiming to have an explosive belt strapped to his body. The aircraft was diverted to Cyprus, and the belt was later deemed to be a fake.

Authorities said the hijacker demanded to speak to his ex-wife or to have a letter delivered to her. He later demanded asylum, a Cyprus government spokesman said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/egyptair-flight-paris-cairo-vanishes-radar-n576541

Update:

An EgyptAir plane has crashed in the Mediterranean after it vanished from radar in the early hours of Thursday morning.

The plane had been flying from Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris to Cairo and reportedly set off a distress signal roughly ten miles into Egyptian airspace

There were 56 passengers and 10 crew members onboard

A Greek airport source has told news agency AFP that they believe the plane crashed off the island of Karpathos.

French security officials say they "cannot rule out the possibility of a terror attack."

How awful!

Guest Mauro

So sad. There were 6 kids and 1 or two babies too I think. If this is terrorism... :(

Egypt has taken major hits, tourism is suffering, it's unfair as the people are lovely and rely on tourism.

Good grief.

So sad. There were 6 kids and 1 or two babies too I think. If this is terrorism... :(

Egypt has taken major hits, tourism is suffering, it's unfair as the people are lovely and rely on tourism.

it is truly devastating, we r so lovely indeed :inlove::(

can I share your post on my facebook ? cause it is amazing

That's so horrible!

I took an Egyptair flight a few years ago from Paris to Egypt. I love this country so much. I hope it's not terrorism because they don't need that... :manson:

That's so horrible!

I took an Egyptair flight a few years ago from Paris to Egypt. I love this country so much. I hope it's not terrorism because they don't need that... :manson:

i copied your post too thanks for support

Spazzito why don't u work for the airline as a flight attendant? It would be cool you'd travel a lot.

I had several interviews in egyptair and emirates airlines but they didnt accept me

it is truly devastating, we r so lovely indeed :inlove::(

can I share your post on my facebook ? cause it is amazing

Sure :)

I like Egypt very much, haven't been but want to so bad. How is life in Cairo?

I got the numbers wrong on the children, but regardless it's just so awful.

no didnt know that and i didnt make interview in Etihad

i will be 30 yrs in January is it okay?

What's your education ?