MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedy

Eurovision thread

Timebelle will represent Switzerland in Kyiv, with the song "Apollo". IMO, the Swiss final had a lacklustre line-up, but the best song won.

OMG!

France just announced its Eurovision entry for Kyiv out of the blue - and it's a song I've been listening to on repeat for several weeks already :inlove:

After a national final in which viewers could choose between two different songs, each perfomed in five different versions by five different singers, Germany has made its choice: Levina is going to Kyiv with the song "Perfect Life".

The song was co-written by Lindy Robbins, who has previously written hit songs for acts such as Backstreet Boys, Demi Lovato, MKTO, David Guetta and Jason Derulo.

Is it just me or are parts of the production similar to David Guetta & Sia's "Titanium"?

What a drama in the Spanish final! There was a tie and the end of the voting, which was to be resolved by the jury, according to the rules. That's why Manel Navarro, and not Mirela, is going to represent Spain in Kyiv.

His song isn't bad, but it's very middle of the road and rather bland...

It was the biggest mess ever! :lmao:

One member of the jury was hit by some drama queen after the show.  Hahaha 

And what is worse is that the song loved by the Spanish eurofans was the biggest embarrassment ever :lol:

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

It was the biggest mess ever! :lmao:

One member of the jury was hit by some drama queen after the show.  Hahaha 

And what is worse is that the song loved by the Spanish eurofans was the biggest embarrassment ever :lol:

I actually preferred Mirela's song over Manel's.. But my favourite was probably Maika :headbang:

Italy has also chosen its entry. Just like last year, the winner of the Sanremo Music Festival has been given the right to represent Italy at Eurovision - but unlike last year, the winner has accepted the offer! This means that Francesco Gabbani will represent Italy in Kyiv with the song "Occidentali's Karma". I really like the song, but they'll have to cut off 40 seconds of the song for Eurovision..

16 minutes ago, Msig said:

I actually have preferred Mirela's song over Manel's.. But my favourite was probably Maika :headbang:

but this was a huge scandal!a lot of the eurofans screaming that there was a fraud!!they reminded me of the little monsters.apparently they prefered and screaming diva instead of this cute boy (how do you say corte de mangas in english?he was very nervous),and when it was time to sing again they coudn't find the guitar...and why did he win if mirela had two votes and he only had only one?

I have to say that I like the song,it reminds me of bruno mars'  lazy song.

Corte de mangas :lol:

Well my fav was the chubby girl with the ukulele. 

But yeah,  this will have repercussions.  Apparently Los 40 (radio station where one of the members of the jury works)  published by mistake before the show even started that the boy was to win!  :lmao:

Oh dear what a mess 

4 hours ago, promise to try said:

but this was a huge scandal!a lot of the eurofans screaming that there was a fraud!!they reminded me of the little monsters.apparently they prefered and screaming diva instead of this cute boy (how do you say corte de mangas in english?he was very nervous),and when it was time to sing again they coudn't find the guitar...and why did he win if mirela had two votes and he only had only one?

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

But yeah,  this will have repercussions.  Apparently Los 40 (radio station where one of the members of the jury works)  published by mistake before the show even started that the boy was to win!  :lmao:

Oh dear what a mess 

According to rules of the Spanish selections, the jury members shall not be connected with any of the participants in such a way that they can't vote independently and impartially. However, it appears that one of the jury members, Xavi Martínez, has been actively promoting Manel Navarro on social media for quite some time now. So has his radio station, Los 40.

@promise to try: When the jury had to decide between Manel and Mirela in order to resolve the tie, Javier Cárdenas voted for Mirela, whereas Xavi Martínez and Virginia Díaz voted for Manel.

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

Oh dear what a mess 

only in spain!!

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Orion said:

So happy he won llikeni:rotfl:ght! I think we'll have more success at the Eurovis ion this year after last year's fiasco with that spoiled Michielin brat :lmao:

The dancing monkey is everything. :rotfl:Love the song, it's fresh and funny:already a tormentone like we call it (a hit played to death until it starts to torment you basically).

Oh dear! With less than 90 says to go until the Eurovision final, the Ukrainian broadcaster's core Eurovision team - including the Executive Producer, the Head of Production, and the Show Producer - have all resigned today, citing collaboration difficulties with the new top management of the Ukrainian Broadcasting Corporation.

Imri Ziv is going to represent Israel at Eurovision this year. The song is yet to be chosen.

why is this topic called 2016? very misleading..

4 hours ago, dollhouse said:

why is this topic called 2016? very misleading..

I can't change the topic title since I didn't create it... Maybe @Suedehead could rename it 'Everything Eurovision continued' or something like that? :)

On 12/2/2017 at 1:49 PM, Orion said:

So happy he won last night! I think we'll have more success at the Eurovision this year after last year's fiasco with that spoiled Michielin brat :lmao:

I think Italy will definitely make the top 5 - possibly even win!

YTFZcmD.gif YTFZcmD.gif YTFZcmD.gif

There's still this big mess in Spain and the UER has spoken.  They will investigate what happened.  There are surfacing WhatsApp that prove that the decision was bought.  

Resignations, paid-for entries, UK's first post-brexit appearance.

This show's going to be a complete car crash and what could be more Eurovision than that! :lol2:

Did it ever get uncovered what was happening with all the money made from online advertising?

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Msig said:

That emoticon:lmao:

On 14. helmikuuta 2017 at 8:50 PM, Msig said:

no it won't win, eastern europe and russia won't vote this

Two more countries have selected their representatives, but not yet revealed their songs.

The Czech Republic has chosen jazz singer Martina Bárta:

Croatia has chosen Jacques Houdek, who has previously made several attempts at representing his country at Eurovision, most recently in 2011, when he finished as runner-up to Daria Kinzer.

Another two countries - Hungary and Poland - have chosen their entries for Kyiv, with the Maltese final currently on-going.

Hungary will be represented by Joci Pápai and his song "Origo", who won both the jury vote and the popular vote - personally, though, I would have preferred Totova's song.

Poland will be represented by Kasia Moś, for whom it was third time lucky in the Polish national selection for Eurovision. Although her entry "Flashlight" was only 2nd in the televoting, winning the jury vote was enough for overall victory since the viewers' favourite, Carmell, had finished only 6th in the jury vote.

In her 10th attempt, Claudia Faniello has finally achieved one of her biggest dreams of representing Malta in the Eurovision Song Contest. Her brother, Fabrizio, has previously represented Malta twice; in 2001 when he finished 9th, and in 2006 when he finished 24th (last).

This also means that half of the entries chosen so far are female-sung ballads.

Mello 2017 are starting to look and sound DIRE:
Ace Wilder, Mariette, Robin all came back with songs that are like lame versions of their previous entries. 

The first timers are not looking any better.
2 local acts which have no business being in esc and that "Good Loving" song that sound like a reject from 10 years ago.

If the quality doesn't rise, Sweden is out from esc finals.

Its the first time ever that I think Finlands esc final songs were better and more fresh.

5 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Mello 2017 are starting to look and sound DIRE:
Ace Wilder, Mariette, Robin all came back with songs that are like lame versions of their previous entries. 

The first timers are not looking any better.
2 local acts which have no business being in esc and that "Good Loving" song that sound like a reject from 10 years ago.

If the quality doesn't rise, Sweden is out from esc finals.

Its the first time ever that I think Finlands esc final songs were better and more fresh.

Robin Bengtsson's song is actually my favourite among the songs that have already qualified for the final. I actually find it refreshing that it's different from last year's "Constellation Prize", though it's so obvious that it was co-written by Robin Stjernberg, whom I could easily imagine singing the song.

However, I'm hoping for Loreen to save us all next week. Her song is said to be closer in style to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" than to "Euphoria".

My ranking of the songs that have already qualified for the MF final:

1. Robin Bengtsson
  2. Ace Wilder
  3. Nano
  4. Mariette
  5. Owe Thörnqvist
  6. Benjamin Ingrosso

My ranking of the songs that have qualified for Andra Chansen so far:

1. Dismissed
  2. Lisa Ajax
  3. Anton Hagman
  4. FO&O
  5. Boris René
  6. De Vet Du

Isn't it advantageous to wait then,  and send a song different to all the rest?  I mean,  if half the songs are ballads sung by women,  those countries left who don't have popular vote better send something different. 

12 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Isn't it advantageous to wait then,  and send a song different to all the rest?  I mean,  if half the songs are ballads sung by women,  those countries left who don't have popular vote better send something different. 

sometimes public want just ballads

On 12.2.2017 at 10:33 AM, Msig said:

Italy has also chosen its entry. Just like last year, the winner of the Sanremo Music Festival has been given the right to represent Italy at Eurovision - but unlike last year, the winner has accepted the offer! This means that Francesco Gabbani will represent Italy in Kyiv with the song "Occidentali's Karma". I really like the song, but they'll have to cut off 40 seconds of the song for Eurovision..

:inlove:

Its time for Italy to win. SInce they are back, they always have beautiful songs. And this one is a nice one along with that sexy singer