Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedy

Eurovision thread

Recommended Posts

On 5/16/2018 at 2:16 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Finally watched it !    Karbatal, When I saw this I laughed my head off remembering your comments here.   Have to say though that he reminded me more of Mick Hucknall  from Simply Red !  

I did like this guy though and the song.  Thought he was one of the best really.  Did you like Spain's entry ?   They were very romantic - like a Mills and Boon couple.  Ha ha. 

My favourites were Austria - think he should have won,  Estonia (  that opera girl and the dress was pure Eurovision at it's finest )  Denmark,  (  Sensitive vikings ! ) and admired how the girl from the UK carried on with the show.   Liked France as well and how they worked the crowd. 

Always love Eurovision. 

 

I didn't like the Spanish entry at all. Those two were from a Pop Idol thing, that was suddenly revitalised in Spanish television, reaching sociological impact. Millions of people seem to be in love with the contestant and that love made them believe we had any possibility :lmao: I didn't watch the tv program and it is really curious to watch these phenomenons from the outside! 

Of course taht was not the case. Spain is UNABLE to craft a good song nowadays, it seems. We should do some reggaeton or technolatin, tbqh, instead of copying other formulas! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I didn't like the Spanish entry at all. Those two were from a Pop Idol thing, that was suddenly revitalised in Spanish television, reaching sociological impact. Millions of people seem to be in love with the contestant and that love made them believe we had any possibility :lmao: I didn't watch the tv program and it is really curious to watch these phenomenons from the outside! 

Of course taht was not the case. Spain is UNABLE to craft a good song nowadays, it seems. We should do some reggaeton or technolatin, tbqh, instead of copying other formulas! 

This song was one of the runner ups for representing Spain this year and in my opinion would have done better as, unlike the song that actually represented Spain this was proper hit and also charted well in other Spanish speaking countries:

This has been out for months and is still #1 on iTunes Spain and top 10 in streaming while "Tu Canción" is at #87 despite all the promotion leading up to the contest last weekend.

Of course when you put this decision in the hands and votes of female teenagers they will always vote for a "cute guy" instead.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

This song was one of the runner ups for representing Spain this year and in my opinion would have done better as, unlike the song that actually represented Spain this was proper hit and also charted well in other Spanish speaking countries:

This has been out for months and is still #1 on iTunes Spain and top 10 in streaming while "Tu Canción" is at #87 despite all the promotion leading up to the contest last weekend.

Of course when you put this decision in the hands and votes of female teenagers they will always vote for a "cute guy" instead.

 

I don't know if you followed Operación Triunfo, but if you don't, please tell me if you find this song good. Most people around me are RAVING about it and I find it so appalling BAD! I keep silent, of course, they are enjoying their song and that's all, but I do wonder if this phenomenom really makes you enjoy songs that normally you would hate??? And how many times it happens to us when we are in the middle of a phenomenom? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I don't know if you followed Operación Triunfo, but if you don't, please tell me if you find this song good. Most people around me are RAVING about it and I find it so appalling BAD! I keep silent, of course, they are enjoying their song and that's all, but I do wonder if this phenomenom really makes you enjoy songs that normally you would hate??? And how many times it happens to us when we are in the middle of a phenomenom? 

No I didn't follow OT so I'm not involved. It's not a great song but works well on the radio and the dancefloor. Besides, next to the Disney straight-to-home-video soundtrack b-side that is Tu Cancion it's the next Vogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I wish Europe was like this every day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×