MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedey

Eurovision thread

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Omg, the London media gays will be in meltdown about Israel winning!

I've already seen one person going on about Palestine and anti Israel comment.

Music makes the people come together!

well, they are not europe, nor is australia, maybe the should change the name of the show. and israel has a lot of people that really don´t like them in europe (others they don´t have a problem with them, of course).But I also know people that found funny israel winning with an anti bullying song, they find it ironic"

I don't mind Israel participating, honestly they have 0 chance: no Arab country would enter any competition with them, so I am up for their participation. However I mind that song winning :). Its trashy and cheap. Austria or Sweden could have been great winners just like Portugal was last year (or Bulgaria could have been). Its just that classy, sleek songs obviously are not that liked by the mass public. I wonder how COADF was such a hit!!!

Dear Europeans, it's always funny and touching to see the passion with which you discuss for days the Europudding. This contest is so non-existent in the media in America and appears from here as the absolute cheesefest. :rotfl:

5 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Dear Europeans, it's always funny and touching to see the passion with which you discuss for days the Europudding. This contest is so non-existent in the media in America and appears from here as the absolute cheese. :rotfl:

Martin B -  You will love this.  It is brilliant.  Deadpool is campaigning for Canada for Eurovision !  

You should be joining Australia and Israel soon as Non European countries competing in Eurovision. :rotfl:  

20 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Dear Europeans, it's always funny and touching to see the passion with which you discuss for days the Europudding. This contest is so non-existent in the media in America and appears from here as the absolute cheesefest. :rotfl:

Frankly, we don't care what's being discussed in the media in America.

Just 4 the record though, Israel is a member of the EBU...that's why they
were originally allowed 2 participate, it's a classic Eurovision country.

Australia on ther other hand, sorry Jazzy...doesn't belong.

I love how China was denied 2 broadcast the show after they censored
the semi final 4 gay content!

@ the UK :rotfl:

12 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Martin B -  You will love this.  It is brilliant.  Deadpool is campaigning for Canada for Eurovision !  

You should be joining Australia and Israel soon as Non European countries competing in Eurovision. :rotfl:  

Love it :). Deadpool is the only comic character I enjoy.

Just now, acko said:

Absolutely amazing! You gotta love EBU, they stand by the right principles!

3 minutes ago, acko said:

:lol:  Australians know we don't belong - Seriously it is an entirely different continent - but we do love it.  It is like a comedy sketch.  For years and years,  people have joked about wishing Australia could be in the Eurovision contest ( such a huge cult following here ) but trying to somehow explain how we could ie pretending the Opera House was in Europe or some other kind of stupid gag to make the point of actually having no chance of competing. 

We come last this year in the people's vote but I expected it.  I did not like the song or performance.   Too much screaming and hair tossing from Jessica Mauboy.  

35 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Good idea! We have plenty of candidates eliminated in the first round of The Voice and Star Academy that we could recycle. :lmao:

1 hour ago, acko said:

Australia appears to be an associated member of the EBU so that's why they qualify.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Broadcasting_Union

Whilst I don't agree with Israel etc, the whole point of the competition is to bring countries together and transcend politics!

2 hours ago, acko said:

Thank you! Eurovision is a musical party and we're GLAD Trump Land doesn't understand us.

Besides...

Really how can anyone complain in 2018 about Israel being in Eurovision??????? 

Australia is a camp guest and I love it's here because they add the wtf spice!  

Do we know why that boy stole the mic from the UK singer?????

Eurovision is not about European Union or Europe in geographical means.

Maghreb countries along with Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine are all members in European broadcast plus,

even politically questionable, those countries feel close to Europe.

Someone asked why Maghreb countries or Egypt do not participate if they are members. Well the answer is very easy and sad, its because of Israel.

Those countries do not recognize Israel or have their politicila reasons.

Lebanon wanted to participate something like 10 years ago but before they applied they declined because of Israel. They demanded they not gonna show the performance by Israel on TV but EBU rejected that.

Eurovision is all about fun, even when sometimes crazy songs wins.

If I look prior televoting, some winners songs are really bad, so thankfully we have televoting.

I dont see a problem if some neighbours give points eachother, maybe they have same music taste. But jury is really a problem. ANd this years show displayed it.  Just look at the splittet results from the semifinals.

I am really amused by some comments here why this country or the other participate. Put your politicila or ideological opinion by side and enjoy a music show which nowhere else exists.

And Australia should not be furious about their bad result. For me it wasnt my music taste, maybe give a break next year 😛

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Because she was beyond shit?

23 minutes ago, acko said:

Because she was beyond shit?

tumblr_opr3f3juC71tuehrqo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

For attention. He said " We demand freedom. War is not peace".

Surie attitude is the best. It's all "That's it, my song is bad and someone just stole the mic from me while I was singing. I'm done. Bye. (*start clapping*)!" :lmao:

The thing is that the UK song was not that bad???? 

OMG @Jazzy Jan we didn’t comment the German entry???? A copy from Ed Fucking Sheeran????? Even as ugly as him???? 

And he cried :rotfl:

And then the song ends and another red haired copy of Ed Sheeran among the public was crying too :dead:

We screamed so much at home!!!!!

Hah, I thought the German song was their best in years. It deserved its high placement. 

12 minutes ago, karbatal said:

No, it's not. I joked, but I kinda like it. It reminds me of Annie Lennox's discography.

Meanwhile, in an inverse universe, Portugal was the winner last night and fans congratulate the singer:

DdCNELaXkAEE5sZ.jpg

I liked german, austrian and uk song,

they were in my top 10 but like 10 - 9 - 8 and not higher. Still I loved Suris voice,

dont understand the hatred towards uk entry

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

Apparently, he's done it before at a UK TV awards show. I think he's anti Brexit and wants to attack the pro Brexit media in the UK like the fail.

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

OMG @Jazzy Jan we didn’t comment the German entry???? A copy from Ed Fucking Sheeran????? Even as ugly as him???? 

And then the song ends and another red haired copy of Ed Sheeran among the public was crying too :dead:

Karbatal,   I am very naughty and have not watched it all yet.  So behind because I feel asleep.  

Going to watch it tonight and looking forward to seeing the Ed Fucking Sheeran (  as you called him )  crying and his copy in the audience crying as well !  

Also,  the Eurovision fanatics in Australia (  those of us who have loved it for decades )   are so annoyed at our media.  Some of them have no idea what Eurovision is about.  Complaining and whinging like stuffed pigs because Australia was last.  Well,  get over it  Australian media fools !   We are so glad to be there and Jessica was not a Eurovision act.  Her screaming and hair tossing while yelling out yeah etc is suited more to an American talent show like US Idol and The Voice - not Eurovision.   Eurovision are more eccentric, fun and actually usually sing the melody.    Plus Dami Im came second a few years ago and was heavily voted for.   If our stupid media are going to behave like this,  I would rather go back to Australia not competing and instead just enjoying the show as we always have !  

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Also,  the Eurovision fanatics in Australia (  those of us who have loved it for decades )   are so annoyed at our media.  Some of them have no idea what Eurovision is about.  Complaining and whinging like stuffed pigs because Australia was last.  Well,  get over it  Australian media fools !   We are so glad to be there and Jessica was not a Eurovision act.  Her screaming and hair tossing while yelling out yeah etc is suited more to an American talent show like US Idol and The Voice - not Eurovision.   Eurovision are more eccentric, fun and actually usually sing the melody.    Plus Dami Im came second a few years ago and was heavily voted for.   If our stupid media are going to behave like this,  I would rather go back to Australia not competing and instead just enjoying the show as we always have !  

oh Jazzy, but I love the drama :rotfl:that's proper local aftermath eurovision tradition :lol:

But the public wasn't having Jessica, & neither was I :fag:

To be hones Jessica reminded me as when the cows are about the give birth, you know and they have those legs open and are swimming from side to side? 

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

To be hones Jessica reminded me as when the cows are about the give birth, you know and they have those legs open and are swimming from side to side? 

:lol2:

18 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I didn't like the Australian song this year at all, which is shocking as they have been consistently good. And Dami was so great!!! Absolutely glorious. But this Jessica girl was acting like a reductive Beyonce and she was nowhere near Beyonce physically. It was absurd and the song was just... no. Australia could do better. Maybe Jessica's song wasn't suitable for her? The dancing wasn't. I loved "Don't Come Easy" by Isaiah Firebrace.

I1zRWwNacPamksYAJZqoAEMwLinrzieef69sISqJ

On 13. Mai 2018 at 2:45 PM, Martin B. said:

Well, the Super Bowl is non-existent in the media here, too. 

16 hours ago, acko said:

oh Jazzy, but I love the drama :rotfl:that's proper local aftermath eurovision tradition :lol:

But the public wasn't having Jessica, & neither was I :fag:

I did not know that !   I was seeing our media personalities all carrying on like spoilt children whining about Eurovision not voting for Jess and I was cringing,  The same ones that were celebrating Dami coming second a few years back. 

14 hours ago, karbatal said:

:rotfl: She is such an awkward " Dancer"  

5 hours ago, elijah said:

I didn't like the Australian song this year at all, which is shocking as they have been consistently good. And Dami was so great!!! Absolutely glorious. But this Jessica girl was acting like a reductive Beyonce and she was nowhere near Beyonce physically. It was absurd and the song was just... no. Australia could do better. Maybe Jessica's song wasn't suitable for her? The dancing wasn't. I loved "Don't Come Easy" by Isaiah Firebrace.

Dami was amazing when she come second.   I still have not watched the show yet.  My Goodness, am so behind.  

On 5/14/2018 at 4:39 AM, karbatal said:

Finally watched it !    Karbatal, When I saw this I laughed my head off remembering your comments here.   Have to say though that he reminded me more of Mick Hucknall  from Simply Red !  

I did like this guy though and the song.  Thought he was one of the best really.  Did you like Spain's entry ?   They were very romantic - like a Mills and Boon couple.  Ha ha. 

My favourites were Austria - think he should have won,  Estonia (  that opera girl and the dress was pure Eurovision at it's finest )  Denmark,  (  Sensitive vikings ! ) and admired how the girl from the UK carried on with the show.   Liked France as well and how they worked the crowd. 

Always love Eurovision.