MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedy

Eurovision thread

The best thing about Ireland is that is Eurovision in a nutshell: daft song, vanilla male singer and panto performance :clap:

Ok, the best so far, Simple Minds on stage with Don’t You Forget About Me, during the German live broadcast. That’s the highlight already, I’m out...  Have fun, whoever keeps watching. 

I´ve liked the one that was like frozen/jennifer lopez´s dress. And I like spain´s song although it´s too disney like

The songs feel a bit drab this year. 

On 5/9/2018 at 12:04 PM, karbatal said:

My favs last night: BULGARIA, CZEC REPUBLIC, LITHUANIA

Enough with the absurd retard of Israel. She can't even sing live. Biggest absurd in years! 

And that Cyprus vagina on fire? We have enough with a Beyonce we don't know another absurda. FLUSH HER! 

A pity that Armenia is not in the final. What a BEAUTIFUL SONG. Just the thought that this song is out and that chicken mess of a viral silly person of Israel is in the final...

That vagina is from Albania not Cyprus lol

New opinion after tonight

I think it’s between the opera singer, the pink dress and cyprus

love czech republic 

tho this is the list I wrote down of countries that i think will do well

Lithuania

Austria

Estonia

Czech

Denmark

Moldova

Slovenia

Cyprus

My favorites were Portugal, Bulgaria, and Italy. Seems the ridiculousness of Israel is liked, wtf!!

I missed it but I watched the short rewind, didn't look like too many songs stuck out...I liked Portugal, Austria and Sweden (though that one was very by the numbers). Interesting to see Israel doing so well, I see Eurovision hasn't changed :laugh:

Austria has an amazing chorus

but wtf at sweden and germany??!! Typical of jury vote

Lmao i should have stuck with my original first guess saying israel would win cuz she had the gimmicks 

Cyprus is my moral winner!

That jury vote destroys so many songs....I just could puke when I see some in top 10

bring back 100 % peoples vote

I thought most of the lineup was pretty forgettable. The winning Israel song was terrible. 

Austria is my winner!  

I always just assume the jury gives a lot of votes to Sweden because they're so powerful in the Eurovision community/network/PR/team.. 

I don't even remember the Sweden song. Germany is terrible. Austria & czech rep. were amazing.

8 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I always just assume the jury gives a lot of votes to Sweden because they're so powerful in the Eurovision community/network/PR/team.. 

I don't even remember the Sweden song. Germany is terrible. Austria & czech rep. were amazing.

Yes, its just unbelievable how jury throwed their points to sweden but the people only gave 25 points.

EBU should think about it.

Austria was indeed great, its a very motivating and positive song. Germany was ok. But not sure if it really deserved that high.

I think Belgium and Greece had to be in the finals and Moldova much higher. France did not impress me in the end.

Norway guy, oh well you are there you deserved to be.

Next year its Jerusalem again after 1978 - 1998 -2018.

What a beautiful achievment from them.

The EBU has now released the full split results of both the jury’s and the televoting. When compared, which countries were favoured by the jury’s and which by the public, and how did this affect the ultimate outcome? Let’s take a look!

Combined vote

Here is the combined outcome of the final results for Eurovision 2018.

1. Israel: 529 points
  2. Cyprus: 436 points
  3. Austria: 342 points
  4. Germany: 340 points
  5. Italy: 308 points
  6. Czech Republic: 281 points
  7. Sweden: 274 points
  8. Estonia: 245 points
  9. Denmark: 226 points
  10. Moldova: 209 points
  11. Albania: 184 points
  12. Lithuania: 181 points
  13. France: 173 points
  14. Bulgaria: 166 points
  15. Norway: 144 points
  16. Ireland: 136 points
  17. Ukraine: 130 points
  18. The Netherlands: 121 points
  19. Serbia: 113 points
  20. Australia: 99 points
  21. Hungary: 93 points
  22. Slovenia: 64 points
  23. Spain: 61 points
  24. United Kingdom: 48 points
  25. Finland: 46 points
  26. Portugal: 39 points

Let’s have a look at the results individually. Green indicates countries ranked higher than in the combined vote, yellow indicates countries ranked the same as that of the combined vote and red indicates countries ranked lower than in the combined vote.

Jury

1. Austria: 271 points
  2. Sweden: 253 points
  3. Israel: 212 points
  4. Germany: 204 points
  5. Cyprus: 183 points
  6. Estonia: 143 points
  7. Albania: 126 points
  8. France: 114 points
  9. Bulgaria: 100 points
  10. Moldova: 94 points
  11. Lithuania: 90 points
  12. Australia: 90 points
  13. The Netherlands: 89 points
  14. Ireland: 74 points
  15. Czech Republic: 66 points
  16. Norway: 60 points
  17. Italy: 59 points
  18. Spain: 43 points
  19. Slovenia: 41 points
  20. Serbia: 38 points
  21. Denmark: 38 points
  22. Hungary: 28 points
  23. United Kingdom: 23 points
  24. Finland: 23 points
  25. Portugal: 21 points
  26. Ukraine: 11 points

Televote

1. Israel: 317 points
  2. Cyprus: 253 points
  3. Italy: 249 points
  4. Czech Republic: 215 points
  5. Denmark: 188 points
  6. Germany: 136 points
  7. Ukraine: 119 points
  8. Moldova: 115 points
  9. Estonia: 102 points
  10. Lithuania: 91 points
  11. Norway: 84 points
  12. Serbia: 75 points
  13. Austria: 71 points
  14. Bulgaria: 66 points
  15. Hungary: 65 points
  16. Ireland: 62 points
  17. France: 59 points
  18. Albania: 58 points
  19. The Netherlands: 32 points
  20. United Kingdom: 25 points
  21. Finland: 23 points
  22. Slovenia: 23 points
  23. Sweden: 21 points
  24. Spain: 18 points
  25. Portugal: 18 points
  26. Australia: 9 points

Set my alarm to watch Eurovision, got up so early to watch it and then fell asleep in comfortable recliner straight away !   Have to watch the replay today. 

Had a feeling that an over the top entry would win.  With the winner last year being such a pretentious, arrogant and ungrateful winner and canning Eurovision,  I had a feeling it would go the other way this year. If only he had been a grateful, excited winner.  Even this year,  he was mouthing off again.  Can't stand him.  Love Portugal but not the guy that won it for them last year.  

Will watch it all later to see.  

4 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Set my alarm to watch Eurovision, got up so early to watch it and then fell asleep in comfortable recliner straight away !   Have to watch the replay today. 

Had a feeling that an over the top entry would win.  With the winner last year being such a pretentious, arrogant and ungrateful winner and canning Eurovision,  I had a feeling it would go the other way this year. If only he had been a grateful, excited winner.  Even this year,  he was mouthing off again.  Can't stand him.  Love Portugal but not the guy that won it for them last year.  

Will watch it all later to see.  

Oh really ?

I did not watch it last year, but some friends told me the same about his arrogance!!!

I thought the production and the intervall act were really bad this year, also I dont like the winners song from portugal.

It sounds like La vie en rose in protugues.

What did he say and why ungrateful ?

3 hours ago, gigi said:

Austria is my winner!  

Mine too. I m shocked Austria got so little vote from the public!!! I voted for them.

1 minute ago, jaron said:

Oh really ?

I did not watch it last year, but some friends told me the same about his arrogance!!!

I thought the production and the intervall act were really bad this year, also I dont like the winners song from portugal.

It sounds like La vie en rose in protugues.

What did he say and why ungrateful ?

Jaron,  I was really happy for him last year when he won.  The song was such an unusual winning song and everyone can appreciate a change.  However, in his speech,  he compared Eurovision with fast food and said about real music or something similar.  His whole attitude, words and demeanour was of someone who thought he was too good for it all.  No genuine excitement at all.   I was thrilled for Portugal -  just not him.  

Also,  he said he was glad he did not have to listen to this year's songs and only listened to Portugal's entry and Israel's - which he trashed.  Fair enough that it is his opinion, but for someone that had won the contest and had his entire country behind him,  it is incredibly arrogant and selfish.  If he disliked Eurovision so much - he should not have represented his country in it.   He does not have to like it but don't bite the hand that feeds you.  Just don't compete or comment.   Sad he has had health problems but his attitude leaves a lot  to be desired. 

"Luckily, this year, I do not have to hear anything," he said. "I only know the Portuguese song and Israel, because YouTube forced me to see it... YouTube thought I would like the Israeli song, and then I opened it and a horrible song came out of it."

Sobral provoked controversy last year when he used his acceptance speech to rail against "fast food" pop music. "We live in a world of disposable music; fast food music without any content," he said. "I think this could be a victory for music with people who make music that actually means something."

Sobral echoed those comments this week, comparing his winning song Amar Pelos Dois – an understated jazz ballad written by his sister – to a wholesome meal.

"When people eat hamburgers every day, suddenly one day they eat, I do not know, a grilled fish, and that makes sense to them and they like that change, bringing things back to simplicity," he said. However, he added the he does "not think anything has changed" since he won the contest.

thank you @Jazzy Jan

well, how contradictional behaviour participating at eurovision and then talking like that.

Thank god I skipped it last year then 😄

I am happy with this years result, but only with the teleovoting one.

There has to be some questions about juries meaning for this event. Its better without them for sure.

I can' believe I stayed up to watch the entire show. I'm glad I did because the vote tally was very nail biting and suspenseful!! I liked Cyprus, but she was such a Beyonce knock off. The Israel girl really nailed her performance and it was a great Eurovision pop song. It's refreshing they didn' just put a fat girl on stage to sing another power ballad. Congrats to her.

Well, HORRIBLE Israel won

Good news? At least next year will see eccentric performances again!!!! This year with Sobral effect was SO BORING!!

I still root for the Bulgarian entry!!! 

cyprus was to beyoncé what...well, she was a copy!!!

I think israel´s song isn´t a good winner.I know that it´s eurovision, and you don´t vote only for the songs´quality. But other countries like moldavia (?) with the singers dancing behind the wall, or that other guy with the neon lights (norway?) had  better visuals.Even eslovenia with the jennifer lopez´ dress. My best moment of the night? salvador sobral and caetano veloso.

16 minutes ago, promise to try said:

cyprus was to beyoncé what...well, she was a copy!!!

I think israel´s song isn´t a good winner.I know that it´s eurovision, and you don´t vote only for the songs´quality. But other countries like moldavia (?) with the singers dancing behind the wall, or that other guy with the neon lights (norway?) had  better visuals.Even eslovenia with the jennifer lopez´ dress. My best moment of the night? salvador sobral and caetano veloso.

Austria

Sweden

both were classy and could have made a nice winner.

The ppl want folk pop (trashy) and vote for Israel and Cyprus... 

Congratulations to Bjork for the victory but, damn, she gained a lot of weight!:lmao:

Omg, the London media gays will be in meltdown about Israel winning!

I've already seen one person going on about Palestine and anti Israel comment.

Music makes the people come together!