MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedy

Eurovision thread

My favs last night: BULGARIA, CZEC REPUBLIC, LITHUANIA

Enough with the absurd retard of Israel. She can't even sing live. Biggest absurd in years! 

And that Cyprus vagina on fire? We have enough with a Beyonce we don't know another absurda. FLUSH HER! 

A pity that Armenia is not in the final. What a BEAUTIFUL SONG. Just the thought that this song is out and that chicken mess of a viral silly person of Israel is in the final...

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

My favs last night: BULGARIA, CZEC REPUBLIC, LITHUANIA

Enough with the absurd retard of Israel. She can't even sing live. Biggest absurd in years! 

And that Cyprus vagina on fire? We have enough with a Beyonce we don't know another absurda. FLUSH HER! 

A pity that Armenia is not in the final. What a BEAUTIFUL SONG. Just the thought that this song is out and that chicken mess of a viral silly person of Israel is in the final...

Lithuania? Really? We could not understand how that got through.

Belgium were robbed.

Ireland only got through because of the gay dancers.

Cyprus wasn't great. 

I liked the Czech guys though.

Israel was hilarious. I got mixed up with another country so did not expect fat Bjork doing a chicken impression.

Somehow I don't trust that Israeli person. Is your typical talentless artist, who relies in being weird to hide the fact that she or he can't do anything else. I didn't like how she answered to some interviews about being the favourite "Oh, look at me, I've never been favourite before...". REally? You want to call pity because it unintentionally helped last year's singer? Flush. 

About Lithuania... I found the performance so touching! The girl sings so tenderly, so emotional. And the song was beautiful too! 

Greece got robbed, so sad. Though the performance was dull

Ireland, lol. Got in to finals because of the  guys hand in hand walk

Belgium was robbed also.

Finland does not deserve to be in finals.

Thank god, Israel and Cyprus rocked the house, otherwise it was quite boring.

Estonia was great too.

Bulgaria sung out of tune, especially the taller guy with beard.

LOVED THIS

1 hour ago, jaron said:

Belgium was robbed also.

Estonia was great too.

Did he? I have such a deaf ear for music that I didn't notice :lol: I thought they sang incredibly good! 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Did he? I have such a deaf ear for music that I didn't notice :lol: I thought they sang incredibly good! 

woman was great, but the guy was out of tune. Its goin on too much on that song. But top 5 for me.

Israel - Cyprus - Italy - France - Bulgaria would be perfect for me.

Austria:inlove:  12 points

Love the song and performance 

Bulgaria and Czech Republic also favourite.

as for Israel an Cyprus it's entertaining but possible winners I dont get the hype.

6 hours ago, jaron said:

Belgium was robbed also.

Estonia was great too.

Finland was best of the night, hands down. That song is so hard to sing and she did it upside down!!!

Israel god awful, chicken cant sing, cant dance, fugly and fat as hell. You cant call that a song either.

Bulgari singer stole Gagas wig from 2008. Boring.

Checz rebublic? Shaking your ass get you to the finals, ok.

Ireland dragged dancers doing gay routine. Are we in 1998.

Seems like Eurovision is back being tacky.

I love tacky Eurovision tbqh

I can't stand people who pretend that it's unfair, or that somehow Eurovision should b a serious comptetion
that i sall about the music.

NO!

tenor.gif?itemid=5721005

It's about Kitsch, Camp, Politics, East vs West, Fashion (Faux pas & otherwise), being Gay, Glamour, that intangible feeling of Euroness, Spain & San Marino being hell bent on coming in last  & occasionally some GOOD music.

THE END.

I say our Ikea vendeuse from Belgium sang very well, but unlike Blanche & her generation XX hipster angst schtick, this
one missed the mark. Awful stage direction, I know she was going 4 Olivier Theyskens High Fashion & keeping it real.

But Girl u were a mess, I don't know how many times we saw a mid close up of the back of ur head, Ur face was not properly beat
4 that lighting and what good is the darkness/melancholy vibe, when u have aging gays waving their flags all around u in every colour of the rainbow.

Bitch should have went 2 the actual main stage with some stoic theatrical choreo.

Ur own fault. MESS.

I was at yesterday's dress rehearsal of semifinal 2, once again in the Golden Circle.

The musical quality is remarkably lower than that of semifinal 2. Probably the lowest-quality semifinal in Eurovision history.

Anyway, these are the 10 countries that I expect to be announced as finalists tonight: Denmark, Hungary, Latvia, Moldova, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway,  Poland, Sweden, and Ukraine.

The first semifinal was so full of big performances! No wonder the second will be different.

Question is, will it be funnier? I missed more camp moments in the first

3 hours ago, acko said:

I can't stand people who pretend that it's unfair, or that somehow Eurovision should b a serious comptetion

NO!

tenor.gif?itemid=5721005

It's about Kitsch, Camp, Politics, East vs West, Fashion (Faux pas & otherwise), being Gay, Glamour, that intangible feeling of Euroness, Spain & San Marino being hell bent on coming in last  & occasionally some GOOD music.

THE END.

Preach it girl! 

19 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The first semifinal was so full of big performances! No wonder the second will be different.

Question is, will it be funnier? I missed more camp moments in the first

I think this is gonna b my least fave edition of the last few years.

4 hours ago, Msig said:

I was at yesterday's dress rehearsal of semifinal 2, once again in the Golden Circle.

The musical quality is remarkably lower than that of semifinal 2. Probably the lowest-quality semifinal in Eurovision history.

Anyway, these are the 10 countries that I expect to be announced as finalists tonight: Denmark, Hungary, Latvia, Moldova, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway,  Poland, Sweden, and Ukraine.

zzzz..

I expect these lower half in the final. Wait, the 1st was practically the final.

9 hours ago, acko said:

I say our Ikea vendeuse from Belgium sang very well, but unlike Blanche & her generation XX hipster angst schtick, this
one missed the mark. Awful stage direction, I know she was going 4 Olivier Theyskens High Fashion & keeping it real.

But Girl u were a mess, I don't know how many times we saw a mid close up of the back of ur head, Ur face was not properly beat
4 that lighting and what good is the darkness/melancholy vibe, when u have aging gays waving their flags all around u in every colour of the rainbow.

Bitch should have went 2 the actual main stage with some stoic theatrical choreo.

Ur own fault. MESS.

I really liked her and I was shocked Belgium didn't qualify. I loved the song and she was interesting, a bit hipster :).

Loved Austria. Not only is Cesar the sexiest guy on that stage, but I also think their song is the strongest. As for our song - the Bulgarian one, I think its very strong, love the production, but I am not sure if 5 people (6 if we count the folklore parts) singing it was a good idea. Its hard to establish a connection between an artist and the public for 3 min, how can you do it with 5 ppl? I know they have amazing voices, but there were some imperfections. I really want Bulgaria to win at last, but I m not sure we will especially if we look at the odds. We are free falling. Cyprus was dynamic, but its like the Greek Beyonce. Its not my thing. Israel is fun, but again its not my thing: childish and unintentionally (or intentionally) funny.

3 minutes ago, elijah said:

I really liked her and I was shocked Belgium didn't qualify. I loved the song and she was interesting, a bit hipster :).

Loved Austria. Not only is Cesar the sexiest guy on that stage, but I also think their song is the strongest. As for our song - the Bulgarian one, I think its very strong, love the production, but I am not sure if 5 people (6 if we count the folklore parts) singing it was a good idea. Its hard to establish a connection between an artist and the public for 3 min, how can you do it with 5 ppl? I know they have amazing voices, but there were some imperfections. I really want Bulgaria to win at last, but I m not sure we will especially if we look at the odds. We are free falling. Cyprus was dynamic, but its like the Greek Beyonce. Its not my thing. Israel is fun, but again its not my thing: childish and unintentionally (or intentionally) funny.

My bf loves Bulgaria, I say the harmonies r a mess/not pleasant enough. There's no point in having 5 people sing, when there's no harmony 'effect'.

9 hours ago, acko said:

NO!

tenor.gif?itemid=5721005

THE END.

😄

7 qualifiers predicted right, out of 10. Serbia was a huge surprise to me. Australia and Slovenia weren't, though I thought they'd just miss making the cut.

Here's the recap of the final, in running order. I think the running order benefits especially Cyprus and France.

On 5/10/2018 at 7:55 PM, acko said:

My bf loves Bulgaria, I say the harmonies r a mess/not pleasant enough. There's no point in having 5 people sing, when there's no harmony 'effect'.

For me it's part of the big drama. 

And love when the boys face each other and move while the girl (Zhana) belts out with all her heart (and the wind machine hits her dated wig)

On 5/9/2018 at 12:30 PM, jonski43 said:

Lithuania? Really? We could not understand how that got through.

Belgium were robbed.

Ireland only got through because of the gay dancers.

Cyprus wasn't great. 

I liked the Czech guys though.

Israel was hilarious. I got mixed up with another country so did not expect fat Bjork doing a chicken impression.

the belgian candidate is a big M fan.. she had a great song but the performance in the middle of the crowd made it forgettable for eurovision..i cant believe she didnt go for the main stage and as acko said went for that darker vibe.. she should have been mysterious/showed the power of the song (and that hair) on her own on a big stage. not standing between flags.. my fam & myself were saying she was gonna lose just because of that stupid fucking decision the moment we saw it

bulgaria was awful. maybe cuz the female singer reminds me of slob

israel seemed to take inspiration from cardi b and gay culture (well, typical eurovision of course.. i cant be mad)

I like Moldova.. they're always so much fun

I'm just afraid it's gonna be between the opera girl with the skirt and netta

5 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I'm just afraid it's gonna be between the opera girl with the skirt and netter

They were fun. I've no idea who will win but I have heard that J lo knock off, Cyprus, is popular but I don't think it's very good

14 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I'm just afraid it's gonna be between the opera girl with the skirt and netter

Until yesterday Ireland was nowhere to be seen in Top10 odds. Today, it's at #3...

tenor.gif

Ireland :lmao:

I liked the Ireland song.