MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedey

Eurovision thread

The final version of the UK entry has been released, with a revamped production and re-recorded vocals. The general consensus among fans is that the new version makes less of an impact than the original:

The Croatian entry has been released, too:

As of now, these are the bookmakers' top 5 favourites to win the contest:

1. Bulgaria
- Entry TBA on 12 March. Rumour has it that the entry is a ballad titled "Bones", which will allegedly be performed by a group created for the occasion, consisting of Bulgarian singers Zhana Bergendorff, Georgi Simeonov and Vladimir Mihailov, as well as US singers Johnny Manuel, Michelle Bell and Trey Campbell.

2. Estonia
- Will be represented by the song "La forza", performed by Elina Nechayeva.

3. Czech Republic
- Will be represented by the song "Lie to Me", performed by Mikolas Josef. Interesting, the Czech Republic has managed to qualify for the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest only once before.

4. Spain
- Will be represented by the song "Tu canción", performed by Alfred & Amaia.

5. Australia
- Will be represented by the song "We Got Love", performed by Jessica Mauboy. A demo version of the song was leaked by a Russian website earlier today; the final version remains unreleased.

5 hours ago, Msig said:

The final version of the UK entry has been released, with a revamped production and re-recorded vocals. The general consensus among fans is that the new version makes less of an impact than the original:

The Croatian entry has been released, too:

As of now, these are the bookmakers' top 5 favourites to win the contest:

1. Bulgaria
- Entry TBA on 12 March. Rumour has it that the entry is a ballad titled "Bones", which will allegedly be performed by a group created for the occasion, consisting of Bulgarian singers Zhanna Bergendorff, Georgi Simeonov and Vladimir Mihailov, as well as US singers Johnny Manuel, Michelle Bell and Trey Campbell.

2. Estonia
- Will be represented by the song "La forza", performed by Elina Nechayeva.

3. Czech Republic
- Will be represented by the song "Lie to Me", performed by Mikolas Josef. Interesting, the Czech Republic has managed to qualify for the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest only once before.

4. Spain
- Will be represented by the song "Tu canción", performed by Alfred & Amaia.

5. Australia
- Will be represented by the song "We Got Love", performed by Jessica Mauboy. A demo version of the song was leaked by a Russian website earlier today; the final version remains unreleased.

Omg I am now obsessed with a Zhana song right now! I discovered it last week even though it's from a couple of years ago! I would love her to win :clap:

!!!!  Do you like her, @elijah

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Omg I am now obsessed with a Zhana song right now! I discovered it last week even though it's from a couple of years ago!

!!!!  Do you like her, @elijah

She is not my cup of tea, to be honest... I feel like she is a bit manifactured, she won Xfactor or smth like that and I never felt like those ppl are organic/true to themselves. She is a bit crazy, she had problems with the drugs (very public - caught driving drunk I think), but the song you posted is quite good... 

As a whole, I hope our entry for Eurovision is great this year and I pray we win. It would be so great if you come here for Eurovision 2019!!! We ll have so much fun and wine :)

20 minutes ago, elijah said:

She is not my cup of tea, to be honest... I feel like she is a bit manifactured, she won Xfactor or smth like that and I never felt like those ppl are organic/true to themselves. She is a bit crazy, she had problems with the drugs (very public - caught driving drunk I think), but the song you posted is quite good... 

As a whole, I hope our entry for Eurovision is great this year and I pray we win. It would be so great if you come here for Eurovision 2019!!! We ll have so much fun and wine :)

Omg imagine Bulgaria wins and we travel there!????  So many friends here want to see Bulgaria,  I'm sure we would be many people there 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Omg imagine Bulgaria wins and we travel there!????  So many friends here want to see Bulgaria,  I'm sure we would be many people there 

OMG! It would be so fun!!! 

1 hour ago, elijah said:

I've been told by people in the know that the song itself has the potential to make the top 5. And since no other obvious winning candidates have emerged so far, it might even win.

However, BNT are very well aware that they've made a risky choice - Zhana as lead singer being the most risky part of the project. Her parts were reportedly sung by Loreen on the original demo.

33 minutes ago, Msig said:

I've been told by people in the know that the song itself has the potential to make the top 5. And since no other obvious winning candidates have emerged so far, it might even win.

However, BNT are very well aware that they've made a risky choice - Zhana as lead singer being the most risky part of the project. Her parts were reportedly sung by Loreen on the original demo.

Sounds great! I haven't heard anything about the winning song. I just heard that 3 songs were selected by a group of international experts.

The Eurovision version of Australia's entry has been released. And yes, the hashtag is part of the official song title:

The Austrian entry was released earlier today, and I love it  :inlove:

César Sampson himself co-wrote and co-produced the song, along with a multinational team consisting of Sebastian Arman, Borislav Milanov, Joacim Persson and Jonas Alkenäs.

20 hours ago, Msig said:

The Eurovision version of Australia's entry has been released. And yes, the hashtag is part of the official song title:

i LOVE this song - it was released in Australia this morning and is doing very well on digital charts already (#3 on itunes and rising rapidly)

I stil don’t understand what the fuck Australia is doing in this competition but anyhoo - GO AUSSIES!

How can Bulgaria be favorite to win if the song is not even released yet? :dazed:

2 hours ago, mamifero said:

How can Bulgaria be favorite to win if the song is not even released yet? :dazed:

Because the song itself is being hyped by many of the people who were on the selection jury.. The selection jury consisted of four different jury panels:

1. Music professionals, TV producers and marketing managers
2. Journalists and betting experts
3. Bulgarian jury
4. Hardcore Eurovision fans and casual viewers

The 13 submitted entries were whittled down to 3 potential entries based on the votes of these jury panels. The final decision on the entry was made by the broadcaster.

@Msig What do you think about Croatia's entry? :laugh:

28 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

@Msig What do you think about Croatia's entry? :laugh:

It's well-produced, but there's nothing memorable about it either. It tries to be bold when in fact it is rather bland.

Sweden and Norway just chose their entries:

As expected, Sweden will be represented by Benjamin Ingrosso, who's the cousin of Sebastian Ingrosso. Not my favourite song in the Swedish final, but certainly a strong overall package.

Norway will once again be represented by Alexander Rybak, who previously won the Eurovision Song Contest 2009. I guess his entry for Lisbon could either bomb completely or make the top 5.

Alexander Rybak reminded me of Jamiroqui, its groovy, I like it.

I love the Swedish song, as always :)

israel's song leaked and it's fantastic! i love netta and I am super curious to see how she will present the song on stage. 

"Toy" is absolutely bonkers! Love it! :)

Macedonia and Russia also just released their songs. Neither will trouble the top 10.

The ending of the video for "I Won't Break" is just cringey :dead:

11 hours ago, just!ce said:

israel's song leaked and it's fantastic! i love netta and I am super curious to see how she will present the song on stage. 

I think we should expecting something similar to this, but with less dancers:

22 hours ago, Msig said:

Sweden and Norway just chose their entries:

As expected, Sweden will be represented by Benjamin Ingrosso, who's the cousin of Sebastian Ingrosso. Not my favourite song in the Swedish final, but certainly a strong overall package.

Norway will once again be represented by Alexander Rybak, who previously won the Eurovision Song Contest 2009. I guess his entry for Lisbon could either bomb completely or make the top 5.

Isnt Benjamin the son of Pernilla Wahlberg? Sebastian Ingrosso I dont know him.

Anyway, his song is awful. My friend asked why he has childs speaking voice.

18 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Isnt Benjamin the son of Pernilla Wahlberg? Sebastian Ingrosso I dont know him.

Anyway, his song is awful. My friend asked why he has childs speaking voice.

Yup :yes:

Pernilla Wahlgren is Benjamin Ingrosso's mom, who has made five unsuccessful attempts at getting to Eurovision

8 minutes ago, Msig said:

Yup :yes:

Pernilla Wahlgren is Benjamin Ingrosso's mom, who has made five unsuccessful attempts at getting to Eurovision

She was close with 2nd Place..

Lithuania chose its entry late last night

Bulgaria's entry to be revealed in a few minutes

Considering what else is on offer this year, I think Bulgaria might just win IF they deliver a strong live performance, both vocally and visually..

Equinox consists of Bulgarian singers Zhana Bergendorff, Georgi Simeonov (aka JJ) and Vladimir Mihaylov, as well as US singers Johnny Manuel and Trey Campbell.

The song was co-written by group member Trey Campbell, along with Borislav Milanov, Joacim Persson & Dag Lundberg.

Well,  I love the Bulgarian song, and of course I want Bulgaria to win because they deserve it. I find the song superb...

.... BUT...

...I'm tired of this laboratory-tested recipes of songs written by Swedish mercenaries and now sung by USA singers... What's this fuckery? The Eurovision I love is camp and breezy and uplifting and the ballads are cliches but at leats performed by people from the country! 

As I said, i'm all for Bulgaria but let¡'s remember that last year a little song in Portuguese won because it was sincere. 

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Well,  I love the Bulgarian song, and of course I want Bulgaria to win because they deserve it. I find the song superb...

.... BUT...

...I'm tired of this laboratory-tested recipes of songs written by Swedish mercenaries and now sung by USA singers... What's this fuckery? The Eurovision I love is camp and breezy and uplifting and the ballads are cliches but at leats performed by people from the country! 

As I said, i'm all for Bulgaria but let¡'s remember that last year a little song in Portuguese won because it was sincere. 

But 3/5 are Bulgarian singers, so it’s the majority. I can’t hear the song still but if it’s good, that’s all it matters. We need to win this at least once. Hopefully it’s Sofia 2019.

1 hour ago, elijah said:

But 3/5 are Bulgarian singers, so it’s the majority. I can’t hear the song still but if it’s good, that’s all it matters. We need to win this at least once. Hopefully it’s Sofia 2019.

It is a VERY good song. Fingers crossed for a Eurovision meetin in Sofia next year!!!! :clap:

My favorite this year is France. Its about time they win it and I go to Paris :inlove:

Oh dear people are raving about the Israel mess and I'm appalled :lmao: Imagine this wins and gets viral? I will jump from this world