MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedy

Eurovision thread

Germany will end with zero points, reclaims the last place, as it should be. 

16 hours ago, Msig said:

Wasn't it accused of plagiarising a previous Sanremo song by the same songwriters? :nocomment:

Btw, I love Ermal Meta's entry from last year's Sanremo festival, though I'm happy Francesco Gabbani won :)

Yes :chuckle: it almost got disqualified but they decided to let it re-enter the competition (and it won :chuckle:). 

Love the song though, they're two very talented guys so I hope everything goes well this year, I'm still not over Gabbani's flop....how in the world he didn't make an impact at the Eurovision remains a mystery to me. Not to mention Occidentali's Karma was a HUGE hit not only in Italy but throughout Europe...oh well. 

Vocals for Whigfield were done by British singer Annerley Gordon.

First euro "hit" was released as "Charme" with some other blonde miming:

She has provided vocals (many times with altered pitch) for dozens of dance acts under different names. Here's a small sample:

On 12/2/2018 at 7:55 PM, Je5u5 said:

Vocals for Whigfield were done by British singer Annerley Gordon.

I guess you're right... It really does seem that Sannie has been doing vocals for the Whigfield project only since 2008/9.

Btw, three countries have chosen or revealed their entrants for Lisbon today:

Croatia will be represented by Franka and the song "Crazy", which will be released on 26 February. Here's the video for one of her recent singles:

Macedonia will be represented by the group Eye Cue and their song "Lost and Found", which will be released in a few weeks. This is one of their recent singles:

Finally, Israel has chosen to send Netta Barzilai to Eurovision. Her entry is TBA, but she's a great singer. Here's her audition for the talent show that served as Israel's national selection:

Greece will be represented by the song "Oneiro mou", sung by Gianna Terzi.

ERT, the Greek national broadcaster, had originally planned to hold a televised national selection show with 3 competing entries, but 2 of the 3 participants were disqualified earlier today, due to their record labels failing to provide a € 20,000 bank guarantee within the deadline set by the broadcaster.

Re: the transliteration of her name, her name is transliterated as 'Gianna Terzi' on all music services and as 'Yianna Terzi' on all of her social media accounts.

For Eurovision, she has decided to go with 'Gianna Terzi'.

On 25/1/2018 at 8:11 PM, Katypatra said:

Reason I asked is because I’m following Alekseev and he mentioned being on Eurovision. 

As expected, Alekseev won the Belarussian national final, following a rather dodgy SMS voting and a likely rigged jury vote.

The song was originally submitted for the Ukrainian selection, but wasn't eligible to compete there, prompting Alekseev to submit it in Belarus instead.

Both Serbia and Montenegro have now chosen their entries for Lisbon:

Serbia

Montenegro

Estonia is currently among bookmakers' favourites for winning ESC 2018. Here's a recap of the songs still in the running to win the Estonian ticket to Lisbon:

Finland is another bookmaker favourite for winning ESC 2018. These are the 3 potential entries, all performed by Saara Aalto:

Yay! My favourite won in Germany. If they stage it right in Lisbon, this could make the top 5 :inlove:

A bunch of countries have selected their Eurovision entries tonight:

Moldova

Slovenia

Ukraine

Hungary

Latvia's final is still on-going

On 22.2.2018 at 9:59 PM, Msig said:

Yay! My favourite won in Germany. If they stage it right in Lisbon, this could make the top 5 :inlove:

Awful. So extremely contemporary like any other singer/songwriter stuff out there. 

Laura Rizzotto won the Latvian final. She's a Brazilian singer of Latvian and Portuguese descent, who was raised in the US.

14 hours ago, Lolo said:

Awful. So extremely contemporary like any other singer/songwriter stuff out there. 

I agree, it’s a bland and random pop song and sounds like the shit that’s on the radio all the time. I wish more countries would be a little bit more daring (for example Lena‘s Taken By A Stranger was a risky move but she still reached the top 10).

Armenia and Romania chose their entries for Lisbon yesterday:

Armenia

Romania

This means that we now know 21 of the 43 songs that will be competing in this year's contest.

The Dutch and Cypriot entries were both released within the past 10 minutes:

Netherlands

Cyprus

WAYLON ROCKS!!!

On 12-2-2018 at 12:25 PM, acko said:

:rotfl: SHIT.  Dead last once again. That Whoaoaoaoahhh towards the end :lol: it's basically twice reductive after Emmelie de Forrest and Loreen.

Well she did land in the top 5 TWICE singing back up 4 Belgium :lol: She's basically Donna Delory circa Belinda Carlisle.

2 hours ago, Hapertje said:

WAYLON ROCKS!!!

Ya think? I think Holland is buying 2 much in2 their own hype as in 'we're the ones doing real music'
I know it's Eurovision, but the music is so inauthentic...it's sound like American FM-country meets Jersey Stadium rock.
I know he likes his Americana but this sounds like an excercise in style.

Top 5 for sure for Waylon!!!! Mark my words!

I feel stupid that it bothers me, but it's 2018!! 

Five more entries have been chosen tonight. This means that we now know 28 of this year's 43 songs.

Finland

Estonia

Poland

San Marino

Iceland

Sweden is one of the current booking favourites for winning this year's contest, though their entry won't be chosen until next Saturday. Here's a recap of the 12 songs still in the running:

Sweden‘s songs are seriously awful. Why exactly are they the favorite?

6 hours ago, DagIN said:

Sweden is always among the pre-contest favourites. This year mainly because of this entry, which is widely regarded as the most likely winner.

6 hours ago, DagIN said:

I love the Swedish songs. They rarely has a song that aint a banger. Euphoria was perfect and so was 2017 entry.

Azerbaijan's song was released earlier today.

I had very hopes for this, but after hearing the song, I think this will struggle to make the top 15 in Lisbon... It's not bad, just very bland and generic. Probably the weakest of the songs Dimitris Kontopoulos has written for the contest.

The Belgian entry has been released a few days earlier than planned after having been leaked on a Russian website:

Portugal, the host country, has also chosen its entry