MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedey

Eurovision thread

7 hours ago, acko said:

Msig we need your top 10 prédiction!

This will have to be in random order. This year's final is SO difficult to predict.

First of all, I think the top 3 will consist of Italy, Portugal and Bulgaria. But I have no idea in which order. Italy is probably the most likely winner, but it could be either. In any scenario, I predict that both Portugal and Bulgaria will score their best ever results this year. Portugal's best result to date is 6th in 1996, whereas Bulgaria's 4th-place finish from last year is their best result to date. Curiously, Bulgaria has made the final only twice since their debut in 2005, but still managed to make the top 5 on both occasions.

The biggest other contenders for top 10 are the following (in order of performance):

• Armenia
  • Netherlands
  • Croatia
  • United Kingdom
  • Romania
  • Belgium
  • Sweden

At the opposite end of the scoreboard, last place in the final will probably go to Spain. Or, alternative, Germany, who finished last in both 2015 and 2016.

Hungary's song is beautiful and one of my favorites this year. The bookmakers see it at #14 for the final but I hope it will at least slip into the top 10..

8 hours ago, Msig said:
  • Armenia
  • Netherlands
  • Croatia
  • United Kingdom
  • Romania
  • Belgium
  • Sweden

At the opposite end of the scoreboard, last place in the final will probably go to Spain. Or, alternative, Germany, who finished last in both 2015 and 2016.

:wow:

What a torture, i had to switch off the tv, it felt like listening a gaga album.

I hope Portugal wins.

Gabbani slayed.:wow: What a performance! I am listening to the other songs for the first time. Isreal and Austria were nice.

The Spanish singer released a Godzilla sized crow.

Twitter is ablaze :lol:

Is it just me or are many of the entries really bad this time? I know Eurovision has never been the place to seek out quality music, but occasionally there have been some standouts...but this time I don't think there is any memorable song :sneaky:

I think either Italy, Azerbaijan, Norway, Sweden, Moldova, Portugal,  Romania will win. 

Good result!

My fav: Hungary, Italy and Moldova

wtf I hate that Portuguese hipster. he's just like gaga suggesting only he is "real music". dont believe him at all.

i liked italy.. moldova was fun

and we're 4th :) we're doing pretty well lately!

1 minute ago, Orion said:

This was Occidentali's Karma's Eurovision, EVERYBODY knows it.

tumblr_oovzs99dS31vrjwbvo1_500.gif

and i love france! what a nice girl and a sweet song. should be higher. happy the uk got low votes from the public. so boring

1 minute ago, Orion said:

What an absolute disappointment.

It's not a talent show anymore, people vote you because you've been through a lot or because you are from the nearest country.

This was Occidentali's Karma's Eurovision, EVERYBODY knows it.

Agree 100% Nikki, didn't like his speech, very pretentious.

he so rubs me the wrong way, it's all so fake. and the stupid hand moving is a gimmick to seem "cute" and eccentric. "real music" my ass. if it's just music he wouldnt need to do that shit. lol i really cant stand him. he's the male gaga

I'm happy.

The rest was utter crap like a neverending gaga covers contest. 

I never watch the Eurovision because it's always crap.

18 minutes ago, Orion said:

Agree :clap: I respect and I'm happy for his now good health but at the Eurovision we need to judge the music...and his song is just not good.

And yes, I can't stand that "real music with a meaning" thing....very Gaga indeed. Typical pseudo alternative "real music lover" pretentious twerp. 

i just heard he has an illness. i didnt know that. eh well, doesnt change what i think of him or his pretence and how he performed

btw, jury voting seems even more political than televoting 

have you seen how bulgaria's jury voted? they purposely gave nothing to portugal, italy, and all the countries that are high in the polls. shameless

and im surprised blanche didnt get a lot of jury votes..

25 minutes ago, Nikki said:

have you seen how bulgaria's jury voted? they purposely gave nothing to portugal, italy, and all the countries that are high in the polls. shameless

Portugal also didn't give us any points. And I really liked Austria which got 12 points from BG.

I so wanted Bulgaria to win cause Kristian gave his all and was amazing on stage.

But Portugal was different and I understand why they won. Its a nice song. Congrats to Portugal!

18 minutes ago, elijah said:

Portugal also didn't give us any points. And I really liked Austria which got 12 points from BG.

I so wanted Bulgaria to win cause Kristian gave his all and was amazing on stage.

But Portugal was different and I understand why they won. Its a nice song. Congrats to Portugal!

i liked bulgaria :) but their jury votes weren't cool

im disappointed in italy's staging. the video and song are so catchy. with a better performance he still wouldnt have won, but now they're the losers of the night. if they spent more time on the performance instead of enjoying the hype and thinking the song, monkey, and silly dance would do the job, maybe they couldve been in the top 3

spain´s twitter is full of jokes about the spanish singer: he was a total disaster, even worse than we thought! he was so bad that it´s really funny!!!!

Spaniards are freaking out because someone gave them 5 points, they 'd rather have 0 points :chuckle:

It was Portugal :lol:

C_vd2f-WsAAyRBT.jpg

Wow it was such a great festival.  So many good songs. We were rooting for Bulgaria at home and the finish minutes were so exciting.   

Spain was a disaster as we all wanted.  Serve the television right for hampering with the candidate.  They will never do that again.  

Glad that a simple song in a language that is not English won.  I'm sick and tired or songs in English.  

Loved Moldova sooooo much!  

And the Romanian male singer.... So Hot!  

Boring hosts by the way.  The second semifinal was far more funny. 

6 hours ago, mamifero said:

Spaniards are freaking out because someone gave them 5 points, they 'd rather have 0 points :chuckle:

It was Portugal :lol:

C_vd2f-WsAAyRBT.jpg

we were so proud with our zero points!!! it´s what we deserved!!!

THE BEST ONE

I completely understand why Portugal won. Such a quiet song. People are just tired, life has become so extremely stressful and aggressive. People are longing for peaceful moments. And Portugal just gave that.

The song I liked the most was Belgium, gave me 80s vibes. I like Australia as well. The song had a great production. And even The Netherlands with their Wilson Phillips performance and Austria with the Dreamworks SKG trailer.

Madonna moments: Italy with the Keith Haring S&S background projection. Armenia having Aya and Bambi on stage.

Let downs: Sweden: Justin Timberlake is so last year. Norway: Daft Punk, really? Romania: why the yodeling? Hungary, I have no idea what that was. Crotia, now that was really weird. Germany, not only sounds the song awfully familiar, what about the background projection? A sleek Mercedes commercial for a car study? Spain, if they had just stood there doing nothing, they may have won more points.

Sad that Israel seems to be no longer participating because they shut the TV channel down.

Only just watched it all as taped it.  Was happy for Portugal as thought it was a tender and different song.  Completely different winner for a change which was great for this year. Heard about his illness and his sister stepping in for him at rehearsals and was happy for him and Portugal.  That was until I heard this speech.  What a pretentious wanker.  Winning a competition and then choosing to ridicule it and go on about it being music and not fireworks and hope that it all changes from now.  Not a gracious or endearing winner at all. 

.  Eurovision is a fun, fantastic and great night with lots of weird, wonderful and colourful entries.  What makes it different and fun from any other night.   So if all acts from now on are like Portugal - quite reflective music -  it will lose it's uniqueness.  I loved seeing the wacky and wonderful performances from Romania, Moldova, Croatia, Italy, alongside the great vocals from France, The UK, Bulgaria,  Armenia and the Netherlands. Loved the fun dance music from Sweden, Greece and Belgium.  Leaving a lot out but many were great.   So happy for Portugal, but for the arrogant pretentious singer who seems to thinks he is too good for Eurovision - just bad form with that speech. 

2 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Only just watched it all as taped it.  Was happy for Portugal as thought it was a tender and different song.  Completely different winner for a change which was great for this year. Heard about his illness and his sister stepping in for him at rehearsals and was happy for him and Portugal.  That was until I heard this speech.  What a pretentious wanker.  Winning a competition and then choosing to ridicule it and go on about it being music and not fireworks and hope that it all changes from now.  Not a gracious or endearing winner at all. 

.  Eurovision is a fun, fantastic and great night with lots of weird, wonderful and colourful entries.  What makes it different and fun from any other night.   So if all acts from now on are like Portugal - quite reflective music -  it will lose it's uniqueness.  I loved seeing the wacky and wonderful performances from Romania, Moldova, Croatia, Italy, Greece alongside the great vocals from France, The UK, Bulgaria,  Armenia and the Netherlands. Loved the fun dance music from Sweden, Greece and Belgium.  Leaving a lot out but many were great.   So happy for Portugal, but for the arrogant pretentious singer who seems to thinks he is too good for Eurovision - just bad form with that speech. 

I feel exactly the same about Portugal as you do...

I quite like the new thriller-way of splitting up the votes...

Especially if ur country is in the top 5!

As an Italian I'm glad Italy went down, check ur Toto Cutugno, Umberto Tozzi rasp at the door bitches.

:rotfl: The UK still so serious/classic after all these years

The UK has the best music writers in Europe,  along Sweden,  and they always send SHIT.  

Germany is too lost in their own world.  How long since they sent something interesting?  

Spain...  :lmao: We all so wanted to have zero points.  We hate that stupid mong.  

It's such a blast this festival. We all gather at home and laugh until we cry.  Love it.  And yes, the Portugal dude is your typical hipster dismissing the fun. But the joke is on him,  as he will always be attached to the festival from now on.  

The Bulgarian boy was fuming when he heard those words.  He was just live,  speaking for the Bulgarian TV and the Portuguese dude said that and they heard and he said "oh,  and yours is what should have won?".  Bitter words,  but on point.