rebelheart

Could RH have worked in stadiums?

Could RH have worked in stadiums?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Could RH have worked in stadiums?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe?

What do u think? I'm suprised M didn't play more stadium shows on RH especially in Asia where it was her first time visiting. Was the main stage maybe too small? did M not want to play stadiums? Thoughts?

Stadiums are not suitable for Madonna concerts in my opinion. I saw the Girlie Show at a stadium ( MCG ) and it was too far away to fully see and appreciate just how great she is. Her interaction with the crowd, dance routines and production is personal, wonderful and more suited to arenas. Stadiums are more suited to rock and roll type shows where the crowd all sing along and don't really care if they can see the artist clearly. I personally think Madonna is too good for stadiums. She needs to be seen and experienced closer as is so artistic and visual.

Stadiums are not suitable for Madonna concerts in my opinion. I saw the Girlie Show at a stadium ( MCG ) and it was too far away to fully see and appreciate just how great she is. Her interaction with the crowd, dance routines and production is personal, wonderful and more suited to arenas. Stadiums are more suited to rock and roll type shows where the crowd all sing along and don't really care if they can see the artist clearly. I personally think Madonna is too good for stadiums. She needs to be seen and experienced closer as is so artistic and visual.

Good point, wish I could have seen the Girlie Show at the G but I was only 1, lol, anyway so happy I saw her in an arena from the heart & front row, was the best experience of my life!

She did it in Singapore and it worked (sorts). Anyway, with stadium shows, there's really no point being in the back and you can't even see anything. You either have to in one of the front seats (or first few rows) otherwise there's just no point.

I don't know...maybe it could have worked but I'm really glad that she did arenas. The first time I saw her (S&S 2008) was of course a stadium and although I had the best seats, she still was far away!

In an arena, especially with a stage like the one she used this time, everyone gets to see more of her. Her interaction was very personal and it really worked very well in an arena!

I wanted to kill myself sitting in the back of an arena. In a stadium it would have been far worse. The sets weren't made for that at all. Everything must be that much bigger and grander for a stadium.

No, I don't think so.

Saw S&S in a stadium and while the setlist was very suitable for a stadium show, the stage was still too small for that kind of venue.

Madonna's productions are made for arenas, so she should stick to performing in them.

Stadiums are not suitable for Madonna concerts in my opinion. I saw the Girlie Show at a stadium ( MCG ) and it was too far away to fully see and appreciate just how great she is.

Same here. I have seen the Who's that Girl Tour with 60.000 Fans at the Waldstadion/ Frankfurt. It was much too big and there weren't big displays so we used someones binoculars. She was small like an ant. But the atmosphere was great and we partied on the seats. Apart from this the sound and her voice have been awful - but nobody cared.

Who's That Girl and Sticky are her best stadium tours, followed by Blond Ambition.

All her other tours have been better suited to arenas.

No. M shows just aren't suited to it. Far too many set pieces, costumes and dance routines, all those special moments that make a Madonna show are lost in a stadium. they only work for band like Coldpaly or the Rolling Stones were it doesn't matter that you can't see what going because it just some blokes hardly moving.

No. M shows just aren't suited to it. Far too many set pieces, costumes and dance routines, all those special moments that make a Madonna show are lost in a stadium. they only work for band like Coldpaly or the Rolling Stones were it doesn't matter that you can't see what going because it just some blokes hardly moving.

I wouldn't say Jagger hardly moves, lol!

I think the S&S worked well in the stadiums. I saw her in 2008 and couldn't have asked for a better spot just in the middle of the golden circle. MDNA was kind of different since it included more theatrics... and some parts were too intimate to perform them in an open-air stadium plus it rained during almost the whole damn tour :confused:

I think the S&S worked well in the stadiums. I saw her in 2008 and couldn't have asked for a better spot just in the middle of the golden circle. MDNA was kind of different since it included more theatrics... and some parts were too intimate to perform them in an open-air stadium plus it rained during almost the whole damn tour :confused:

Oh gosh, imagine buying merchandise and tour book before the show then for it to get wet :0

Oh gosh, imagine buying merchandise and tour book before the show then for it to get wet :0

They don't give you a bag to put it in...?

Her shows work best in Arena sized venues although she can do well in stadiums too.

They don't give you a bag to put it in...?

The bags can also get wet.. Plus imagine that was a Madonna tour bag? :o

Nah, I feel like none of her shows have been suited for stadiums except for The Girlie Show TBH (this isn't shade, I'm just talking about the production, it usually isn't big enough for stadiums)

Who cares whether her shows "fit" stadiums...what matters is that she filled them. :newspaper:

I like the intimacy an arena provides, especially for a show like the RHT where there was quite a bit of engagement with the fans.

I agree completely.

And just like you, I saw GS in Olympic Stadium in Montreal. I was so far away and the sound was so bad, it was a real joke. If I wanted to see her on a screen, I'd watch her onTV.