MadonnaNation.com Forums

3 hours ago, acko said:

In terms 'male energy' in popular culture I can't think of any two beings more unique than him and David Bowie.

I did an event a while ago where I had to choose my favourite song from a pile of records. I didn't find any Madonna or Prince, so I chose George Michael because I wanted to talk about those male artists that weren't like other male musicians in rock or pop who were aggressively masculine. Prince, George (although he came out later) and Bowie were the only male stars I could see that were channelling a different kind of energy (as you put it so well) that straight men could appreciate too. The amount of 'manly' men I know who love these guys and people like Freddie Mercury just shows that there is room for every type of man - even men who could be feminine, wear make up and be alternative. It seems nowadays we only have male singers on both sides (which is still good obv) rather than all along the varied spectrum of what it could be to be a male artist.

12 hours ago, acko said:

In terms 'male energy' in popular culture I can't think of any two beings more unique than him and David Bowie.

Yes, he was definitely his own man and didn't conform to any ideal. 

Will anyone be getting the record store Day Prince releases?

15 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Loves! He could move and dance with the best of them!!

prince-his-majestys-pop-life.jpg?maxwidt

Replica of 1985 Japanese Limited Edition Prince release “His Majesty’s Pop Life / The Purple Mix Club” originally limited to a run of 500, released in Japan only!

Limited to 14,000 copies worldwide.

Tracklisting:
Side A:
Pop Life (Fresh Dance Mix)
America (Album Version)

Side B:
Raspberry Beret (New Mix)
Paisley Park (Remix)

Side 😄
Let's Go Crazy (Special Dance Mix)
Little Red Corvette (Dance Mix)
1999 (Album Version)

Side 😧
I Would Die 4 U (Extended Version)
Erotic City ("Make Love Not War Erotic City Come Alive") (Long Version)
When Doves Cry (Album Version)

53248478_2142201555823613_92041761615616

In anticipation of the release of The Gold Experience, the first album credited to his infamously unpronounceable symbol, Prince issued The VERSACE Experience: PRELUDE 2 GOLD as a gift to attendees of the designer’s collection at Fashion Week in Paris during the summer of 1995. The cassette, which featured remixed versions of future favorites “Pussy Control,” “Gold” and “Eye Hate U” as well as rare and commercially unreleased selections by The New Power Generation and Prince’s jazz-fusion project Madhouse, remains one of the rarest Prince releases of all time—until now, when it will be recreated exclusively for Record Store Day 2019.

Quantity: 4000

SIDE A
1. PRINCE Pussy Control (Club Mix) (Edit)
2. PRINCE Shhh (X-cerpt)
3. THE NEW POWER GENERATION Get Wild In The House
4. PRINCE Eye Hate U (Remix)
5. PRINCE 319 (X-cerpt)
6. PRINCE Shy (X-cerpt)

SIDE B
1. PRINCE Billy Jack Bitch
2. MADHOUSE Sonny T. (X-cerpt)
3. MADHOUSE Rootie Kazootie (Edit)
4. PRINCE Chatounette Controls
5. PRINCE Pussy Control (Control Tempo) (Edit)
6. THE NEW POWER GENERATION ORCHESTRA Kamasutra Overture #5
7. THE NEW POWER GENERATION Free The Music
8. PRINCE Segue
9. PRINCE Gold (X-crept)

The Versace Experience is the most expensive cassette ever sold at the online music marketplace Discogs, fetching $4,087 (£3,075) back in 2016.

A rare, one-off release, it was originally given away to guests at Versace's Paris Fashion Week show in the summer of 1995.

It features edits and remixes of tracks from Prince's Gold Experience album including P Control, Gold and Shhh, some of which never released anywhere else, alongside material from side-projects like the New Power Generation and jazz-fusion band Madhouse.

Like the original, this release is only being issued on cassette.

19 hours ago, horn said:

The Versace Experience is the most expensive cassette ever sold at the online music marketplace Discogs, fetching $4,087 (£3,075) back in 2016.

A rare, one-off release, it was originally given away to guests at Versace's Paris Fashion Week show in the summer of 1995.

It features edits and remixes of tracks from Prince's Gold Experience album including P Control, Gold and Shhh, some of which never released anywhere else, alongside material from side-projects like the New Power Generation and jazz-fusion band Madhouse.

Like the original, this release is only being issued on cassette.

I'd love to get this but can't be bothered to queue. However, Someone recently posted these on m infinity so at least I've got the music.

I'll see if I can get the vinyl in eBay afterwards.

40 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I'd love to get this but can't be bothered to queue. However, Someone recently posted these on m infinity so at least I've got the music.

I'll see if I can get the vinyl in eBay afterwards.

Cassette, you mean?

9 hours ago, horn said:

Cassette, you mean?

I'll get the remix album on eBay on vinyl as there's 14,000 copies but assume the Versace cassette will sell out and cost loads on eBay as there's only 4,000.

I'm not a fan but tempted to get the cassette for the sake of collecting.

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

I'll get the remix album on eBay on vinyl as there's 14,000 copies but assume the Versace cassette will sell out and cost loads on eBay as there's only 4,000.

I guess the correct amount should be 28,000 / 8,000 for both US & EU?

2 hours ago, horn said:

I guess the correct amount should be 28,000 / 8,000 for both US & EU?

No that's worldwide total, isn't it? 14,000 / 4,000? 

Given that the best selling vinyl album for the first three months of 2019 in the UK only sold 9,000 copies, I think 14,000 is worldwide.

7 hours ago, jonski43 said:

No that's worldwide total, isn't it? 14,000 / 4,000? 

Given that the best selling vinyl album for the first three months of 2019 in the UK only sold 9,000 copies, I think 14,000 is worldwide.

Just checked RSD website, the remix album is indeed 14,000 worldwide but the cassette is 4000 w/o specifying "worldwide".

So I guess the cassette should be 8,000.

And I just found out both Madonna releases are worldwide quantity, meaning LIB 6,250/6,250 (US/EU) + TB 6,500/6,500

The RSD cassette is not purple in color, just transparent  :rolleyes:

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

I can't believe I actually bought Prince's remix LP & the cassette and I don't like his music at all.

5 hours ago, horn said:

I can't believe I actually bought Prince's remix LP & the cassette and I don't like music at all.

Well done on getting it!

Got the vinyl today! Wanted the tape but they were gone already. 😞

There were plenty of those tapes (8, I think) when I leave the record store.

It seems like no one wants it due to its format.

Frankly speaking I don't know what to do with the cassette since I don't have a cassette player anymore (and will not get one). Collecting dust I guess? :dazed:  

22 minutes ago, horn said:

There were plenty of those tapes (8, I think) when I leave the record store.

It seems like no one wants it due to its format.

Frankly speaking I don't know what to do with the cassette since I don't have a cassette player anymore (and will not get one). Collecting dust I guess? :dazed:  

I do have a cassette player but I've got all the files on my Mac anyway. I'll pop into the shop tomorrow and see if they have anything left but I strongly doubt it!

they didn´t ask for the cassette in my store, because they thought nobody was going to buy it! "It´s too friki"! that´s what they told me...