MadonnaNation.com Forums

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

I think it was meant to be in the gold experience, but the version that went to nnumber 1 everywhere wasn´t the one on that album, I think it was released in an independent label

Is there a different version of the song then?

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Is there a different version of the song then?

The one on the video and the ne on the album are quite similar, but different mixes,I guess he continued working onthe song. But the version that was famous only appears in The beautiful experience (I think) kind of a maxi for the song. But, again, the video version and the album version are 90% similar

Has anyone here heard of this fan-circulated 34 disc compilation of all his unreleased material called "Work It 2.0" ?

I'm glad they put more albums on streaming services.

I loved this song from 3121:

20 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Has anyone here heard of this fan-circulated 34 disc compilation of all his unreleased material called "Work It 2.0" ?

Have you listened?

Now this I want.

That family is giving The Jacksons a run 4 their money.

6 hours ago, acko said:

That family is giving The Jacksons a run 4 their money.

why what happened?

3 hours ago, spazz said:

why what happened?

I think he means the new online shop to get as much money as possible! Rinse that back catalogue!

They've also licensed "Let's Go Crazy" and "Take Me With U" for commercials...

I don´t see anything bad in having a new online store with his back catalogue.And if they remaster all of them, I will really welcome it. But, knowing that  he hated  the industry...I dob´t know about the new material

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

I don´t see anything bad in having a new online store with his back catalogue.And if they remaster all of them, I will really welcome it. But, knowing that  he hated  the industry...I dob´t know about the new material

Yes, I welcome actually being able to buy his products!

Have to admit, as a Prince fan, I'm glad the music is more readily available for purchase, the videos are all up on youtube, and that there is even merchandise now. I get that he had issues with the industry, but I found them to be a little extreme. For the longest time it seemed damn near impossible to find any of his stuff unless you were a fan deep 'in the know'. 

These legacy artists (alive or passed on) need to have their bodies of work accessible for future generations. I hate the idea of things being locked away.

I love how he stopped singing when the audience sang along with him

His random splits in Diamonds & Pearls are everything :inlove: :lol: 

I hope Youtube uploads his music videos in VeVo quality HD

2594B12E-71EE-4728-92C8-FBA53B708504.gif

I really like his "new" CD ... I hope they will give us a lot of good new stuff every year, to make our loss bearable.

1 hour ago, Gery said:

I really like his "new" CD ... I hope they will give us a lot of good new stuff every year, to make our loss bearable.

which NEW CD? 😇

4 hours ago, spazz said:

which NEW CD? 😇

"piano and a microphone 1983" ....not NEW ...but the first time you can buy it 😀

I know there's a shit ton of live bootlegs already out there, but I want some really good live albums - officially. Remastered tour films and live album sets. The best representation of his artistry is when his music is live with the band. Particularly some tours from the early 80s to the mid 90s. There is some INCREDIBLE live stuff he and the band pull off that needs to be heard 'officially'. Maybe the Nude Tour, or Sign 'O' The Times, or Lovesexy Tours. Remaster the live tape feeds and put out some of the shows too. Susan Rogers hinted at all the live stuff is also in the vaults...and the rehearsals are even more amazing.

12 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I know there's a shit ton of live bootlegs already out there, but I want some really good live albums - officially. Remastered tour films and live album sets. The best representation of his artistry is when his music is live with the band. Particularly some tours from the early 80s to the mid 90s. There is some INCREDIBLE live stuff he and the band pull off that needs to be heard 'officially'. Maybe the Nude Tour, or Sign 'O' The Times, or Lovesexy Tours. Remaster the live tape feeds and put out some of the shows too. Susan Rogers hinted at all the live stuff is also in the vaults...and the rehearsals are even more amazing.

I'd give my left nut  4 a HD Stadium Nude tour, that shit was one jam from start 2 finish...NPG LIVE is so underrated as opposed 2 the wonderful studio band that was The Revolution.

I love Rosie Gaines's voice and her contribution on Prince songs.

One of his classic songs: if she woun´t have a problem with the industry in that era, this song would have been huge

On 11/6/2018 at 2:15 PM, promise to try said:

One of his classic songs: if she woun´t have a problem with the industry in that era, this song would have been huge

I violently disagree (:lmao:) most people described the song as boring or tuneless at the time.
And that video. My LORD. Madonna wasn't kidding when she said:
His videos are silly & cheap and beneath his ability.
He even sounds bored, If anything it was a very 'out of touch' record.

Personally I'm a huge fan of the drumms on that track.

22 minutes ago, acko said:

I violently disagree (:lmao:) most people described the song as boring or tuneless at the time.
And that video. My LORD. Madonna wasn't kidding when she said:
His videos are silly & cheap and beneath his ability.
He even sounds bored, If anything it was a very 'out of touch' record.

Personally I'm a huge fan of the drumms on that track.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I played the song and understand why it never got played here. Very bland.

And I've always said that Prince's videos were often cheap like alphabet Street and I wish u heaven.

Apparently there's a load more of the later ones to be released over the next month.

11 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I played the song and understand why it never got played here. Very bland.

And I've always said that Prince's videos were often cheap like alphabet Street and I wish u heaven.

Apparently there's a load more of the later ones to be released over the next month.

Cheap video or not, Dolphin, and the rest of the Gold Experience for that matter, are far from bland.

This era was a true flourish of output for Prince, and Dolphin is one of the many underrated gems of that era. He was his own worst enemy at the time with regards to the industry, but ultimately he couldn't bring himself to play the game any more, and what is wrong with that?

17 minutes ago, Crozzauk said:

Cheap video or not, Dolphin, and the rest of the Gold Experience for that matter, are far from bland.

I agree, the album is overproduced & (too) glossy.

Dolphin :rotfl:I couldn't believe my ears when it 1st came out. It was like after Letitgo he released nothing but shit.

I adore The Gold Experience.

Pussy Control, I Hate U, Gold, Shhh...LOVE 'em. And Billy Jack Bitch is a straight up jam.

Dolphin is wonderful!!!!!!

and 99% of his videos are cheap, but some are great:kiss, batdance, don´t look cheapAlphabet street looks cheap, but it´s my favourite of his :I love the song, the colours, the look...everything