MadonnaNation.com Forums

Carry on here.

Guest bluejean

I wonder why Jam of The Year was not lead single from Emancipation? I think it could have been a hit

Guest bluejean

Also So Far So Pleased as lead from Rave.

Guest Rachelle of London

PTT I know he respected Alicia Keys but there was a bit where she was screeching in front of him during the BET tribute and he was laughing with Shelby J. It was brilliant and so shady

After a few days of pure delight to have rare stuff put on Youtube, the links are starting to be put down :/

I wonder why Jam of The Year was not lead single from Emancipation? I think it could have been a hit

I've often wondered that myself. Great song.

"Right Back Here In My Arms" is good too.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah they're pulling stuff down on YouTube and some stuff on eBay is being taken off. Enjoy while you can. Prince YouTube results have reduced by 2 million since Thursday.

WTF?!

Actually BBBW is a very nice song, but this album has a lot of single material, JOTY for example, you are right.

Anyways, as I said in the first thread, there is a lot of money involved, so warner, the rest of the companies, and prince´s estate will negotiate fast, I´m sure about it. I mean, companies want to earn money, and there were a lot of peoplke working for prince, that need to be paid. the usual GH+ batdace , TMBGITW, I hate U, musicology...will be out sooner than we think.

Anyway, aren´t they able to produce more uof the ultimate/TVery best etec that are already out? why?

and the same with The gold experience?

Yeah they're pulling stuff down on YouTube and some stuff on eBay is being taken off. Enjoy while you can. Prince YouTube results have reduced by 2 million since Thursday.

well, that´s what he would have done if he was alive...hardly a surprise! wait, but the ebay thing? can´t I sell official cds?

Susannah Melvoin had a rant on FB about unreleased stuff leaking left and right....i guess his camp is aware of it all. Prince may not have left a will but he was very clear about online stuff....it's a shame because that's how a new generation could discover his genius just like they did after Michael passed away....

DON'T TRY TO TELL ME WHAT YOUR ENEMIES TAUGHT YOU

I'M GONE

BUT I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW

THAT THIS IS

NOT

A

LOVE

SONG

THAT

I

WANT

TO

SING

Guest bluejean

any new official news?

Yes haven't you heard? He's dead

Guest bluejean

I'm listening to The Time songs from the Purple Rain movie.

Interesting that he pulled all the non Prince/Revolution songs from the soundtrack at the last minute even though they were heavily featured in the film. As much as love Sex Shooter I am glad he did that cos it wouldn't have been as good of an album with The Time songs on it. The Bird is a poor man's Baby I'm a Star for eg.

Susannah Melvoin had a rant on FB about unreleased stuff leaking left and right....i guess his camp is aware of it all. Prince may not have left a will but he was very clear about online stuff....it's a shame because that's how a new generation could discover his genius just like they did after Michael passed away....

because they don´t want to pay...but on the other hand, YT is publicity: if I was in his camp, I would have on youtube half of the song, one minute...just to make people know the song

He's dead. No harm giving the public legal means of having access to his music. The whole point of being a legend is having a legacy which will out live you.

Guest bluejean

Not surprised they don't want randoms to stream all his music on YouTube for free. That's always the case with most artists. They take Madonna videos down too.

Not surprised they don't want randoms to stream all his music on YouTube for free. That's always the case with most artists. They take Madonna videos down too.

I wish the estate would reconsider and allow his music on Spotify.

What was his relationship with MJ like? Killerqueens just recently posted a "Shady MJ Moments" on youtube, and it mentions a story about Babyface and LA Reid being invited over to Neverland to watch a James Brown concert from 1983 that featured Prince. Apparently MJ's intentions was just to laugh and make fun of Prince.

I believe they have a mutual admiration for each other. Prince never took MJ too seriously as an artist.

He's dead. No harm giving the public legal means of having access to his music. The whole point of being a legend is having a legacy which will out live you.

he already has a legacy, if somebody wants it, buy it. That´s what he thought.Anyways,m I tyhink he should allow,sorry, the estate should allow a part of the song on youtube or spotify, as they do on itunes, 1 minute 30 seconds, and if somebody wants more, buy it

. Prince never took MJ too seriously as an artist.

I don´t think this is true. He didn´t like the bad (song) project, and certainly he and michael had different ways of aproaching the music, but I remember him saying that he really liked michael, at least in 1991, then of course, he used to perform don´t stop till you get enough live too!

he already has a legacy, if somebody wants it, buy it. That´s what he thought.Anyways,m I tyhink he should allow,sorry, the estate should allow a part of the song on youtube or spotify, as they do on itunes, 1 minute 30 seconds, and if somebody wants more, buy it

Your legacy is no legacy if no one cares nor has access to what made you legendary.

PTT I know he respected Alicia Keys but there was a bit where she was screeching in front of him during the BET tribute and he was laughing with Shelby J. It was brilliant and so shady

I´ve seen the images, it´s weird because back in the day I heard that he was nicely surprised about alicia performing live while pregnant...

I don´t think this is true. He didn´t like the bad (song) project, and certainly he and michael had different ways of aproaching the music, but I remember him saying that he really liked michael, at least in 1991, then of course, he used to perform don´t stop till you get enough live too!

He can like MJ songs but he knows other composes were involved.

Wasn't his body already cremated?

Yes.

Yes. The sample must have been taken during the autopsy.