MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Justin Timberlake thread

ok, let´s mention the elephant in the room...RONAN KEATING!!!!! one they he will have the songs he deserves and a good production team and he will be big great again!!

3 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

She only did a half arsed song with Chained To The Rythm. And then back to sex and diss tracks. I like Katy Perry but let’s not fool ourselves here. She pretty much did a safe album.  She was very middle of the road with her latest offering. 

Edit: NVM. I misunderstood your original post.

How is the album doing on Spotify? R ppl streaming it?

On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 6:45 PM, loowee said:

Who the hell is Gary Barlow? :rotfl: 

Talented singer/songwriter

3 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Indeed 

15 hours ago, spotlight said:

How is the album doing on Spotify? R ppl streaming it?

Just looked at kworb and there's no data for spotify but there is for Apple music. Has he done a deal so it's exclusive?

Anyway, he's slipping down the charts, 6 and 7 for US and UK respectively. The singles aren't doing great either.

10 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

:chuckle:

18 hours ago, karbatal said:

Indeed 

Gary is very underrated but I respect the success he has for over 2 decades now.

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

:chuckle:

"Million Love Songs" & "Back For Good" says HI

6 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

"Million Love Songs" & "Back For Good" says HI

Sorry I thought you were making a joke 😰

On 2/9/2018 at 7:12 PM, Pedro said:

I hate him since that Ellen interview when he kind of "diminished" Madonna (Well I might be over reacting but anyhow). 

I must have missed this, @Pedro...? What did JT say about M on Ellen? Curious about this...

26 minutes ago, peter said:

I must have missed this, @Pedro...? What did JT say about M on Ellen? Curious about this...

It’s really the subtext and his tone in the interview, because he really didn’t say anything bad... 

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

It’s really the subtext and his tone in the interview, because he really didn’t say anything bad... 

He does come off a little snarky in this interview but I think it’s just him trying to be funny.  

23 minutes ago, spotlight said:

He does come off a little snarky in this interview but I think it’s just him trying to be funny.  

I guess but that “Madge or whatever you call yourself” is like  :s703:

I consider him very much overrated and do not get the hype around him. I love it when Kathy Griffin makes fun him for being a white gangster. She is spot on. 

21 hours ago, spotlight said:

21 hours ago, Pedro said:

I guess but that “Madge or whatever you call yourself” is like  :s703:

Thanks, @Pedro, for finding this interview ... I do remember seeing it. And he does come across a little ... yeah, I guess snarky is the right word, like @spotlight said. His tone is a little off-putting. Trying to be “too cool” for it all — and funny — and sadly it seemed to score laughs with the audience, but ... whatevs. Madonna probably wanted some resistance in the studio from her collaborators. The friction and tension yields creative results. I remember she and Pharrell shared that he made her cry in the studio during the HC recording process, so she probably wasn’t as defensive as we are. She let herself be vulnerable with them and that took a lot of courage.

Back to JT — yeah, his “generational” comment was also unnecessary. And I also found his remark about how she’s “actually” a good writer of poetry — saying it like, “you wouldn’t believe this but ...” :dry: And also, it was slightly disingenuous to say “how can we turn DWRY into a song?” when it already was a song... But perhaps he didn’t know that, if we cut him some slack. Maybe he only saw the poem in the book and never knew she had a pre-existing composition for it. For all we know, it might have been totally different. (I always think of it, though, like the demo “No Substitute for Love” demo turning into “Drowned World/Substitute for Love” ... really similar, but different rhythm to the delivery and more fully arranged/developed. But the HC version easily might not be the JT/Timba remix of the early DWRY demo. Might be completely rebuilt, both musically and lyrically.)

On 2/13/2018 at 11:03 AM, Pedro said:

Eh I don't like his personality in general but he didn't really say anything snarky. It's just his unfunny humor. 

4 hours ago, loowee said:

Eh I don't like his personality in general but he didn't really say anything snarky. It's just his unfunny humor. 

I agree , after all in another interview i remember him saying i'm a fan who tricked Madonna regarding their collaboration

So I guess the album/era is dead already.

41 minutes ago, spotlight said:

Filthy peaked at 15 and say something just peaked at 24 in the UK. It's not looking good.

3 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Filthy peaked at 15 and say something just peaked at 24 in the UK. It's not looking good.

Apparently the tour is selling well.

the album is really bad though.

15 minutes ago, spotlight said:

Apparently the tour is selling well.

the album is really bad though.

I believe the tour is selling well, so he can still sell tickets - and expensive tickets based on his name and past.  The album, on the other hand....

4 minutes ago, UnapologeticRebel said:

I believe the tour is selling well, so he can still sell tickets - and expensive tickets based on his name and past.  The album, on the other hand....

The Super Bowl helpled him sell tickets

2 hours ago, spotlight said:

He had it coming

5AFA2EE3-D2A0-41E0-A749-F0CAAC2DA27E.gif

BB16E725-1EC3-44C9-8418-08E08362386C.gif

5B0F7434-5B84-4DD8-B345-55EF1B089220.gif

5 minutes ago, ctg12 said:

He had it coming

5AFA2EE3-D2A0-41E0-A749-F0CAAC2DA27E.gif

BB16E725-1EC3-44C9-8418-08E08362386C.gifO

5B0F7434-5B84-4DD8-B345-55EF1B089220.gif

:lmao::lmao:

On 2/13/2018 at 4:17 PM, Cyber-Raga said:

I consider him very much overrated and do not get the hype around him. I love it when Kathy Griffin makes fun him for being a white gangster. She is spot on. 

She was on Howard Stern a few years back now and was talking about how having T.I. on her show. I never saw the episode, but T.I. called Justin and he (Justin) wouldn't let the call air. 

Kathy said Justin talked so  'black' on the phone, you'd think he was from the Congo. :lmao:

I loved his performance