MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Justin Timberlake thread

YOUR TOP 20: WHOSE WOODS THESE ARE (UPDATE)

Though we initially expected it to bow as high as 700k+ (probably because we forgot to plug in our abacus), Justin Timberlake's Man of the Woods (RCA) now appears on track for a first-week total in the neighborhood of 275-290k total. Streaming accounts for less than 20% of that total. JT's Super Bowl halftime performance does not appear to have boosted the underperforming set. Stay tuned for updates.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=310409

Wow. Even I’m shocked at the pile on and backlash against him over the SB and new album. The press is being RUTHLESS. 

36 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

The press is being RUTHLESS. 

evil-smile.gif

5 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Wow. Even I’m shocked at the pile on and backlash against him over the SB and new album. The press is being RUTHLESS. 

Agreed, wasn’t expecting such a huge amount of backlash. He’s still selling tickets, though.

Honestly the lead single is the best thing he has done in years. 

How awful shit like Suit and Tie, Mirrors, and the Troll song were so huge is beyond me.  Total garbage. 

4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

evil-smile.gif

:chuckle:

Justin Timberlakes album sucks i if I’m being honest.

I wonder if he's selling tickets don't they always end up on secondary websites at first for the big names

9 hours ago, sotos8 said:
YOUR TOP 20: WHOSE WOODS THESE ARE (UPDATE)

Though we initially expected it to bow as high as 700k+ (probably because we forgot to plug in our abacus), Justin Timberlake's Man of the Woods (RCA) now appears on track for a first-week total in the neighborhood of 275-290k total. Streaming accounts for less than 20% of that total. JT's Super Bowl halftime performance does not appear to have boosted the underperforming set. Stay tuned for updates.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=310409

Flop. Flush/plunge down the charts in weeks. Bye Mouseketeer rodent JT 

3 hours ago, functions_X said:

sure, but that doesn't mean he has a career... most singers appear in movies and have no career to speak of

of course, he´s not tom hanks, but GP knows he acts in movies and critics haven´t been very hard against him, as far as I know...anyways, changing the topic, the how was lame, but, what where they expecting????? I think gaga´s was worse, katy´s looked quite stupid for moments (and look where her career is now...), to name only a few.I´,malways simpathetic with people suffereing a backlash, a real one, not the ones some invent to make themselves look like victims

Have to say, JT's attempt was AWFUL!!!  He looked and sounded terrible.  I couldn't even watch the whole thing (just skimmed through).  

And I also had to watch M's (with dad/son)....that one always makes me smile and cry.  Their excitement is overwhelming!!! 

He's always been overrated, as most boy band products. Only when they are writers and really talented (Gary Barlow, Robbie Williams) can you expect something from them. Justin lasted too long imo. He was talented but as a fresh pop product, not as a "mature act". 

Not to defend him but lately these backlashes artists have to deal with all of a sudden and for no reason are fishy....

Are we sure there isn't an agenda? This backlash strategy is weird and it IS working. 

Look at Katy, look at Toilet....now Justin. 

What did these people do to justify such harsh reactions from medias? . 

I'm not defending anyone, I just find this weird, that's all.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Not to defend him but lately these backlashes artists have to deal with all of a sudden and for no reason are fishy....

Are we sure there isn't an agenda? This backlash strategy is weird and it IS working. 

We are in an era of extreme polarization. The art of shades and objectivity have disappeared in favor of a race to know who will have the most traffic on his page. So either an artist is praised excessively or he is totally demolished. Constructive and nuanced criticism no longer attracts the average reader.

Was Justin's show boring? Certainly yes. Is his album a failed project? Certainly yes. In both cases, it does not mean that they are very bad offerings, only missteps and missed opportunities.

6 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Flop. Flush/plunge down the charts in weeks. Bye Mouseketeer rodent JT 

This sudden writing off is alarming and unfair even if his SB was uneventful. Imagine M given the same treatment when her next album drops.

I'm not a big fan of Justin but saying Gary Barlow is more talented than Justin is very exagerated.

Gary Barlow? Talk about local act. :wacko:

4 minutes ago, runa said:

I'm not a big fan of Justin but saying Gary Barlow is more talented than Justin is very exagerated.

He's even more local than Kylie. :chuckle:

I just got an alert from AmEx for early access tickets for this FLOP's tour. As IF I'd be interested :lmao:

4 hours ago, Kilt said:

This sudden writing off is alarming and unfair even if his SB was uneventful. Imagine M given the same treatment when her next album drops.

She's given horrible treatment even when/if she smashes!! lol 

5 hours ago, Orion said:

The media wants these people to be outspoken against the government and the state of America at large. If you’re a nobody they don’t care what you’re saying but if you’re an already established artist with millions of album sold they expect you to put out sentiments and opinions through your music. It’s basically a Dixy Chicks or America Life reverse. Of course a lot of artists fear of a black lash from the right winged media and deep state mentality people. Madonna will come out supreme this time. If she is political she ll have huge media coverage imo.

I moved the motw hype sticker to the lower right corner of the jewel case.

After almost a full week of listening to the album, I'm really shocked by the hatred towards MOTW and Justin himself. The album is imo the most Pop record he's put out.  The melodies are strong. There are some fine bridges as well. Love the retro sound in some of the tracks. It's a strong album. He's a fantastic performer.

People need to relax. If someone's music or performance doesn't do it for you,fine. Why the the need to destroy them? So much negativity in the world and on this forum. The Woods actually seem life a safer place. 

I find it laughable that there's people in here with bleeding hearts showing sympathy for a shitty performance and a lackluster album. He's been a critical press darling for FAR FAR too long. Besides, he's a big boy and can handle some long overdue criticism. 

On 8/2/2018 at 1:05 PM, runa said:

Talent has nothing to do with being local.

Gary Barlow has more talent in his little finger than two hundreds Justin. 

What has Justin done? As soon as his looks are gone and the little girls grew he is facing the void. 

On 8/2/2018 at 1:09 PM, Martin B. said:

He's even more local than Kylie. :chuckle:

Same with Kylie.

Gary Barlow will be alive and kicking for years and years. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

What has Justin done? As soon as his looks are gone and the little girls grew he is facing the void. 

This.

Gary can write better songs than Justina. Gary's voice >>>>> Justina's squeaking.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Maybe, but Justin has a huge career as a solo artist and great songs .That's why he's way more succesfull than Barlow

On 2/8/2018 at 5:14 AM, Orion said:

The agenda started when these hacks were given a career in the first place. The backlash, hopefully, is a correction.

1 hour ago, sotos8 said:

Maybe, but Justin has a huge career as a solo artist and great songs .That's why he's way more succesfull than Barlow

Gary has more hits with Take That and solo in Europe than Justin and Nsync combined.