MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Justin Timberlake thread

His Man of the Log Cabin album is his Damita Justin.

Was in NYC Barnes & Noble today and the cardboard display of his album was full like no one took a single copy.

The man of the woods song and video....

source (1).gif

2 hours ago, Supernatural said:

Was in NYC Barnes & Noble today and the cardboard display of his album was full like no one took a single copy.

No one..well very, very few seem to care! lol Daymn did he plummet quickly. Prob thought (MJ style) his shit didn't stink and could take his sweet usual time (every 5-10 years or whatever between albums). Wrong! lol The music, image, persona ain't flying anymore. 

6 hours ago, LSD said:

His Man of the Log Cabin album is his Damita Justin.

:dead:

Kind of eerie yet sweet creepy karma that HE'S the one now (after a  crap SB performance) who is getting floppage/meh treatment now and mainly bad feedback online/social media. While it was Janet who got the same kind of end result 14 years ago pre social media while JT went unscathed. Still cannot friggin believe that was FOURTEEN years ago! So feels like 4 years ago. Whatever. Karma is patient ;). 

6 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

lowest rated super bowl since 2009 not sure what the ratings were for the halftime show

Wow very surprised! I def dont like football lol but this was a DAMN good game! Last years was great but more due to the comeback while this one was like a Hollywood movie. Neck and neck whole time, suspenseful and down to the LAST second. Perfect game and even more perfect that Brady and his Trump sucking tools got smacked down hard when they should've had it. lol.  

I'm surprised Pink hasn't gotten more praise or buzz. She showed up strong! Looked um..pretty slobby soccer mom lol (obviously her new look now) but whatever. She nailed the anthem! 

26 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

No one..well very, very few seem to care! lol Daymn did he plummet quickly. Prob thought (MJ style) his shit didn't stink and could take his sweet usual time (every 5-10 years or whatever between albums). Wrong! lol The music, image, persona ain't flying anymore. 

Well Karma works for anyone not just for Gaga or the other pop princesses. It works for pop princes too lol

I pin pointed what's happening to Justin the older he gets.   And I don't mean this in an offensive way to the trans community but he gives me the vibe the older he gets of a female to male transgender.  

Like I get a skinny version of Buck Angel vibe from JT at this point. 

Trying to think of a PC way to say what I am trying to say....I don't think it's working. :(

He looks so old almost overnight.  His eyes bugged out, he got so many facial wrinkles.  I almost feel sorry for him. He looks way older than his age.  Not even talking celebrites, even other men his age.  I guess that's they call hitting the wall?

10 hours ago, Sloane said:

Omg I just saw someone mention Missy Elliot for a Halftime Show.

WHY HAS THIS NEVER HAPPENED???

I love her.

I guess you never watched Katy Perry's Super Bowl performance.

21 hours ago, danorbit said:

He can do so much better than that! It was disappointing.

Do you remember guys that Super Bowl clip of Madonna that's been shot by a dad and he's with his son and they're both so into the performance? 

Feels like people are over today's pop music. I think people are ready for an organic musical shift 😎

19 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

Feels like people are over today's pop music. I think people are ready for an organic musical shift 😎

Agree that pop is feeling very stale right now. There were a lot of exciting things happening this decade, with lots of genres and sounds being blended into pop music, from blues and soul (Adele's "21") to folk (Mumford and Sons) to dubstep and EDM (Srillex, Diplo). It wasn't like there was one trend waxed while another waned -- it was like there were six trendy things happening at the same time all the time for years. Top 40 radio was really exciting to listen to for the first time since the 90s. But everything now just sounds like watered down versions of what we were getting five years ago. (If Ed fucking Sheeran comes on in the car again, I'm going to drive into oncoming traffic.)

This is the first time in a long time that there is nothing on the radio that's exciting and new. There's a big opening right now for someone to come out with something totally different and light the world on fire.

This is late :ohwell:

But his halftime was horrible

At least he didn't have guests that outshined him (Coldplay's HTS:queenbitch:)

or else he'd be the worst part of his own show :dramatic: (Coldplay)

4 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

Said this for awhile now.  The state of music is the most dull and boring it has ever been in my lifetime.

The musical offer is so dull. To say that 20 years ago we had one of the best musical years in history. :imsad:

It was so disgusting i watched Madonna’s bowl (the dad video) to erase the JT experience from memory

On February 5, 2018 at 10:04 AM, KalamazooJay said:

No. His performance was NOT good. And anyone who looks at pop music objectively can plainly see the entire thing was so spectacularly half assed and laughably amature for a 'star' of his caliber. 

The arraignments were neutered and flat. The VOCALS and sound were a total mess. The costumes were dated and boring. Most of all, HE looked and sounded like he didn't even want to be there. The whole thing was one of the most underwhelming performances I've ever seen a major pop star give. I've never been a huge fan of Justin, but I've seen him give FAR better performances than what he did last night. And yes, Gaga DID have a better half time show than him. By a long shot. I was one of the few people who thought she did a good job from the get go. And I may be stoned for saying this, but HER discography held up better than his did. 

There's always been an annoying whiff of arrogance about him that he's always hid behind with his southern boy 'aw shucks' persona. And it seems that he thought he could just coast through this without giving a shit and have accolades thrown at him because he did a tribute to Prince and because, well, he's Justin Timberlake. He deserves every bit of criticism he's getting this morning. 

Completely agree! 

On 2/5/2018 at 6:41 PM, Sloane said:

Omg I just saw someone mention Missy Elliot for a Halftime Show.

If this happens, maybe she’ll reinvite M

his show was no SB material, more a show for jimmy fallon...and the songs aren´t that good, but it will be a "success", ala gaga.enough to keep with his career.and at least he has an acting career

On 2/5/2018 at 8:38 AM, danorbit said:

He can do so much better than that! It was disappointing.

I noticed that the crowd seemed dead during the broadcast but I had no idea it was this bad WOW

The strategy of announcing new shows in secondary markets after SB will be a failure after such a flat performance.

5 hours ago, promise to try said:

his show was no SB material, more a show for jimmy fallon...and the songs aren´t that good, but it will be a "success", ala gaga.enough to keep with his career.and at least he has an acting career

It won't be a success, the reviews are pretty harsh

what acting career?

On 2018/2/7 at 4:21 PM, sotos8 said:

what acting career?

didn´t he appear in some movies?

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

didn´t he appear in some movies?

sure, but that doesn't mean he has a career... most singers appear in movies and have no career to speak of

He was the guy from napster in the social network as well as co star in friends with benefits.

There's an article on the BBC site about the backlash against him today.

Is his album officially out? How much has it sold?? 

50 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

He was the guy from napster in the social network as well as co star in friends with benefits.

There's an article on the BBC site about the backlash against him today.

That's a very intersting article,

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42959415