MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Justin Timberlake thread

32 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

No. His performance was NOT good. And anyone who looks at pop music objectively can plainly see the entire thing was so spectacularly half assed and laughably amature for a 'star' of his caliber. 

The arraignments were neutered and flat. The VOCALS and sound were a total mess. The costumes were dated and boring. Most of all, HE looked and sounded like he didn't even want to be there. The whole thing was one of the most underwhelming performances I've ever seen a major pop star give. I've never been a huge fan of Justin, but I've seen him give FAR better performances than what he did last night. And yes, Gaga DID have a better half time show than him. By a long shot. I was one of the few people who thought she did a good job from the get go. And I may be stoned for saying this, but HER discography held up better than his did. 

There's always been an annoying whiff of arrogance about him that he's always hid behind with his southern boy 'aw shucks' persona. And it seems that he thought he could just coast through this without giving a shit and have accolades thrown at him because he did a tribute to Prince and because, well, he's Justin Timberlake. He deserves every bit of criticism he's getting this morning. 

:clap:  I agree with every single word.  Justin doesn't even have good enough material to make for an enjoyable Half Time Show.  That's just the tip of the iceberg.  I can't stand him, sorry.  I always try to be open-minded, even with artists I'm not crazy about.  My reaction to his performance is not about looking for the next thing to bash, at all.  He is just supremely boring.

Thought the performance was pretty ok, just don’t think it was castrophic like some in media are saying.The only super bowl performance I really ever liked was Madonna.

Can’t tell why some SB performances receive so much love. Last year caca was cringey as f**k, and thought Beyonce was overrated too. 

he lip synced the whole performance ,audio was bad and why did he sung all of his  songs? That gave me a headache .I expected more from him.

All in all a bad performance

He can do so much better than that! It was disappointing.

Prince must be rolling in his grave. That "tribute" was totally shameless.

Just now, LVX said:

Prince must be rolling in his grave. That "tribute" was totally shameless.

it´s been sad, really sad. But really, Justin can do better, but half of the performance was a copy of his past ones, especially that beginning from the outside/inside ala oscars , and the same dance routing for Can´t stop the feeling...it was like a rehersal, cero emotion in his singing

Too many songs crammed in 13 minutes ruined it for me. This just isn't entertaining. I thought that the half time show was supposed to be a kind of a mini concert. Not the fast forward trailer of a concert.

1 hour ago, danorbit said:

He can do so much better than that! It was disappointing.

Ouch! 

I'm going to have to watch.

Nothing special about it. At all. Considering how far the bar has been raised since Madonna, even in just the production side...this just wasn't anything all that special.
Very "awards show medley" in its whole presentation. Nothing spectacular. Nothing stood out. It was really just...boring.
As someone said before, it's more evident than ever that he's really just a big 'celebrity'. The star power and stage presence are just not there.
Not to mention how derivative he really is.
And when it comes to the music, he just doesn't have real 'classics' to back up all his success/celebrity.
But watch the public eat it up...

And the Prince tribute...No. No. No. (And using Janet and Prince's name to hype up his show the past few weeks...fuck him.)

Oh, and for the essays on the 'blind hatred' and all that posturing... get off your moral high horse.
His halftime, and all the hype and promotion leading up to it, just showed him for being the mediocre white boy he really is.

I didn’t care for this at all. 

He did a Beyoncé and just made some noises over a backing track . 

No oomph

All the stage presence of an earthworm 

dreadful 

It has to be embarrassing... And maybe this is his end????  I mean,  one hundred million people watched the show.  

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It has to be embarrassing... And maybe this is his end????  I mean,  one hundred million people watched the show.  

I really hope so.  He needs a reality check that it takes more than just acting like (or thinking) you're the coolest person on Earth to actually be the coolest.  

Good that the reviews are calling him out... but it won't be his end. Guys like him are always forgiven...

That would be so ironic is he ended his OWN career with this Superbowl!  Hey, it happended with the Black Eyed Peas.

Even so, he's gone a long way with very little talent.  His likes to associate himself with the Jacksons and Prince, but he's no songwriter or musician.  He's not much of a vocalist.  He's lost his looks, and he takes so long between albums that's only going to get worse.

Oh, and I'm positive that part with Filthy in the beginning was prerecorded, just like Gaga was allowed to cheat last year.

16 hours ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Oh please. What bullshit.

The likes of Justin Timberlake for example would never get half the praise he does if he was black. 

Yeah "Poor white artists" like Justin, Adele, Sam Smith,etc. They are treated so terribly. Right. The public and mainstream media love r&b and soul as long as it's being sung by white people. 

Black artists have been constantly ripped off and copied since the beginning and don't get the credit they deserve.

White artists accomplishments are being diminished? are you kidding me?

Such horse manure.

16 hours ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Why did you highlight "white" women as if they are some disenfranchised group? Why not just "older" female artists, period?

Because I can think of several older female artists, not just "white" ones, that have not been given enough credit for paving the way.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

18 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

The whole thing was so bland. Predictable. Ordinary. 

He sounded and looked so small in that massive setting. Shows the extent of his Star appeal. 

5 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

No. His performance was NOT good. And anyone who looks at pop music objectively can plainly see the entire thing was so spectacularly half assed and laughably amature for a 'star' of his caliber. 

The arraignments were neutered and flat. The VOCALS and sound were a total mess. The costumes were dated and boring. Most of all, HE looked and sounded like he didn't even want to be there. The whole thing was one of the most underwhelming performances I've ever seen a major pop star give. I've never been a huge fan of Justin, but I've seen him give FAR better performances than what he did last night.

There's always been an annoying whiff of arrogance about him that he's always hid behind with his southern boy 'aw shucks' persona. And it seems that he thought he could just coast through this without giving a shit and have accolades thrown at him because he did a tribute to Prince and because, well, he's Justin Timberlake. He deserves every bit of criticism he's getting this morning. 

THIS.

^ I LOVE that image for leaving out Gaga and putting in Diana. Finally someone gets it right.

22 minutes ago, material_boy said:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That’s just perfect.  

1 hour ago, material_boy said:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS #justice4janet

From Batman to Justin

latest?cb=20160226070136

From social media, seems like some are still pissed about the Janet fiasco.

Well, now we can finally drop the theory about white males getting a pass for everything they do :lol:

I'm happy to scapegoat Justin Timberlake for that! 

Now finally can he and his shitty ass new album fuck off! 

Is he dead yet?

lowest rated super bowl since 2009 not sure what the ratings were for the halftime show

Omg I just saw someone mention Missy Elliot for a Halftime Show.

WHY HAS THIS NEVER HAPPENED???

I love her.

3 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

The US  media has become an anti government tool. And for good reasons by the way. Speak up against the current president and they will give you a medal. I’m sure Fox & Friends wrote a favourable review though. And yes I called JT a pussyhole because the man has got no guts and integrity. He latched to hip hop culture to start his solo career and to this day he still writes with black artists. He only needed to sing Where’s The Love? A very beautiful, meaningful song with a message both America and the world need urgently. I don’t care if he flops. I’m not one to call out artists if they flop. I’m above those things but yes it does piss me off when these so called artists take stage and act as if the worlds such a perfect place. So disappointed.