MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Justin Timberlake thread

2 minutes ago, Sloane said:

He shoulda brought out madonna and sang 4 minutes.

That would have at least been interesting.

‚ėĚūüŹĹ¬†Speaking of Beyonc√©, he should‚Äôve projected her¬†hologram during¬†End Of Time¬†

That was almost as bad as gags. Gags was worse.

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

the way they cant even name madonna, but have to give it to MIA.. what a fucking joke. 

That's insulting.

6 minutes ago, Nikki said:

the way they cant even name madonna, but have to give it to MIA.. what a fucking joke. 

There is a calculated and obvious push to erase Madonna's name and performance from Super Bowl in many media articles. They can't handle how admired and loved it was and how she inspired all of the other girl's performances since,. It stinks to high heaven how she has been snubbed, overlooked or alternatively ridiculed for Super Bowl in the last few years. 

5 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

That's insulting.

welcome to SJW world/social media. never give credit to successful "older" brave white women who paved the way. instead they give it to the copycats who do reductive and juvenlile versions of what madonna did 20 years ago

Just now, Nikki said:

welcome to SJW world/social media. never give credit to successful "older" brave white women who paved the way. instead they give it to the copycats who do reductive and juvenlile versions of what madonna did 20 years ago

I think it is much deeper than that.  Not so much SJWs but a deliberate push from the media and the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

:thumbsup:

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

I think it is much deeper than that.  Not so much SJWs but a deliberate push from the media and the NFL. 

it started with "reductive".. weirdly enough.

15 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

There is a calculated and obvious push to erase Madonna's name and performance from Super Bowl in many media articles. They can't handle how admired and loved it was and how she inspired all of the other girl's performances since,. It stinks to high heaven how she has been snubbed, overlooked or alternatively ridiculed for Super Bowl in the last few years. 

This writer is clearly under 30. I don't think it's a conspiracy so much as just little monsters and Beyonce fans trying to ignore Madonna and her performance. Then again, he did post this on Twitter three years ago:

:lmao:

There might be some truth in SJWs diminishing accomplishments from white artists. Never really thought of that before. 

13 minutes ago, LSD said:

:lmao:

Justin should have worn that outfit at the Super Bowl.

who is SJW ?

^'Social justice warriors' i believe...

I agree with Jazzy though, it's not just people on twitter or whatever, the NFL and part of the 'paid media' are clearly behind this too...remember Coldplay's halftime, them paying tribute to every single halftime show except Madonna's? And all those lists from the press who used to pick Madonna as one of the best halftime shows ever, then suddenly she's among the worst or not even listed..?

I doubt it's got anything to do with MIA's finger...but who knows

22 hours ago, spotlight said:

It’s definitely not a shower:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

:lol:

10 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

There might be some truth in SJWs diminishing accomplishments from white artists. Never really thought of that before. 

Oh please. What bullshit.

The likes of Justin Timberlake for example would never get half the praise he does if he was black. 

Yeah "Poor white artists" like Justin, Adele, Sam Smith,etc. They are treated so terribly. Right. The public and mainstream media love r&b and soul as long as it's being sung by white people. 

Black artists have been constantly ripped off and copied since the beginning and don't get the credit they deserve.

White artists accomplishments are being diminished? are you kidding me?

Such horse manure.

49 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Why did you highlight "white" women as if they are some disenfranchised group? Why not just "older" female artists, period?

Because I can think of several older female artists, not just "white" ones, that have not been given enough credit for paving the way.

11 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

The likes of Justin Timberlake for example would never get half the praise he does if he was black. 

Yeah "Poor white artists" like Justin, Adele, Sam Smith,etc. They are treated so terribly. Right. The public and mainstream media love r&b and soul as long as it's being sung by white people. 

Black artists have been constantly ripped off and copied since the beginning and don't get the credit they deserve.

Such horse manure.

Exactly. 

And I heard Justin really sucked. 

16 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

What was the  Coldplay thing?

During one of the songs they played video clips of every single past halftime show, except Madonna's and i think Janet's...

27 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Why did you highlight "white" women as if they are some disenfranchised group? Why not just "older" female artists, period?

Because I can think of several older female artists, not just "white" ones, that have not been given enough credit for paving the way.

Agree. Diana Ross, Donna Summer and Tina Turner for example are shockingly under rated and under appreciated. They are women who should be celebrated much more.  Black entertainers have been discriminated against for years. 

I don't think Madonna being white has anything at all to do with the bad press she gets. It is simply the weird hatred the media has always had for her and her age is now continually being used.  It has been happening since 1984 and has more to do with her being independent, sexual and her politics combined with an obvious biased hatred from several media writers and moguls.  

48 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

:lol:

• :chuckle:

14 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Agree. Diana Ross, Donna Summer and Tina Turner for example are shockingly under rated and under appreciated. They are women who should be celebrated much more.  Black entertainers have been discriminated against for years. 

I don't think Madonna being white has anything at all to do with the bad press she gets. It is simply the weird hatred the media has always had for her and her age is now continually being used.  It has been happening since 1984 and has more to do with her being independent, sexual and her politics combined with an obvious biased hatred from several media writers and moguls.  

This! You nailed it and I was gonna type something just like that. JT was garbage 2nte  and the whole world knows it! lol Mainstream media won't even semi go there though. Online..different story. If it was M or any other similar edgy, provocative, cool etc..or non Wonder Bread with mayo singer (JT, Taylor, Gaga, Adele etc..) even if they were caught lipsyncing or had a blatant disastrous performance, would still get a pass. Diana's Super Bowl performance in the 90s was ace!! And yes underrated. Pooped all over JT and Gaga (last year). 

57 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Such horse manure.

You betta preach ¬†ūüĒä

45 minutes ago, Diversity83 said:

I heard Justin really sucked. 

The performance was NOTHING spectacular. 

I hope Justin gets dragged in the media but we know it won’t happen.