Crux

Justin Timberlake thread

Is it me or he really sounds like Ed Sheeran? :nervous:

Justin Timberlake can't come on the phone right now! He's dead

4 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Justin Timberlake can't come on the phone right now! He's dead

:dead:

980x.gif

Epic failure. The album is worse than the singles let predict. Only one good song: Midnight Summer Jam

It hasn't been receiving glowing reviews, so far. It got a 3 1/2 from Rolling Stone, but it won't add much to its final Metacritic score:

http://www.metacritic.com/music/man-of-the-woods/justin-timberlake/critic-reviews

EDIT: Pitchfork Review, OUCH! https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/justin-timberlake-man-of-the-woods/

Edited by surannée

1 hour ago, Martin B. said:

Epic failure. The album is worse than the singles let predict. Only one good song: Midnight Summer Jam

i like MSJ a lot

I've finally listened to most of it.  There are some really strong tracks. I noticed some key changes in some which make the album change with each listen. Higher and Higher, Montana and Midnight Summer jam(perfect summer 2018 single material) stand out the most. Supplies is really good @ the 2:30 mark.  The title track probably should have been the first single. Video is the best of the 4 he's put out so far. Sauce is just a cool song. def future single.  I'll be giving the album many spins this weekend. Its a grower.

Edited by MaddyFanatic

so is it just gonna be him and pharrel. blah.

his outfit looks like what he always wears. like take ur shirt off at least old man. gawd. lol

1 hour ago, spotlight said:

so basically it will be boring and pretentious AS FUCK

I’m so disappointed in JT! His album sucks. There is not one decent song on it. 

If he wants this shit stain of an album to chart he’s going to have to giveaway away a lot more than just five signed copies.

I hope he bombs on Super Bowl Sunday.

I actually really like Say Something and it will most likely become a pretty big hit thanks to the SB push. His new album is defo underwhelming, but the critics are doing the absolute most to tear him down. The album trailer was so DRAMATIC but the album ended up sounding just like his previous albums. :rotfl: 

The album is cheesy af. I can't even get through half the songs without cringing in embarrassment. Even the song titles make me cringe. Seriously when has JT ever come across as mr rugged man of the land?! The fucking twange he sings with. WTF?! Horrible album. His country boy, man of the land persona is even harder to believe than his white boy ghetto urban shtick. So so so bad.

*Full disclosure I actually think his first two albums are great and have seen him in concert.

I like “Wave” and “Say Something”, but this album isn’t doing much for me. Would still like to see him in concert.

I tried to get into it but for some reason the mixing and mastering sounds incomplete; I couldn't get into it. 

I do love a lot of the songs from future sex love sounds

The only song i like is Filthy , the rest, is more of the same.

Hopefully, he’ll do the right thing & perform some of his old jams for  tomorrow night’s performance:

So is this Prince hologram rumor true? I hope NOT. Prince didn't care for him at all.

CRUSTin better fucking not.

I can't bring myself to endure the entire album. That lead single was bad enough to put me right off...utter pretentious drivel! George Michael he is NOT!

giphy.gif

I fucking LOATHE him.

he should get that duet guy from 'say something (i'm giving up on you" to sing with him. straight to number one after the superbowel.

2 hours ago, Barbie said:

So is this Prince hologram rumor true? I hope NOT. Prince didn't care for him at all.

CRUSTin better fucking not.

He had his album launch party at Paisley Park.

The whole thing rubs me the wrong way.

I like the new album. Def have to listen to it over a full week to appreciate the whole album. Ive been listening to it a couple times a day and its pretty good. 

Prince coming back from the dead as a hologram to perform with an artist he openly hated is some straight up Black Mirror shit. I hope it's not true.

It’s definitely not a shower:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

2 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

MOTW is a grower

I actually like the album and its production. Its a good album when listened to from beginning to end. Its got some interesting sounds.

Motw is a mess :queenbitch: