MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Justin Timberlake thread

Will the song (filthy)even make it to the Super Bowl?

superbowl won't have any effect outside the US though. The song is flopping everywhere

Ugh

Kill it

Kill it with fire 

20 hours ago, spotlight said:

Will the song (filthy)even make it to the Super Bowl?

now that I read it, I don´t see him performing a song called <filthy in the super bowl...

Would be the perfect opportunity for Janet’s left tit to make an appearance again...

now a days it dont matter if a song is flopping or not.....if the business wants it to be a hit it will be....money talks arts walk, sadly. lol

Why does it feel like every song by everyone (except Ed Sheerhan of course) is labeled flop these days??

Katy- FLOP

Taylor- FLOP

Britney- FLOP

Gaga- FLOP

Beyonce- FLOP

I even saw Adele called FLOP because 25 didn't quite have the staying power of 21.....now we have FLOP Justin. Are all these things really flops or is a hit not as easily and simply defined as it once was?? :think:

music is moving way too fast...attention spans last a week...back in the old days songs climbed for months to its peak...now it bust out usually as high as its going to go...then down from there and quickly move on to the next...the album era really don't last like they used to

I also think that’s because all the payola deals are driving initial positions rather than them being an actual reflection of the general public’s organic reaction to them over time 

He's rush released the next single and it's worse than the first one...

47 minutes ago, Crux said:

The clip is beautiful, but the music doesn't really go anywhere... I just can't see this becoming a hit, it sounds like a Weeknd leftover.

1 hour ago, Crux said:

already ?? Oh... sounds desperate. In damage control, for sure. 

Supplies. Interesting.

It started out promising, both the video and the song, but then the whole thing just became repetitive and predictable. HOW many post apocalyptic can really be made? Hasn't just about every pop star sailed that ship at one point in their career? 

This whole era is so tired. He would've been washed up years ago had he not spread out his albums in 5 year intervals. It's just taken longer for the GP to get sick of him. I'm sure he'll rest on his past songs for the SB performance or do just a quick clip of something new. But I just can't see either of these songs translating very well on stage. 

Guest Marco

@KalamazooJay You hit the nail on the head.

The 20/20 Experience only sold as much as it did because it was his first album in 7 years and Can't Stop the Feeling was substantially riding on the success of that era.

I hope MOTW flops. The title alone sounds so pompous.

I can find something interesting in filthy, but not in the new one...with my really bad eye for the hits, this new one will be a success!:lol:

31 minutes ago, Marco said:

@KalamazooJay You hit the nail on the head.

The 20/20 Experience only sold as much as it did because it was his first album in 7 years and Can't Stop the Feeling was substantially riding on the success of that era.

I hope MOTW flops. The title alone sounds so pompous.

I don't really think CSTF was riding the success of 20/20. Those albums didn't do all that well overall. If anything, THIS album will be riding the success of CSTF. If this era flops it will be because the music isn't poppy and accessible like that song was. 

3 hours ago, Crux said:

It wasn't rush-released. Before "Filthy" was even released they announced that there would be several music videos released leading up to the album release, the second one being on 1/18. There's no way they could have conceived, shot, and released this video in less than two weeks.

As for the quality, I don't understand this era at all. Where is the "man of the woods" sound/vibe the trailer focused on? It's a mess, but it was apparently all carefully planned in advance, which makes it even worse.

Guest Marco
39 minutes ago, vocalism said:

I don't really think CSTF was riding the success of 20/20. Those albums didn't do all that well overall. If anything, THIS album will be riding the success of CSTF. If this era flops it will be because the music isn't poppy and accessible like that song was.

Joint sales of both 20/20 editions were at 6 million globally only within a year of its release. That's pretty good!

In retrospective, CSTF was indeed successful due to being a generic disco-pop track.

24 minutes ago, vocalism said:

I don't really think CSTF was riding the success of 20/20. Those albums didn't do all that well overall. If anything, THIS album will be riding the success of CSTF. If this era flops it will be because the music isn't poppy and accessible like that song was. 

It wasn't rush-released. Before "Filthy" was even released they announced that there would be several music videos released leading up to the album release, the second one being on 1/18. There's no way they could have conceived, shot, and released this video in less than two weeks.

As for the quality, I don't understand this era at all. Where is the "man of the woods" sound/vibe the trailer focused on? It's a mess, but it was apparently all carefully planned in advance, which makes it even worse.

Yes to all... 

1 hour ago, vocalism said:

Agreed. What the hell is this album all about? Makes no sense.

supplies is shockingly bad

The 20/20 Experience debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 968,000 copies.

The 20/20 Experience became the best-selling album of 2013 in the US, making it the Billboard Year-End number-one album. 

The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2  debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, with first-week Filthy of 350,000 copies in the United States.[43] In its second week the album sold 70,000 more copies, bringing its total album sales to 420,000.[44] As of June 18, 2014, the album has sold over a million copies in the United States 

The new album based on Filthy ans Supplies is shockingly bad . I would say that it's his MDNA era but that would be an offend for MDNA

I don’t like supplies, at all.

Rush released or not, when it's bad, it's bad. 

Daaymn this is a disaster already!  :sick:Garbage songs, botched and bizarre image/marketing etc..It's CLEARLY his Reputation/LWYMMD bad but the songs are actually doing worse! Media is gonna start having coronaries trying to spin for this douche who is SO overdue for some floppage. Janets karma!! :lol: And people steamrolled Katy over her 'hair' :doh:Witness is album of the year/ 20x better than both Taylor and JTs album (without even hearing the other songs!) lol Only gonna get worse. Era and momentum is almost already gone. He basically only has the same demographic that Pink has. Younger millennials prob. barely care or even remember anything about Nsync or even Justified.

People are so quick to be dismissive.

CSTF didn't ride off of the success of 20/20. That album died in the water with it's unnecessary 'part 2'. It was a hit because it was a paint by the numbers kiddie song from a kiddie movie. It's a joke of a song that's safe for the grandma's and grandpa's to dance to at weddings. Easily the biggest piece of shit he, or anyone, has ever released

Why there's no melody in that new song? That's how things work nowadays?

:britwtf:

Supplies is seriously bad. This era is an epic failure so far.