MadonnaNation.com Forums
Jazzy Jan

Poor Lorde is miserable

loowee    0

What a snoozefest of a pop star. Her music is pretentious and boring. Liability is nice but that's it.

VogueMusic    0
7 hours ago, surannée said:

Widespread acclaim for hew new album so far (92 on Metacritic based on 10 critics). I haven't heard it yet.

817.gif

1 hour ago, loowee said:

What a snoozefest of a pop star. Her music is pretentious and boring. Liability is nice but that's it.

EXACTLY! Everything she claims to not be.

Nick    0

Listen to some more of album this afternoon.  Still really enjoy a few tracks, but not exactly the type of beats I'm usually into. Can see her fans & music critics being into it for sure....

Not surprised at the praise & also agree that she can pretentious at times. Her moodiness shtick on stage feels a bit fake.

VogueMusic    0
23 minutes ago, Nick said:

Her moodiness shtick on stage feels a bit fake.

Well, she is besties with T. Swift...

surannée    0

Just finished my first listen. She's very pretentious but she has talent - way more than Lana del Rey, for example. I like "Supercut", very U2-Joshua True. "Sober II (Melodrama)" is good too. The album is... ok. Nothing that Kate Bush and Bjork haven't done before and better, but at least she's going against the present pop formula. I don't see it becoming a big seller and maybe that's why critics are being so generous. 

runa    0
13 hours ago, loowee said:

For once we agree on something, :lol:

Maddylvr    0

She's not my fave, but there are some good tracks on the album.

Crux    0
On 27/02/2017 at 10:43 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Got to post some more "Poor Lorde is miserable"  photos just for you.  

Image result for lorde images

Image result for lorde imagesImage result for lorde images

God, what a miserable COW. She clearly needs a big cock to put a smile on her face.

Robin    0

^:lmao:i would volunteer my self but god damn i don't find her attractive 4/10 i rather watch paint dry 

LHakaLH    0
7 hours ago, Crux said:

God, what a miserable COW. She clearly needs a big cock to put a smile on her face.

I'd do her in the ass

jonski43    0
16 hours ago, Crux said:

Blinds are saying toilet has her claws in her and they are lezzing it up together occasionally.

No wonder she's miserable 

JR!    0

This album is so good! Might be a contender for best of the year! 

"Megaphone to my chest / broadcast the boom boom boom boom and make them all dance to it"

My faves: Supercut, Homemade Dynamite, Sober and Green Light are AMAZING! 

I am officially a Lorde stan now! :) 

I think the album is pure GOLD. It's so refreshing when you compare it to what's on the radio right now. She's easily one of the most interesting pop stars out there right now in terms of what she's releasing. She's holding on to her signature sound yet modifying it just enough to show progress and growth. 

The Louvre, Homemade Dynamite, Hard Feelings/Loveless are my faves. Perfection. 

Django    0
On 17/6/2017 at 5:43 AM, surannée said:

Just finished my first listen. She's very pretentious but she has talent - way more than Lana del Rey, for example. I like "Supercut", very U2-Joshua True. "Sober II (Melodrama)" is good too. The album is... ok. Nothing that Kate Bush and Bjork haven't done before and better, but at least she's going against the present pop formula. I don't see it becoming a big seller and maybe that's why critics are being so generous. 

Take a fucking seat.

Maddylvr    0

I saw her on Jimmy Fallon and she actually has a great personality and smile. You would never guess from her pics lol . 

Nick    0
10 hours ago, Maddylvr said:

I saw her on Jimmy Fallon and she actually has a great personality and smile. You would never guess from her pics lol . 

Had a similar reaction after watching a recent interview with her. Thought she was going to be a pretentious sour puss, but she came across as a lovely person. 

VogueMusic    0
17 hours ago, Django said:

Take a fucking seat.

15 hours ago, surannée said:

Sorry! :angel:

:dead::dead::dead:

vocalism    0

Why is the word "pretentious" being thrown around so liberally here? This is pop music. Her voice is a little deeper and she's smarter than your average idiot pop tart. Her music happens to have personal, darker undertones, but it's catchy and sometimes even dance-y.

Je5u5    0
17 hours ago, Nick said:

Had a similar reaction after watching a recent interview with her. Thought she was going to be a pretentious sour puss, but she came across as a lovely person. 

Well she was friends with Bowie. That makes her cool by default despite the misguided friendship with 🐍

JR!    0

The Louvre is another standout in this amazing album!!!!

JR!    0

# 1 ALBUM this weeK! Well deserved!