Jazzy Jan

Poor Lorde is miserable

124 posts in this topic

I like Diplo's remix of Tennis Court

New song premieres tomorrow in Australia. I kinda like her first album...only listened a little, but it's cool. 

I kinda like the new song...it could be better but it's ok

15 minutes ago, Inlakesh said:

I kinda like the new song...it could be better but it's ok

LOVE LOVE LOVE the song. Haven't watched video as I'm at work

But love!!

The song is very good but I can't help but feel it would be much better with a different singer

3 minutes ago, le smoking said:

The song is very good but I can't help but feel it would be much better with a different singer

I agree. I like the song, the lyrics and her passion but I always find her voice too nasal and flat.  Can see this song becoming a hit.  It is different and interesting. 

10 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

I agree. I like the song, the lyrics and her passion but I always find her voice too nasal and flat.  Can see this song becoming a hit.  It is different and interesting. 

With all the cool production leading up to the chorus you'd expect it to really take off.....yet she's still singing in that monotone voice and it ends up going nowhere

5 minutes ago, le smoking said:

With all the cool production leading up to the chorus you'd expect it to really take off.....yet she's still singing in that monotone voice

Yes, that has always been my issue with her voice too.  I know others love her but the tone of her voice always spoils her songs for me personally.  Similar with Lily Allen. They seem to talk more than sing too. 

24 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Yes, that has always been my issue with her voice too.  I know others love her but the tone of her voice always spoils her songs for me personally.  Similar with Lily Allen. They seem to talk more than sing too. 

I actually think Lily Allen's voice is perfect for her music/lyrics - kinda wry and detached but without lacking emotional sensibility, and it has a fairly nice tone imo 

But yeah everyone on the internet seems to be praising this new Lorde song (including Katy) so good for her

It's a good song, but I just found her so boring. Nothing special about her or her voice.

Gave it a listen.  That's probably all it'll get from me.  Her voice is not my favorite.  And she always looks do damn sad/miserable.

It's ok.  But why does she always has to do that face?? I mean seriously, she looks so constipated. 

Honestly, sounds pretty good & song picks up well! 

is she smiling in the video at least

Good song.

it's ok

iTunes:

Lorde - Green Light
  0.4052 0.2419

I really enjoy it. There's an optimistic, uplifting vibe to it that's usually lacking from her songs. It's kind of got a Coldplay vibe to it. For those who said they can picture someone else singing, Chris Martin might be the one. 

Overall, I like Lorde. But I don't hail her as this savior of pop music like the critics do. She's a bit too one dimensional for me. 

It's really good! It does definitely go somewhere. It's hopeful and energising. And doesn't sound like anything I've heard lately. I think this will be very successful for her. More than Katy's.

I've not heard her speak. Does she have a speech impediment? Seems so by how she sings. No disrespect. 

I really like it as well. 

Nothing special 

I like the song with some more listens...never  liked any of her songs before so it is a surprise I like this one...gives me a Bridget Jones soundtrack vibe.

stopped listening to it after 1 min, and I usually like her stuff

The new song is really good! I really like this :-)