MadonnaNation.com Forums
Love Spent

Prince Dead at 57

Exactly. Musical icons and legends like Prince should be celebrated and appreciated more when they are alive instead of being put down and called irrelevant by idiotic media and bloggers. Irrelevant is the word I detest the most that is used to describe stars who are not young and completely changes the original meaning. I find it insulting and pathetic when people use that word to describe true talented superstars who paved the way for others and influenced today's stars.

+1

veuiok.jpg

Love

I'm crying again. It's all still so unbelievable. I hate that he is gone. Been listening to Sirius radio nonstop

It's just sad when you die you go to the charts again. :(

How is it a sad thing? It's beautiful, seeing all the love everyone is expressing. Shows he was a one of a kind, an artist who had a strong effect on a lot of people

How is it a sad thing? It's beautiful, seeing all the love everyone is expressing. Shows he was a one of a kind, an artist who had a strong effect on a lot of people

I agree on that but it would be amazing to witness it as an artist. I'm sure he's smiling at this.

Guest Rachelle of London

What ever happened to Cat Glover?

Adam Levine did good.

even though prince himslef didnĀ“t like their Kiss cover!

What ever happened to Cat Glover?

age?

the sad thing is to wait to lose an artist to make him/her reign in the charts again

I don't want death to be the catalyst to put the spotlight again in geniuses, I want this fucked up music business to start paying respect always.

true

in canada one music station has been playing all his videos in rotation all day all night.

:(

I watched a great local band perform Prince covers last night. They were wonderful. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Guest bluejean

Prince was my fave along with Madonna and MJ. Totally devastated that he's gone. It's taken me afew days to be able to listen to his music again.

I wish I was still in the US because people in Australia don't give as many fucks about him. I mean some do but you know, it appears to have been an enormous non stop tribute in the US. And the whole top 10 of itunes filled with his songs!

I find it amazing that Purple Rain wasn't his biggest #1 smash but yet that is the song everyone is playing. It is #1 on iTunes so hopefully it will be #1 on the Billboard charts! I see Darling Nikki up there which is interesting because it wasn't a single. I assume that's because of its incredible portrayal in the Purple Rain film?

It makes you wonder what will go to #1 when Madonna dies. Hopefully Like a Prayer rather than Like a Virgin. Or maybe Vogue. Much like Prince she has so many hits its hard to know.

I haven't watched Vh1 and MTV this much in a long time!! God, I feel like I'm 14 all over again

my fave male singer ever...im so :(

Been listening to him a lot lately.

Me too. Him and Madonna.. Got em on auto repeat. My bf wants to strangle me...

Guest Mauro

I can't believe he only had 1 #1 UK single, and that was in the 90s. He had two others through Sinead O'Connor and Chaka Khan, and that was for writing their songs.

Goes to show you that chart positions play very little in the makings of a legend.

record sales mean so little these days.. it's about the music and the art you make. im just very proud that M is the #1 female in touring, but a lot of music thats number one is shit. maybe prince leaving us inspires her in making very experimental music, doing little concerts like he did..

To be honest i think Prince only have 3/4 wordwide hits , his music style was bigger than his music for me

Guest bluejean

He had a zillion hits. The UK singles charts isn't everything.

He also only won 7 Grammys while some other manufactured artists like Beyonce have won alot more.

This kind of shit means nothing. He is one of the most influential artists of all time. Period.

Guest bluejean

Lady Gaga filling Prince's shoes :rotfl:

What music has she recorded that is any way shape or form groundbreaking? None. Everything she has ever done is a rehash of something better.