MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
acko

Fabulous Boy George Interview

WHY CAN'T I FIND HIM ON THAT KILROYESQUE PROGRAMME FROM THE SEVENTIES?!!!!

:thumbsup:

Wow Lecter. I didn't know about him until do you really want to hurt me!!! You were early!!!

I don't know if white boy was released in the states though!

Big sister influence again (like M and Prince)

She got White Boy on vinyl it reached about 130 in the charts here . And then I'm Afraid of Me.

He played a gig here where I live just as Do You Really Want To Hurt me was being released when they got on Tp of the Pops as a last minute thing even tho the song was in the low end of the charts

I so wanted to go and cried. My nan took me to the venue the next day to show me where they had played . I was 5

Then when Colour By Numbers (which I maintain is one of the best albums ever) was released my nan again said she knew Boy George as she was Irish and they all know each other and that she went to the phone box and called him and he wrote "Mr Man" for me as that's what she called me.

I choose to believe this still :wow:

Anyway I digress

Half my collection as I'm between moves so some records in storage :wow:

7147C603-ABF4-4659-8003-F8331F13D4A0_zps

^^ Awesome, Lecter!

Guest Pud Whacker

I LOVE IT ALL!!!!

MORE MORE MORE!!!

Doctor Lectern do you know the Kilroy silk esque appearance of him I'm talking about.

Doctor Lectern do you know the Kilroy silk esque appearance of him I'm talking about.

Yeah I do I've seen it on a compilation I'm trying to find it

Very articulate interview

One forgets he was 21 when he went stratospheric. No wonder he lost it

Guest Pud Whacker

BOY GEORGE

we will never have another one. like we will never have another madonna.

and if you werent around, you may not know the impact of what im saying because you hung a baby spice poster on your wall. :ass:

I love Boy George. Adore both the George's that become superstars in the 80's - Boy George and George Michael. Talented singers, great music and interesting people. Boy George can be a bit bratty at times but just part of who he is. I should not bring Madonna into this thread but I still love how he shut up those haters on Fashion Police who were trying to get him to put Madonna down. He called them out on their ageist bulldust and defended her. Regardless of that anyway, always love his music and voice.

There's only one King of Pop and it's not Marilyn and it's not Boy George. It's Jon Moss, the drummer of Culture Club!

Read this interview with him! He tells us what the deal with the new album. Basically, George and his new manager,have stopped the album from being released, despite the other members of the band want it to come out and fans have paid for it. Jon makes me laugh and is the most interesting and intelligent guy.

Jon is the King of Pop and Madonna is the Queen of Pop in my world and anyone who doesn't agree can kiss my ass!

http://metropolisjapan.com/interview-with-jon-moss

I find it very odd why some people here are very quick to defend Boy George, when he has said the most awful things about Madonna. He called her a vile hideous human being and even said she was homophobic. But people always dismiss that and say it's just part of who he is. Why? Anyone else said those things about Madonna and you would condemn them. It doesn't make sense to me.

here it is!

YYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY. Thanks. x

I always remember being very young, early 90's, Boy came to South America, did a few tv shows, being gay was still a huge taboo over here, to such an extent that even tv hosts would ask questions such as 'do you have a girlfriend?' Or 'how did you like girls over here?' to celebrities known to be gay, sort of making fun of the celebrity, knowing that nobody would dare to say something back, i remember Boy George performing Crying game , and the host asking him sort of making fun of him, 'how did you like girls over here?' Boy rolled his eyes out and simply said 'how would i know, i'm gay' and everyone just froze shocked looking like fools...i though he was so cool, back then being openly gay and talking about it on mainstream media was unheard of over here

Poor Audun Carlsen tho.

Ooh potential uk Tour this winter

About bloody time

Pud, did you go to a show?

Guest bluejean

There's only one King of Pop and it's not Marilyn and it's not Boy George. It's Jon Moss, the drummer of Culture Club!

Read this interview with him! He tells us what the deal with the new album. Basically, George and his new manager,have stopped the album from being released, despite the other members of the band want it to come out and fans have paid for it. Jon makes me laugh and is the most interesting and intelligent guy.

Jon is the King of Pop and Madonna is the Queen of Pop in my world and anyone who doesn't agree can kiss my ass!

http://metropolisjapan.com/interview-with-jon-moss

I find it very odd why some people here are very quick to defend Boy George, when he has said the most awful things about Madonna. He called her a vile hideous human being and even said she was homophobic. But people always dismiss that and say it's just part of who he is. Why? Anyone else said those things about Madonna and you would condemn them. It doesn't make sense to me.

A drummer the King of Pop? :lmao:

Glinda, the singer of the band is always the star. That is the way it is. They could replace Jon Moss on a Culture Club tour and the 2% of the audience that even noticed wouldn't give a shit.

And frankly despite the fact it wasn't as successful Boy George's solo music was BETTER than Culture Club. He was and is the star and without him they are NOTHING. Without them he would have written great songs with someone else. Just as Madonna can write great songs with any collaborator. Most of whom never did much without her.

Love him or loathe him - he is an icon and a trailblazer...not to mention a supremely talented songwriter. I used to dislike him as a teenager only because I was more obsessed with Madonna but as an adult I see how much he and Culture Club have done for the LGBT community and culture at large.