MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
acko

Fabulous Boy George Interview

I will forever love this man. There was a great documentary about the Culture Club reunion and then doing their new album and they go on just like they did back in the day with George having his strops .

I was so glad he did VICTIMS on The Voice everyone deserves to know that song

Thanks for posting this Acko. Boy George is always interesting. Sometimes he can be a bit bitchy but I always enjoy listening to what he has to say. Great singer as well.

Good interview.

I recently bought a greatest hits compilation of Culture Club and it's fabulous. Love Boy George.

513govdFX8L._SX425_.jpg

Ugh why is a load of CC stuff taken off YouTube

Even the WAR SONG video the original American Life video inspiration :wow:

Also I still remember this show to this day as it had fun fair rides in it . A Midsummer Nights Tube concert

Amazing

I will forever love this man. There was a great documentary about the Culture Club reunion and then doing their new album and they go on just like they did back in the day with George having his strops .

I was so glad he did VICTIMS on The Voice everyone deserves to know that song

I didn't like that documentary. The way he treats the other guys in the band is disgusting. I find him arrogant, rude and full of himself. I think it's hypocritical how he goes on about how he's changed but he really is just the same. I loved Culture Club's music at one time but their endless bickering is just tiresome.

Yes, Culture Club's music was great, but he hasn't done much that really is that wonderful since then. People give him too easy a ride. I think he is way overrated.

How can people love him so much after all the really awful things he's said about Madonna? You wouldn't praise anyone else who said that? He doesn't deserve the pass he gets from most people.

I think he's just an arrogant jerk who fools people with his charm. I'm not fooled.

I know no one else will agree since he's this untouchable icon apparently, but it's how I feel from following him for many years.

I agree with a lot of that. The way he behaved was bad but going back to their early days there's even a recording section on the box set of them doing Victims and then having a blazing row.

I didn't like the way he was when he went off the rails again but he seems to have admitted that.

He loves Madonna he has a massive portrait of her in his house!

Really enjoyed that. You can tell he has come a long way as a person, and not just an artist.

Really enjoyed that. You can tell he has come a long way as a person, and not just an artist.

He really hasn't. I can see how you might think that from his interviews because he says all the right things. But really underneath it all he's mostly the same. As Madonna says, lots of people talk the talk, but how many people can walk the walk. He doesn't.

I agree with a lot of that. The way he behaved was bad but going back to their early days there's even a recording section on the box set of them doing Victims and then having a blazing row.

I didn't like the way he was when he went off the rails again but he seems to have admitted that.

He loves Madonna he has a massive portrait of her in his house!

He's horrible to his fans. He blocks them on twitter. Then he asked them all to preorder the new Culture Club album almost two years ago on Pledge Music, and he refuses to give them an update on when it might be released. He claims he's waiting for the right time whenever that is.

On the finale of the Voice, he sang Imagine with his contestant. Only he took over the song and drowned her out and would only let her sing background vocals. Then when she lost, he said the song the winner was supposed to sing was horrible and she didn't want to sing it anyway. Sore loser!

Loved The Crying Game. Such a beautiful and haunting song.

I've never liked him. And I like him even less after he was convicted of imprisoning a man in his home for the purpose of sexually abusing him. Or something like that. How he ended up on The Voice confuses me. If he'd been convicted of doing that to a woman he'd never be back on TV.

Yes, Culture Club's music was great, but he hasn't done much that really is that wonderful since then. People give him too easy a ride. I think he is way overrated.

He doesn't deserve the pass he gets from most people.

I think he's just an arrogant jerk who fools people with his charm. I'm not fooled.

I know no one else will agree since he's this untouchable icon apparently, but it's how I feel from following him for many years.

This.

I didn't like that documentary. The way he treats the other guys in the band is disgusting. I find him arrogant, rude and full of himself. I think it's hypocritical how he goes on about how he's changed but he really is just the same.

He doesn't deserve the pass he gets from most people.

100% agree!

He's horrible to his fans. He blocks them on twitter. Then he asked them all to preorder the new Culture Club album almost two years ago on Pledge Music, and he refuses to give them an update on when it might be released. He claims he's waiting for the right time whenever that is.

Obviously he's waiting for enough pre-order number to break even for the cost to produce such album.

On the finale of the Voice, he sang Imagine with his contestant. Only he took over the song and drowned her out and would only let her sing background vocals. Then when she lost, he said the song the winner was supposed to sing was horrible and she didn't want to sing it anyway. Sore loser!

:rotfl:

I've never liked him. And I like him even less after he was convicted of imprisoning a man in his home for the purpose of sexually abusing him. Or something like that. How he ended up on The Voice confuses me. If he'd been convicted of doing that to a woman he'd never be back on TV.

Me too.

Especially with this:

You may think the live version was not good but guess what? his studio version is equally bad:

his vile.

I didn't like that documentary. The way he treats the other guys in the band is disgusting. I find him arrogant, rude and full of himself. I think it's hypocritical how he goes on about how he's changed but he really is just the same. I loved Culture Club's music at one time but their endless bickering is just tiresome.

How can people love him so much after all the really awful things he's said about Madonna? You wouldn't praise anyone else who said that? He doesn't deserve the pass he gets from most people.

I agree with you.

That's nice Glinda, now wipe the foam from your mouth.

What actually happened there, I remember it on the news but I don't know the ins and outs. I remember hearing he chained a man to the radiator in his house. He was jailed for it. It's a disturbing shame. Was George on drugs or what? I always liked him, it's hard to imagine.

I did read that the man came out and say he was angry that Boy George was on the voice.

Also did Boy George 'out' George Michael or was that a myth? Like did he drop hints. I wasn't around in the mid 80s to know what the magazines were saying :lol:

He was always trying to out George Michaels :D

One of my favourite bits in his first book "Take it Like a Man" was him and a friend seeing George drive around in his convertible playing his own songs and they screamed "HAIRDRESSER !"

Also on the recording of Band Aid when George goes in the booth he thought it was Alison Moyet not George Michael then said "he sounds very camp but then he is"

I think they are friends . George did a stunning cover of Victims as wel.

He was all fucked up again on drugs his second book "Straight" is not as good as the first and that's when he had his relapse and got arrested and street cleaned etc.

Nightcutter, that is awful. I never knew this :mellow:

Also did Boy George 'out' George Michael or was that a myth? Like did he drop hints. I wasn't around in the mid 80s to know what the magazines were saying :lol:

Billiejean, I do remember several articles where they talked of Boy George outing George Michael and George Michael was supposed to have denied it. That was way before it was confirmed.

Obviously he's waiting for enough pre-order number to break even for the cost to produce such album.

:rotfl:

No, but here's what's weird. They already recorded the album. It was shown in the documentary and he put some of the songs up on soundcloud. So the costs of recording have already been paid for. Actually a good number of people pre-ordered it originally, but Pledge Music is set up so you can cancel your order at any time so a lot of fans have cancelled it but he doesn't seem to care. The only people who didn't cancel were the super fans who want a signed card from all 4 of them which you were supposed to get if you were one of the first 100 to order.

I've been a fan of George since 1982, but he can be really annoying and rude... and the situation with the Tribe album... the guy really needs to learn something about priorities...

Ugh why is a load of CC stuff taken off YouTube

Even the WAR SONG video the original American Life video inspiration :wow:

Here's the War Song video:

This used to be my video...