MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rebelheart

The Next Tour?

Most likely it's nothing but could be more TOAC shows coming?

The Rebel Heart Tour South American stadium dates + a few extra North American dates + asian + european stadiums = Madonna having the top 3 grossing female tours ever :queenbitch:

*lol...no*

I just got an email saying madonna coming to Miami on may 31 2016 and is listed on ticketmaster , someone knows what is about? I just got an email saying madonna coming to Miami may 31 2016 and is listed on ticketmaster, someone knows if is true or what is about? http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D0050B3901A7B5F?page=tmus&tmid=0D0050B3901A7B5F&clickid=woxQEE3FjTKH2M%3ARFKX2NWXeUkSQDB21R0y3xs0&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_258042&impradid=258042&referral_id=tmfeedbuyat258042&wt.mc_id=aff_BUYAT_258042&utm_source=258042-Eventful&impradname=Eventful&utm_medium=affiliate&irgwc=1

She's probably just going to do a lite shop in one of your WalMarts in Florida.

It'll just be a glitch in the system. It's happened before.

TOAC has already sold out. I'm going to see 3 shows.

Do u think Beyoncé can be able, with her current tour, to outgross Madonna Sticky And Sweat record for most succesfull solo tour in history?

Damn her boxscore is insane

I don' t want Madonna to lose That record :-(

No more tours...

and no more posts from you...

FLUSH please.

He started out with some really intelligent posts, don't get why he's trolling now :lol:

Is not trolling...she can´t tour until she manages to make few new hits or at least figure a way to make people reconnect with her legacy, unless she makes a greatest hits tour (which she probably won´t since she isnt a nostalgia act) , problem is LN is touring company and they don´t care about her mystique or at least making decent promotion , they are all about selling tickets no matter what. Music isnt important to LN. Her catalog is mostly owned by WB and i think she entered the internet game a little late, and since the state of the industry is a disgrace and she gets lots of backlash lately touring in the next couple of years could be a bad move. The only way i see she could recover popularity is keep low profile for a while and stop trying to force it. Just rest and make good music for a year or something, not rushed albums ....like proper good music. And then only then consider a tour. Last albums felt a little like some of her other lesser business ventures (well maybe except for RH ), and that in my opinion is a managment issue right there.

And YES: SHE should stop now in the sake OF DIGNITY NOW and rethink her next move....and by dignity i mean she has been mercilessly brutalized by the press, critics, etc since she is more known now to this generation for being tabloid material than for her awesome music. Dignity isnt a dirty word, i think she should really rethink her game. Soften her image one more time and for heaven sake stop trying to lure millenials and do some serious music with a good producer instead of bubble gum rap with 12 producers. Stop flashing her ass and pumping her face with plastic and sit with a good producer and concern about making a great album, all those tricks were nice and good in the 80s and 90s when it was easy to manipulate the media...now everything is different she cant manipulate the media since people IS the media , people IS the press ...information is a couple of clicks away etc so she needs to find new ways to get the attention.

Problem is sometimes i feel she forces her way to the public eye for the sake of being Madonna the celebrity instead of Madonna the artist. She always had good business insticts but from few years back to this day it feels like her career has been plagued by terrible choices, from ridiculous business ventures, to gyms, to that Tildal deal, etc. Madonna changed her focus since her divorce, is like her personal life is way too time consuming now and her art is secondary and sometimes it shows, i get it: she is a mom and all that stuff and is cool but is like she lost touch with what´s happening musically...also she became a person difficult to identify with and that´s something crucial as a pop star...specially if she wants to keep a fandom intact.

Let´s face it : she needs to snap out of it and find a new manager.

AND YES: I can be critical but is because i do care. I think people aproach fandom in different ways, and yes, at times i don´t like certain things since i know she could do better. At the end is on her, she can do whatever she wants. I don´t need or care being called everytime i disagree with something. I give zero fucks if some people think being a fan is just praise everything just because .

So whatever...as i said is a fandom not a religion or cult. Let´s hope it will get better.

Edited by manystar

Is not trolling...she can´t tour until she manages to make few new hits or at least figure a way to make people reconnect with her legacy, unless she makes a greatest hits tour (which she probably won´t since she isnt a nostalgia act) , problem is LN is touring company and they don´t care about her mystique or at least making decent promotion , they are all about selling tickets no matter what. Music isnt important to LN. Her catalog is mostly owned by WB and i think she entered the internet game a little late, and since the state of the industry is a disgrace and she gets lots of backlash lately touring in the next couple of years could be a bad move. The only way i see she could recover popularity is keep low profile for a while and stop trying to force it. Just rest and make good music for a year or something, not rushed albums ....like proper good music. And then only then consider a tour. Last albums felt a little like some of her other lesser business ventures (well maybe except for RH ), and that in my opinion is a managment issue right there.

And YES: SHE should stop now in the sake OF DIGNITY NOW and rethink her next move....

Please get real. Considering the high ticket prices, half the arena being VIP packages, a not-very-well promoted album that bears the name of the tour etc she has done brilliantly on the live circuit with RHT and continued to make herself and Live Nation a huge profit. She's nowhere near "not able to tour". In fact, the stellar reviews and word of mouth from RHT will probably bring a number of casual fans back the next time,

If it EVER gets to the point of slowing down 'too much', they can simply cut her ticket prices a little, cut back on a lot of the useless overheads she has, and yes, do a one-off "semi-hits" type tour to lure some punters back, if they or she so wishes.

As for all the rest, including the "dignity" stuff. Madonna has been in the game long enough, and seen and done it all. Chances are at this point; she could not give a fuck and is just doing what she wants to do and having fun with it. Having a $billiion in the bank and working at the same job for 35 years will do that to you. That may change, it may not.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but when it comes to her live/concert output, she's FAR from over.

could be interesting to do a little free promo tour next time before the tour. it's all about what the next project is gonna sound like

Manystar you have absolutely no idea what your talking about man. As that moron Wendy Williams would say, 'take several seats!'

Rebel Heart the album and tour is up there with her very best work. I'm sorry you can't see that.

She's a progressive artist in a world that is changing at break neck speed and she's always been that way. Once again, I'm sorry you can't see that.

Bubble gum rap sounds awesome. I really hope she explores this genre with the next record!

manystar, RHT was a sold out tour. It's obviously she's popular and can still fill arenas. Did you see it? It was amazing.

And this "dignity" stuff...?????

Madonna is who she is and it's obvious she's not living up to YOUR idea of what kind of a person she should be, and with that I'm sure she could give several fucks. Same for anyone else who has this sort of criticism. She does not bow to others standards.

Questionable business choices, fine, I can see that. But please don't insult her character. "Soften her image" my ass (which I fully support her showing, haha). Girl is not a "Taylor Swift-type" squeaky clean media darling. She's MADONNA. I wouldn't want her any other way!

And She's been brutalized by the public and the press for almost 35 years. What has been happening lately is nothing new.

Girl is just gonna keep going and doing it HER way whether you like it or not.

madonna-wink.gif

Guest Rachelle of London

I can't even

Anastaza, love your post!!! You speak my mind!

Her sold out tour grossed 169 millions, but yeah, she "should stop touring now for the sake of dignity" :lmao:

2dvr7d5.gif

I didn´t said she should be "Squeaky clean" (God knows the Erotica era is her best on my book) or that RH was bad (her best record in years), i just say that this era reminds me a bit of the Erotica/SEX era in terms of people not knowing what to make of her....specially youngsters: Of course she did reborn as Fenix with the ROL era and she managed to even lure the non-fans then because she was wise enough to sit and plan what she wanted to do with her brand ...who she was aiming as an artist and how to reach them. The result? absolute awesomeness.

I´m not "insulting her character" i just said she perfectly could get the attention she craves for amazing artistic reasons if she wanted to if she happened to being well-managed and promoted by today standarts, the game has changed and well the industry isnt was it used to be (MTV is far gone, people sell thousands instead of millions,the infinite parade of one-hit-wonders out there via youtube, etc) And yes i think arena tours are more expensive and less fan-friendly money wise...sorry.

And about that dignity thing: no, i don´t think LN treats artists music with dignity, or their legacies, or the loyalty of the fandom. The only loyalty there is to their investors not the artists, not the music and most certainly not their brands...if you think about it they are the ones "insulting her character" not me or the occasional listener who doesnt know where is she aiming to. She is pretty much bounded to LN via Guy O (who is a big mogul there) so i trully thing she needs a new aproach and new manager...and i know they are long time friends but you can´t deny that she did so good with Freddy, Angela and even Caresse back in the day.

I think even the more brilliant artists can get stuck if the managment is lousy. so YES...she needs to find a Record label and/or a manager capable of DIGNIFY her brand and her legacy.So do i think she could do better : absolutely...should she keep touring/ working with Ln? Hell no.

Edited by manystar

Guest Mauro

Madonna - Up Close and Personal (jancelled after 17 dates)

manystar, RHT was a sold out tour. It's obviously she's popular and can still fill arenas. Did you see it? It was amazing.

And this "dignity" stuff...?????

Madonna is who she is and it's obvious she's not living up to YOUR idea of what kind of a person she should be, and with that I'm sure she could give several fucks. Same for anyone else who has this sort of criticism. She does not bow to others standards.

Questionable business choices, fine, I can see that. But please don't insult her character. "Soften her image" my ass (which I fully support her showing, haha). Girl is not a "Taylor Swift-type" squeaky clean media darling. She's MADONNA. I wouldn't want her any other way!

And She's been brutalized by the public and the press for almost 35 years. What has been happening lately is nothing new.

Girl is just gonna keep going and doing it HER way whether you like it or not.

:clap:

Manystar, for the sake of your own dignity, you should just stop with the nonsense.

I'm done with the conformist years! (UGH Guy Ritchie)

But Rebel Heart was one of her softer eras. The album and the tour had lots of ballads and midtempos, it certainly was not all bubble gum hip hop.

She was warmer with her fans on the tour, and the costumes on the tour weren't that revealing and outrageous.

But even with all that softening, people who don't like her still found a reason to criticize her, so I don't see your plan working.

Madonna is always going to have two sides to her, the softer vulnerable classy side we saw at the Prince tribute, and the flashing her ass envelope pushing side we saw at the Met Gala. Somehow no matter which side she shows, the haters are always going to be there.

But for me that's what makes her such a fascinating artist. She always has those two very different almost contradictory sides. I like the softer ballad moments too, but if that's all she did she would be boring and not Madonna!

I don't know if Madonna is ever going to have the mass youth appeal as she once did, which is just how things seem to go in our society. I think she knows this.

However, there IS a crop of kids out there who are quite the loons which is refreshing and great, but they definitely are not the majority.

The "character insult" I was referring to in one of your posts was the comment about "stop flashing her ass..."

Madonna is going to keep doing things make some people cringe, which is what she's always done. She still likes to shock and provoke, which is just part of her personality. Some of the incidents in recent years, her flashing her bum on the red carpet at the Grammy's last year and her outfit at this year's Met Ball... those are things I hope she keeps doing Especially as she gets older. Madonna has always done & said things that a woman is not "supposed" to be doing and saying. It's fabulous that she continues to do these things even more so as she gets older. Again, always the pioneer, always the trailblazer.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't know how much I care about her being the huge commercial success she once was vs her producing quality work and just fucking doing what she loves. And just DOING.

I think there's always going to be a draw and she's always going to have some kind of appeal and will always turn heads.

But Rebel Heart was one of her softer eras. The album and the tour had lots of ballads and midtempos, it certainly was not all bubble gum hip hop.

She was warmer with her fans on the tour, and the costumes on the tour weren't that revealing and outrageous.

But even with all that softening, people who don't like her still found a reason to criticize her, so I don't see your plan working.

Madonna is always going to have two sides to her, the softer vulnerable classy side we saw at the Prince tribute, and the flashing her ass envelope pushing side we saw at the Met Gala. Somehow no matter which side she shows, the haters are always going to be there.

But for me that's what makes her such a fascinating artist. She always has those two very different almost contradictory sides. I like the softer ballad moments too, but if that's all she did she would be boring and not Madonna!

Amen Glinda!

I think the Rebel Heart album is probably the one work that reflects who she is the most as a person.

I love all of her sides. I love her because she's authentic and cannot be easily categorized or fit into a box. She's so multifaceted and isn't afraid to show or celebrate it. Definitely the one of the most unique and authentic artists our generation has ever seen.

Also, I'm not seeing how she can get totally away from Live Nation. Isn't Live Nation involved in promoting and producing most tours of major artists? They seem like the only game in town.

Even an alternative artist like Garbage, tickets to their tour are sold through the Live Nation site.

I personally don't think she needs an album to tour. I would love to see a tour that is a true greatest hits, promoted with a few high profile appearances and performances, get people remembering that Madonna is and always has been an amazing performer. From there, move on to a new album. I truly believe that a properly promoted Madonna Greatest Hits tour (plus Candy Shop), could break records across the globe. She has a back catalogue that other artists would kill for, and it would not do any harm to dust off the classics and give them an airing.

I personally don't think she needs an album to tour. I would love to see a tour that is a true greatest hits, promoted with a few high profile appearances and performances, get people remembering that Madonna is and always has been an amazing performer. From there, move on to a new album. I truly believe that a properly promoted Madonna Greatest Hits tour (plus Candy Shop), could break records across the globe. She has a back catalogue that other artists would kill for, and it would not do any harm to dust off the classics and give them an airing.

I don't think so. To me, Greatest Hits tours work best with artists that have been away from touring a long time or bands that have broken up and got back together. She has been touring consistently and she has played most of her biggest hits in recent tours albeit not in the same show. I can't really think of one really huge hit that she hasn't done recently in the last few tours. You are acting like she hasn't performed any of the classics on her recent tours. She has! So I don't think her classics have been gathering dust!

Why are people so concerned with breaking records as far as money grossed?

I've always wondered what would have been of M career if she had turned to some fans for advise...

I've always wondered what would have been of M career if she had turned to some fans for advise...

She'd be coheadlining the nostalgia tour with Cyndi Lauper instead of Boy George! Or perhaps she'd be making me a latte in Starbucks. LOL