Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rebelheart

The Next Tour?

358 posts in this topic

I'm not sure Madonna would do this again!?

Is there demand big enough to sell out big stadiums globally again? They were struggling to sell out 2nd nights on arenas this time round let's not forget.....

Depends how her next album is handled, because with another hit on her hands, I have no doubt she could return to stadiums.

Agreed, she wont do stadiums again, she seemed to really over outdoor shows after MDNA when she got sick & had to contend with the weather over & over again!

I can see her doing a CT and doing stadiums in select markets? I wouldn't be surprised if her next Asian trek was mostly stadiums, and she would def have to do them in South America

I want her to come back to Istanbul at the new stadium at bosphorus. Its going to be huge. And of course highlight of the new tour is going to be a new extrateristial remix of CANDY SHOP

I'm not sure Madonna would do this again!?

Is there demand big enough to sell out big stadiums globally again? They were struggling to sell out 2nd nights on arenas this time round let's not forget.....

Depends how her next album is handled, because with another hit on her hands, I have no doubt she could return to stadiums.

She did at least 2 shows in most european cities. That's around 30k people interested. With stadiums prices could be a bit lower, increasing demand as well. There's also lost of european countries that she barely went. She could visit them again.

She also has lots of asian countries she could do stadiums. plus south america and some north american shows.

But it all depends on her next album and what she does until then. A decent team could do wonders for her...oh well.

We should perhaps get some Jean-Paul Gaultier designs for costumes next tour, no? It seems she alternates tours with designs from JPG:

BAT (JPG yes)

GS (JPG no)

DWT (JPG yes)

RIT (JPG no)

CT (JPG yes)
S&ST (JPG no)

MDNA (JPG yes)

RHT (JPG no)

???? (JPG yes?)

I think she could fill stadiums again if she made the tickets affordable again instead of expensive tickets to fill small arenas. Sadly she wont do that because LN is all about the money, the last tour showed us that the touring scenario is super hard right now financially. She won t do small simple shows...either she is in her prime.

Madonna is also pushing 60, the last tour was the "arena tour" and god knows even so it was hard to sold out many nights. I think she is about big shows, big lights, lasers, video screens 250 dancers on stage, props and stuff like that, things more fitting on a stadium so is a sticky situation in a struggling industry.

I hate to say it but she doesnt attract the same amount of people as before , unless she comes out with a miraclous new and succesful abum that make people interested again she should stop touring all together for the sake of dignity. Bowie and others at some point decided stop touring because they knew it wasnt the same...the industry is the pits also. She used to cash 300 millions or more per tour now she barelly can land 150 etc. It doesnt worth the hassle.

she should stop touring all together for the sake of dignity.

tumblr_m7pwjp7oEB1qdlh1io1_400.gif

unless she comes out with a miraclous new and succesful abum that make people interested again she should stop touring all together for the sake of dignity.

This is possibly the dumbest statement I've read yet on this forum.

Whatever she decides to do, there will ALWAYS be demand for her to do intimate showcases like Tears of a Clown.

I think she could fill stadiums again if she made the tickets affordable again instead of expensive tickets to fill small arenas. Sadly she wont do that because LN is all about the money, the last tour showed us that the touring scenario is super hard right now financially. She won t do small simple shows...either she is in her prime.

Madonna is also pushing 60, the last tour was the "arena tour" and god knows even so it was hard to sold out many nights. I think she is about big shows, big lights, lasers, video screens 250 dancers on stage, props and stuff like that, things more fitting on a stadium so is a sticky situation in a struggling industry.

I think Madonna's shows are much more suited to arenas than stadiums. Her shows are visual and if you are so far away that you can't see all the dancers and the visual artistic side of it, you really miss out and don't have such a positive experience. Stadium shows to me are much more suited to conventional "rock" artists like the Stones, Billy Joel/Elton John etc, where they just play their hits like the recordings and there's not a lot to see. Sticky and Sweet and MDNA may have grossed a lot by being in stadiums but there were a lot of complaints about the experience and the sound etc. among fans. Whereas RHT there was a real connection with fans and most people left with a very positive feeling.

Also Bowie and a lot of other artists stop touring not because of the money, but because they had health issues and they couldn't take all the traveling required. Madonna is still in great health so I think she will continue touring for a long time to come.

I hate to say it but she doesnt attract the same amount of people as before , unless she comes out with a miraclous new and succesful abum that make people interested again she should stop touring all together for the sake of dignity. Bowie and others at some point decided stop touring because they knew it wasnt the same...the industry is the pits also. She used to cash 300 millions or more per tour now she barelly can land 150 etc. It doesnt worth the hassle.

:madno:

Sorry but this one of the most ridiculous things I've read. ALL her tours until Confessions made less than 150 millions. Would you say she sould have retired earlier? Like "Girl, your DWT only grossed 76 millions, for the sake of dignity you should stop now!" ? :lmao:

Huh.

Okay then. 48 posts and already spreading LIES and negativity. I'm going to have to keep an eye on you.

Now there's a load of BS right there -_- Have you lost your marbless or something. And btw, 170 mil is not barely 150

Huh.

Okay then. 48 posts and already spreading LIES and negativity. I'm going to have to keep an eye on you

I´m not spreading shite...is a forum, a place to share opinions not the fucking scientology monitoring service. Keep all the eyes u want, we are fans not sheeps, we are here to express ourselves. And yes i have only 48 posts so what? What´s the problem with that also? What´s with the religious aproach to the fandom ? I´ve been a fan for 25 years i have nothing to prove to you...it doesnt mean i have to conform by saying what everyone wanna hear or read all the time, i think that´s very opressive.

I don't understand. So, if Madonna does a tour that doesn't become one of the top ten highest grossing tours EVER by any artist, then it's a flop and disgrace to her legacy? On what planet is grossing $170 million a negative thing?? Maintaining $300-$400 million per tour every single time isn't realistic.

I want her to take Tears of a Clown on the road. Alternate the set list some.

Arenas are fine. Stadium shows are only nice for the broadcast/home video recording.

U2 went from the top grossing tour ever to a 150 million dollar tour. Madonna's tour did almost 20 million more with only 5 more shows.

Maybe U2 should stop touring too?

Or maybe...JUST MAYBE this is something artists do to not over-saturate their touring market so that demand is there in the future. It's not rare for this to happen.

If Madonna wanted she could've done stadium shows in South America, Asia, South Africa...so many countries she never went to. Some European countries she never went or was there like 1 time.

She did arenas only this time and it's because her team WANTED it.

I wonder if she'll do a smaller type TOAC theatre like shows next tour (with really expensive tickets)? or another Arena like RH Tour?

I wonder if she'll do a smaller type TOAC theatre like shows next tour (with really expensive tickets)? or another Arena like RH Tour?

I think she will do one more arena tour and the smaller theatre show will be the tour after that!

I think she will do one more arena tour and the smaller theatre show will be the tour after that!

I dont mind either way as long as she comes back to Oz or at least Asia where I can fly to see her again!

NextVR teams up with Live Nation to broadcast concerts in virtual reality

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/4/11589814/nextvr-live-nation-gear-vr-music-gigs

this could be a lot of fun, on stage, back stag, preshow, almost endless possibilities

Wait....

I can 'Live' (not just watching!) shows while staying at home with the Oculus Rift set?!?!?!

*GASP*

Well I already planned to buy one, some games look much better with those than on screen..

Oh god

She used to cash 300 millions or more per tour now she barelly can land 150 etc.

That's because RHT was an arena-only tour. The attendance figures were smaller due to the venue capacity.

I can see her opening the 1st show in Greenland with "Frozen" :dramatic:

She used to cash 300 millions or more per tour now she barelly can land 150 etc.

tumblr_inline_n5f2ml7VSa1sv254k.gif

I'm cutting my wrists now.