MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rebelheart

The Next Tour?

Madonna is all about big spectacles, you must not know her at all if you think she's going to slow down any time soon, just do intimate club shows or stop touring all together,

whats with this need to do stadiums all the fucking time? gosh.. she should do small theatre/tears of a clown type of shows

whats with this need to do stadiums all the fucking time? gosh.. she should do small theatre/tears of a clown type of shows

Small theaters fit only a few thousand people. They make far less money per night than an arena tour. So she won't do theaters. Janet Jackson does theaters lol.

I think she really enjoyed the RHT. So I hope and I think that she does another arena tour. If she does, I think that she will def. go to Asia and Australia again.

She will do more of TOAC and I hope that she goes to many big cities with it.

Small theaters fit only a few thousand people. They make far less money per night than an arena tour. So she won't do theaters. Janet Jackson does theaters lol.

i mean as a mini tour, not to bring in a lot of money. just to show her new work or something different.

An arena tour with less shows in Europe and NA & a South American leg instead

No more stadiums in Europe. Her shows don't work well in stadiums, it gave her a lot of negative press & there is not enough demand to sell out. the market is saturated. Arenas all the way

Stadium venues are nice for live recordings. The reality of being in the audience for one of them is something else.

I think she might streamline her schedule with one night only dates for major cities. Rebel Heart / S&S gave LA only one night. I hate NY gets multiple shows regardless for every tour.

South American fans, can Madonna do Arenas in SA or does she have to do stadiums? Just wondering why she didn't go at all to SA on RH or if she would return again only doing Arena tours from now on?

South American fans, can Madonna do Arenas in SA or does she have to do stadiums? Just wondering why she didn't go at all to SA on RH or if she would return again only doing Arena tours from now on?

We dont really have the concept of arena shows in Brazil

We have very few arenas which are small around 10.000 where the local acts perform and most of then are old, do t know if the have the infrastructure for a M show

Also we dont have seated floor for concerts , it doenst make sense for us

And M can easily fill one stadium date in pretty much everycity where we have the new World cup stadiums.

She didnt come with RH because the economy of the main SA countries Argentina and Brazil are on the trash , with the first starting to recover and the second on a politc crisis

We dont really have the concept of arena shows in Brazil

We have very few arenas which are small around 10.000 where the local acts perform and most of then are old, do t know if the have the infrastructure for a M show

Also we dont have seated floor for concerts , it doenst make sense for us

And M can easily fill one stadium date in pretty much everycity where we have the new World cup stadiums.

She didnt come with RH because the economy of the main SA countries Argentina and Brazil are on the trash , with the first starting to recover and the second on a politc crisis

Thanks for the explanation, hope she goes back next tour but sounds like she'll have to do stadiums then which I think after MDNA she was a bit over doing but fingers crossed!

Guest bluejean

It doesn't matter when she plays because I will be flying to opening night to see her :lol:

God I cannot wait to see her again!

I can see her doing a arena/stadium tour and will go to South America this time.

I also have a feeling she won't miss Asia. There are countries where she could go and countries she did go this tour that could've had more shows if her schedule allowed her to.

I think IF she is over stadiums then South America will miss out again if what "Starman" told me is true!?

I still think she should be something like this :

Europe & North America (20 dates each, limited cities)

Asia & Oceania (20 dates total, more cities in Japan & include South Korea this time)

South/Latin America (15 dates total including new cities in Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Columbia etc)

= 75 shows total.

Guest bluejean

I think she should do 2 separate shows.

1. A crowd pleasing big production arena show with a good helping of hits

2. An intimate show in small venues with more obscure songs a la Tears of a Clown

She can charge a fortune for the latter and do both shows in each city. They can even offer special prices for those of us attending both as part of an ultimate "VIP package."

And I think start the tour in Asia this time, it did better there than anywhere else. South America is a must too on the next tour. I find it hard to believe RHT could not work in stadiums. Of course it could have.

I think too if they charge more reasonable prices they can do Australia again. I imagine the buzz from the RHT will help sales for a new tour.

I think she should do 2 separate shows.

1. A crowd pleasing big production arena show with a good helping of hits

2. An intimate show in small venues with more obscure songs a la Tears of a Clown

She can charge a fortune for the latter and do both shows in each city. They can even offer special prices for those of us attending both as part of an ultimate "VIP package."

And I think start the tour in Asia this time, it did better there than anywhere else. South America is a must too on the next tour. I find it hard to believe RHT could not work in stadiums. Of course it could have.

I think too if they charge more reasonable prices they can do Australia again. I imagine the buzz from the RHT will help sales for a new tour.

Nah thats a production nightmare , 2 venues , 2 shows , security/transport , time wasted in people not working

If anything the TOAC type shows should be something between eras

It doesn't matter when she plays because I will be flying to opening night to see her :lol:

God I cannot wait to see her again!

Becareful! She tends to reschedule her opening nights.

I just want a TOAC type event between eras. Anywhere in the US. Literally anywhere. I already have my separate bank account ready for plane tickets :lol:

Guest bluejean

Nah thats a production nightmare , 2 venues , 2 shows , security/transport , time wasted in people not working

Prince did it. For free!

She'd have to come on early though to fit 2 shows in a night so you're probably right, ain't gonna happen :lol:

Guest bluejean

I just want a TOAC type event between eras. Anywhere in the US. Literally anywhere. I already have my separate bank account ready for plane tickets :lol:

I'm amazed it hasn't happened. It seemed like she would do that but I suppose she's been busy with Rocco, the DVD, planning a new movie etc.

I'm amazed it hasn't happened. It seemed like she would do that but I suppose she's been busy with Rocco, the DVD, planning a new movie etc.

But I think she will definitely do some toac shows again in the future. Maybe after the movie. I could imagine that she does several cities too. I hope so!

I want a huge tour, stadiums, all over the world with huge stage and setlist full of hits. I know many love personal shows, but with some like tears of a clown once in a while I'm more than ok.

I want a huge tour, stadiums, all over the world with huge stage and setlist full of hits. I know many love personal shows, but with some like tears of a clown once in a while I'm more than ok.

I'm not sure Madonna would do this again!?

Is there demand big enough to sell out big stadiums globally again? They were struggling to sell out 2nd nights on arenas this time round let's not forget.....

Depends how her next album is handled, because with another hit on her hands, I have no doubt she could return to stadiums.