MadonnaNation.com Forums
cindycgy

Random Madonna Discussions Thread

@Rock :lol: His Mrs is a HUGE Madonna fan. Thanks for sharing this article :lol:

5 hours ago, Rock said:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/celebrities-icons-who-didnt-exactly-14075109
The celebrities and icons who didn't exactly see eye-to-eye with Manchester

The Material Girl’s first ever UK gig was at the Hacienda in 1984. It was televised live on The Tube, and the bill also featured a Factory Records ‘supergroup’ made up of members of Durutti Column, Quando Quango and A Certain Ratio.

But it wasn’t a happy visit for the Like a Virgin star. In his book Life With my Sister, Madonna’s brother Christopher Ciccone, who was a backing dancer at the Hacienda gig, recounts their time in Manchester. “Usually during Holiday the crowd gets in the mood and starts dancing,” he wrote. “But not this time. They just stand still and watch, faces impassive. Then, suddenly, they start booing and throwing things at us. I’m hit with a crumpled up napkin, Madonna with a roll, Erika with something else. We’re stunned. It’s obvious that this isn’t about music, it’s about us. With cash in hand, we bolt.”

The late Hacienda boss Tony Wilson met Madonna at dinner some time after the gig and mentioned the momentous British debut in Manchester. Madonna reportedly looked him in the eye and said: “My memory seems to have wiped that.”

But later, Joy Division and New Order bassist - and Hacienda joint owner - Peter Hook said, she did recall her trip to the city - saying thieves had ransacked her hotel room. “She had a very jaundiced view of Manchester,” Hook added. “At the time, that was probably about right.” It’s perhaps no surprise then, that it would be another 20 years before Madonna performed in Manchester again.

:lol:

+

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/madonna-gatecrashed-noel-gallaghers-birthday-1116269.html
Madonna gatecrashed Noel Gallagher's 50th birthday bash

The 59-year-old singer-songwriter joined a star-studded guest list that included the likes of Damon Albarn, Russell Brand, Matt Smith and Woody Harrelson at Noel's landmark celebration - but unlike the other guests, Madonna wasn't actually invited to attend.

During an appearance on 'Alan Carr Christmas Chatty Man', the show's host asked why he wasn't invited to the bash and Noel replied: "I didn't do the guest list." The TV star then quizzed Noel about Madonna's appearance at the birthday party. He asked: "The only other person that was invited but turned up was Madonna. Is that true? Did she gatecrash?"

Noel - who celebrated his 50th birthday in May - then explained that Madonna attended the event after she was invited by one of their mutual friends. The 'Holy Mountain' hitmaker recalled: "She wasn't invited but we have mutual friends and someone asked if it was OK if she comes." Although Madonna didn't actually receive an invite to the party, Noel enjoyed her company, saying she was on "good form". Noel said: "I was like, 'If she must'. She was there, yeah. She was on good form."

:lmao:

Interesting to hear the hacienda story. Manchester was rough AF and the cool crowd wouldn't have been impressed by some disco dolly singing a song like holiday. Imagine having been at that gig though and not realising who you were witnessing?

On 12/7/2017 at 3:20 PM, Gus said:

Anyone remember "Santa Barbara"? lol

8:33

Ted was sooo cute

tumblr_npkgnqK8zr1utal19o7_400.gif

I was reading an article about Fiorucci and it claims M's first gig was at the New York store. Christopher worked there as a sales assistant.

It was known as the daytime studio 54.

I never knew why Shanghai Surprise and Who's That Girl? never did great at the box office. The Woman was at the top of her popularity when both were released 

I understand the movies are not masterpieces in any way, shape or form but they aren't nearly as terrible as everybody says they were. I don't get it. I am sure the million of people who bought True Blue that year and Like a Virgin one year before would have loved to see her in the Big Screen

And she looked damn gorgeous in Shanghai Surprise. She had good chemistry with Sean, The setting was very trendy at the time. Who's that girl was hilarious. They should have not flopped!!! Britney's Crossroads had a decent box office performance and now THAT is a stinker

3 minutes ago, babyshower said:

I never knew why Shanghai Surprise and Who's That Girl? never did great at the box office. The Woman was at the top of her popularity when both were released 

I understand the movies are not masterpieces in any way, shape or form but they aren't nearly as terrible as everybody says they were. I don't get it. I am sure the million of people who bought True Blue that year and Like a Virgin one year before would have loved to see her in the Big Screen

That's why Shanghai Surprise was re-titled as "The adventures of Madonna in Shanghai" in some parts of the world, hoping to attract more people to the theaters

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/celebrities-didnt-know-related-royal-family.html/3/
Celebrities You Didn’t Know Are Related to the Royal Family

Madonna is related to Camilla Parker Bowles. The New England Historic Genealogical Society discovered that Madge and Prince Charles’ wife are ninth cousins as they are each descendants from prominent French-Canadians Madeleine Ernard and her carpenter husband Zacharie Cloutier.

:queenbitch:

+

https://www.yahoo.com/music/eminem-revival-makes-billboard-chart-104045792.html
Eminem’s ‘Revival’ Makes Billboard Chart History

Eminem just made history with his recently released studio album, Revival. Following its first-week debut, Em’s album reportedly clocked in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 charts. His latest feat reportedly makes him the first rapper to achieve eight consecutive entries on the charts, according to Billboard. Since Eminem released, The Marshall Mathers LP back in 2000, the rapper has reportedly enjoyed a spot on top. This achievement now ties the Detroit MC with Madonna and U2, although their eight, No. 1 albums were not consecutive victories.

:brenspin:

+

https://whp580.iheart.com/content/2017-12-09-10-animals-who-earn-more-money-in-a-year-then-you-will-in-your-life/
10 Animals Who Earn More Money In A Year Then You Will In Your Life

Forbes should seriously consider adding animals to their millionaires list, because there's quite a few that have earned or inherited the big bucks and deserve some recognition. These 10 animals have so much money, they literally don't know what to do with it.

1. Gunther IV

It's nice to sound like you're from royalty, but it's best when you fit the part. Gunther III inherited an estimated $372 million from his owner, the German Countess Karlotta Lieberstein. Gunther IV now owns a villa in the Bahamas, a mansion in Miami (the one Madonna used to live in), and he eats caviar and steak.

(...)

:blink:

+

http://www.latimes.com/os-bz-kds-music-eminem-nsync-20171226-story.html
Orlando music studio problems plagued Eminem, other artists, lawsuit says

Central Florida’s most storied music studio, KDS Music, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization, citing complaints about mold and lack of air conditioning in a dispute with its landlord in South Orlando. The studio says deteriorating conditions over the past year forced artists like Eminem to buy a supplemental AC unit to finish some work there. KDS also says in a lawsuit that a sound board used to record Madonna’s 1984 hit “Like a Virgin” — “a piece of music history” — was destroyed by mold and mildew.

(...)

:unsure:

+

https://www.forbes.com/sites/annabel/2017/12/28/travel-that-changes-you-my-10-best-adventures-of-2017/#1c73a2637007
Horseback riding on the beach in Comporta

The modern, tranquil Sublime Comporta in Portugal is one of my favorite recent hotel finds. But you don’t go to a place like Comporta to hole up in a hotel. Along with endless beaches, the area brims with the beauty of the Alentejo: cork trees, vineyards and gleaming-green rice fields. Driving is fine, but a better to way to explore is on horseback, on a ride organized by Cavalos na Areia over tree-covered hills, past rice paddies and over sand dunes, and finally along the beach. Owner José Ribeira is so friendly that when my friend asked about buying his weathered gaucho hat (indeed from Argentina), which Ribeira said Madonna had worn on her ride a week earlier, he insisted on giving it to him.

:rolleyes:

+

http://www.post-gazette.com/pets/2017/12/29/dog-names-2017-most-popular-Pittsburgh-Katniss-Khaleesi-Oprah-Nirvana/stories/201712300007
What are the most creative dog names in Pittsburgh for 2017? Check out Krypto the Superdog

Many dogs answer to the names Bella, Lucy and Daisy. Those are the most popular names for female dogs in Pittsburgh and in the entire country. Buddy, Max and Cooper are the top male dog names in Pittsburgh, while the three most popular names nationally are Max, Charlie and Cooper. The 2017 list comes from Rover.com, which calls itself “the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers.” I run dog name lists every year, and the top names don’t actually change that much from year to year or from city to city. But Rover personalized its email to me, coming up with some names and trends that are unique to Pittsburgh.

Most creative names for Pittsburgh dogs: Disco Queen, Indiana Bones, Duke McDribble, Ms. Honey Money Millionaire and Krypto the Superdog. In Pittsburgh, cheese-themed names are up 40 percent and coffee-themed names are up 15 percent. Health food-inspired dog names are down 30 percent. But in Philadelphia, there’s a 74 percent increase for dogs given the name of that healthy green leafy vegetable: Kale. On the less-healthy end of the food spectrum, there’s a 74 percent increase in Philadelphia dogs named Scrapple, which is that mush made from pork scraps with broth made from hog heads and bones.

Rover did come up with some interesting analysis and observations. “Rover dug into its database of hundreds of thousands of pet parents,” according to the news release. “Dominating this year’s national list were dog names that matched the top baby names. Human-inspired names make up a whopping 44 percent of all dog names in 2017,” which is a 57 percent increase from 2016. Rounding out the top 10 female names in Pittsburgh, 4-10, are Bailey, Luna, Sophie, Penny, Sadie, Zoey and Lola. Nationally the names are Luna, Lola, Sadie, Molly, Maggie, Bailey and Sophie.  Male names, 4-10 in Pittsburgh, are Charlie, Jack, Tucker, Duke, Toby, Rocky and Oliver. Nationally it’s Buddy, Jack, Rocky, Oliver, Bear, Duke and Tucker.

At the bottom of the national male list were Mickey (at 99) and Mac (100). Names from television and movie characters and celebrities include Dexter (No. 22), Diesel (38), Thor (49) and Kobe (87). Coming in at 85 is “Peanut,” a rare non-person name. On the female list, Allie was No. 99 and Oreo was 100. People and pop culture names include Layla (35), Athena (58), Jasmine (78) and Xena (98). Old-school dog names include Lady (38), Dixie (43), Princess (46), Honey (61) and Angel (62).

In 2017, 53 percent of dog names came from a celebrity or from characters in a movie, television show or book. That may be because 75 percent of dog owners are millennials, according to the survey. Names from “Star Wars” movies were up 70 percent, with the top five in that category being Finn, Luke, Leia, Rey and Yoda. “Game of Thrones” names increased by 12 percent. The top five are Khaleesi, Snow, Arya, Jaime and Sansa. There was a 21 percent increase in bestowing the name of powerful women, such as Oprah, Madonna and Katniss. And Ivanka? Up 88 percent this year. “Wonder Woman”-themed names were up 44 percent this year. Netflix’s “Stranger Things” also drew some naming fans: Barb was up 182 percent and Eleven up 166 percent. 

Rover.com says ’90s nostalgia is still big, with a 171 percent increase in dogs named Nirvana and a 45 percent increase in Kurt for Kurt Cobain, Nirvana’s frontman. The most popular Spice Girls names, 1-5, were Ginger, Baby, Sporty, Posh and Scary.

:smug:

+

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/12/22/dj-tracy-young/
DJ Tracy Young Celebrates 25 Year Career

DJ Tracy Young has been known as Miami’s Queen of House music for the past 25 years.  She is a pioneer for female DJ’s everywhere since she was the first female spinning music in Miami’s hottest clubs back in the 90’s. Young credits a few big names with her ride to fame; one of them is former Miami nightclub owner Ingrid Casares. “She kind of spearheaded the Tracy Young movement,” she told CBS4’s Lisa Petrillo. “I never expected to take off the way it did and things started happening and I loved the art of DJ’ing and had been told over and over that girls don’t do this, and it kind of fueled me and made me angry and motivated.”

Young then caught the eye of another big superstar. “So you hung out with Madonna?” asked Petrillo. “I did. I mean what do you say, I owe her as much as Ingrid. Ingrid introduced me to Madonna and I wound up DJ’ing her wedding to Guy Ritchie,” she laughingly recalled. “One of first mixes I did was Madonna’s song ‘Music.’ I went under an alias because I wanted people to judge it for the music and not for, ‘Oh it’s a girl.’ I wanted the music to shine.” It shined and so did Tracy Young, playing in clubs all over the world.

(...)

:headbang:

Andrea Riseborough appears in a Black Mirror episode and I didn't know it was her until the credits started rolling, no wonder her face was very familiar, you know, the W.E. chick.

On 12/29/2017 at 4:50 AM, babyshower said:

And she looked damn gorgeous in Shanghai Surprise. She had good chemistry with Sean, The setting was very trendy at the time. Who's that girl was hilarious. They should have not flopped!!! Britney's Crossroads had a decent box office performance and now THAT is a stinker

Who's That Girl IS hilarious. And fits right in when it comes to the wacky 80s comedies. It at least deserved to do quite a bit better.

while it's snowing outside right now, I'm fantasizing about a warm tropical breeze of La Isla Bonita as I listen to The Immaculate Collection!

On 01/01/2018 at 8:59 PM, VogueMusic said:

Who's That Girl IS hilarious. And fits right in when it comes to the wacky 80s comedies. It at least deserved to do quite a bit better.

Totally agree. It’s very funny, it’s cute and madonna was great at it.

On 12/29/2017 at 7:59 AM, Gus said:

That's why Shanghai Surprise was re-titled as "The adventures of Madonna in Shanghai" in some parts of the world, hoping to attract more people to the theaters

What? no way?

There was a question on Jeopardy this week about Madonna’s “electronic album”

Don’t exactly remember the wording. but the answer was “Ray of Light”

None of the contestants knew the answer.😆

Tony Ward on Madonna (Rolling Stone Italy)
http://www.rollingstone.it/pop-life/interviste-rr-style/tony-ward-la-moda-e-il-sesso-oltre-a-madonna/2018-01-05/

You have often worked in the music world. I do not want to talk about Madonna, I think you said enough ...
More than enough! Let's say that music has always been an important part of my life, I know many musicians, I've shot a lot of music videos: it was fun. Consider that in the 80s the models were treated like shit. We were all sitting together, when everything was ready, you came in, played your part and it was over. We made some rods, we were together, it was fun. Then, of course, Madonna was there too, but I also worked hard with others. I'm not obsessed with her, I do not have her records, she's not my favorite singer! (Laughs) But from the first day I saw her I realized that I would know her, somehow.

:dazed:

+

Superintendent announces snow day to students with Madonna-inspired musical number
http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/superintendent-announces-snow-day-students-madonna-inspired-musical/story?id=52160293

Snow, wind, ice and sub-freezing temperatures slammed the Northeast on Thursday, but before the winter storm hit, one school decided to have a little fun. A small school district south of Boston, Massachusetts, thought of a creative way to announce the snow day to its students on Wednesday. Holbrook Public Schools Superintendent Julie Hamilton and her staff showed off their untapped musical talents by writing and singing a snow day-themed rendition of Madonna's hit "Like a Prayer." "We thought we should put our new technology in the school to good use and use it to put a smile on our students' faces," Hamilton told ABC News. "Because we all waited for that snow day call when we were kids," she added. Hamilton said that Principal Mallory Stevens suggested doing a song and the production teacher helped put it together with the entire staff. The group arranged it in about 15 minutes, Hamilton said, and they played the video to all classrooms 10 minutes before the 2 p.m. release on Wednesday. "About a minute into it, you could hear screaming and all sorts of chaotic noise. The kids were laughing, they absolutely loved it," Hamilton said. The school's motto is, "Work hard, play hard," giving the staff a "chance to show [the students] you can have a little fun," Hamilton said.

:rotfl:

On 4/1/2018 at 3:20 PM, cruncher9123 said:

What? no way?

poster-original-de-cine-las-aventuras-de-madonna-en-shanghai-D_NQ_NP_15391-MPE20101213551_052014-F.jpg

600901-MLA20442447464_102015-C.jpg

D_Q_NP_746707-MLA26007426418_092017-X.jpg

I believe "Dangerous Games" was marketed as "Body of Evidence 2" in parts of Asia lol

After watching some RHT performances I wonder why she slowed down dancing so much from MDNA Tour which was just  2 1/2 years before :/ ,  Deeper and Deeper is so weird

2 hours ago, Starman said:

After watching some RHT performances I wonder why she slowed down dancing so much from MDNA Tour which was just  2 1/2 years before :/ ,  Deeper and Deeper is so weird

S&S and MDNAT were both too physically demanding and she was visibly exhausted towards the end of both tours (of course the outdoor venues didn't help either)  Also in early 2015 she said she had stopped doing cardio so obviously her physical stamina wasn't as prepared as the previous eras. I'd love to see RHT with a full blown choreo too but RHT would've ended up a huge mess with Rocco running away and M having to do a physically challenging show.  

this waiting, anticipating for anything...is killing me! Bitch get off the pole and give us something!!

Does Madonna have a sexlife anymore? When was the last time she got laid?

Crazy Madonna comparison but here goes. Saw a report on tv about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle appearing at an event. The excited reporter said it was like a Madonna fan convention with everyone so excited to see Meghan who is like a superstar attraction like Madonna. :lol:

On 27-12-2017 at 4:15 PM, Gus said:

^She (the madonna impersonator) must be the same person as the one from M's bbc omnibus doc. 

I always thought it was weird they used an impersonator in this documentary.. 

10 hours ago, spotlight said:

Does Madonna have a sexlife anymore? When was the last time she got laid?

Yeah i wonder about this too. I hope she is satisfing her needs. Lol

Dominos Pizza is using Holiday in their uk tv adverts. 

51 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Dominos Pizza is using Holiday in their uk tv adverts. 

So finally the licensing part of the live nation deal is starting to work... :IMG_1564: