MadonnaNation.com Forums
cindycgy

Random Madonna Discussions Thread

Gus    0

Geraldo episode "Madonna Madness" (Madonna phones in at 17:20)

Nikki    0

I had a browse/look on youtube and wow, I've seriously HAD IT with people hating Madonna. It's insane. like she's the most hated woman in music. To me, she's in the league of Bowie and the likes.. and when I became a fan she was seen that way. I need her to come back with a brilliant album, enough of the stupid trendy producers, show them how fucking amazing/talented she is. Because this shit right now really sucks!

White Heat    0
1 hour ago, Nikki said:

I had a browse/look on youtube and wow, I've seriously HAD IT with people hating Madonna. It's insane. like she's the most hated woman in music. To me, she's in the league of Bowie and the likes.. and when I became a fan she was seen that way. I need her to come back with a brilliant album, enough of the stupid trendy producers, show them how fucking amazing/talented she is. Because this shit right now really sucks!

I haven't seen as much hate as I've seen a huge lack of knowledge, context, understanding in regards to Madonna. I think this is at least in part because of the current mindset of most people. To anyone looking for something to be offended by (which seems to be the in thing these days), M is a dream come true. She pushes peoples buttons which has always gotten a frosty response but in this day & age it's just amplified.

But I do have the feeling that for some reason people don't want to accept that she is comparable to Bowie or even Prince or MJ & I'm starting to believe that this is likely due to her gender, sadly. Because I cannot see any other reasonable explanation anymore. The reason I think this is because it seems the people who do go out of their way to say hateful things about her are mostly doing so from a place of jealousy. In my experience most of them are stans of other female entertainers & most of them swear up & down that their fave is THE most successful female in music. Knowing damn well they are wrong but unwilling to face the fact.  

Of course there are people who just don't like M, she's not to their taste. But they are usually not the people who are negative about her they are more indifferent & I often find those kinds of people actually do have respect for her.

I suppose it all boils down to whether they want to bury their heads in the sand or not. But they can't change what is fact & they can never take away anyone elses achievements whether they like them or not. 

Nikki    0
36 minutes ago, White Heat said:

I haven't seen as much hate as I've seen a huge lack of knowledge, context, understanding in regards to Madonna. I think this is at least in part because of the current mindset of most people. To anyone looking for something to be offended by (which seems to be the in thing these days), M is a dream come true. She pushes peoples buttons which has always gotten a frosty response but in this day & age it's just amplified.

But I do have the feeling that for some reason people don't want to accept that she is comparable to Bowie or even Prince or MJ & I'm starting to believe that this is likely due to her gender, sadly. Because I cannot see any other reasonable explanation anymore. The reason I think this is because it seems the people who do go out of their way to say hateful things about her are mostly doing so from a place of jealousy. In my experience most of them are stans of other female entertainers & most of them swear up & down that their fave is THE most successful female in music. Knowing damn well they are wrong but unwilling to face the fact.  

Of course there are people who just don't like M, she's not to their taste. But they are usually not the people who are negative about her they are more indifferent & I often find those kinds of people actually do have respect for her.

I suppose it all boils down to whether they want to bury their heads in the sand or not. But they can't change what is fact & they can never take away anyone elses achievements whether they like them or not. 

there's definitely a lot of uninformed people out there, and the monsters/janet/mariah fans sharing their lies/hate doesnt help.

sometimes I think she doesnt fit in the pop world, it's too literal and that's why she's misunderstood. she's too politically incorrect and opinionated for the vanilla crowd but at the same time the anti PC types of people are those who think she's too pop, too britney, too mariah. it's like she doesnt fit in anywhere. But that said and for that reason, I'd like her to experiment again and show why she's so creative and much better than all those pop girls she's associated with, because she doesnt fit in that group of pop girls... I think that's the main problem as well aside from being a woman. I know she'll never be loved as much as say MJ now, but I miss the days of the late 90s, early 00s when there was at least more  love for her and when it was a joy to say out loud and proud that you're a fan. but i think the music and image need a change for that too. it's been years since we had a real reinvention, a new look, a real new theme. anyway, i digress. 

Jazzy Jan    0

Madonna fits into every area of the music world. She is the biggest selling female singer of all time and is loved worldwide by a huge amount of different races, genders and age groups.  I think it is a joy to be a fan of Madonna.  Her music will always be known and loved. 

headonfire    0
On 08/08/2017 at 3:19 AM, Gus said:

This is amazing! I had never seen this. 

headonfire    0
On 30/07/2017 at 6:04 PM, Gus said:

Natgeo's The 80's

The Power of Madonna! No one has even managed to come close.

todsmod    0
On 8/7/2017 at 9:19 PM, Gus said:

Wow!!  I also have never seen that Garaldo episode.  I wanted to slap that snobby so-called Christian girl (and I'm not even gonna start on Mr. Perfect family morals man).  That was rather fun to watch.  Thanks, Gus!!!

Nikki    0

nikki harris was on fire! so many in the audience standing up for M (especially the youth & POC)! that's great to see. sometimes i wish i was born 15 years earlier so i could have witnessed all of the madonna craze

spotlight    0

I just noticed Carlos Leon in the crowd at t=2:51. 

Morevi    0
14 hours ago, Nikki said:

I need her to come back with a brilliant album, enough of the stupid trendy producers, show them how fucking amazing/talented she is. Because this shit right now really sucks!

This!! Something went wrong after the divorce, but nothing is forever :smile:  I believe, her next album will be brilliant. She's more than capable to create something great again. And it seems, she's inspired now.. I think, we'll forget about "ageism on the radio" with her new album  :angel:  Craving for that...

White Heat    0
14 hours ago, Nikki said:

there's definitely a lot of uninformed people out there, and the monsters/janet/mariah fans sharing their lies/hate doesnt help.

sometimes I think she doesnt fit in the pop world, it's too literal and that's why she's misunderstood. she's too politically incorrect and opinionated for the vanilla crowd but at the same time the anti PC types of people are those who think she's too pop, too britney, too mariah. it's like she doesnt fit in anywhere. But that said and for that reason, I'd like her to experiment again and show why she's so creative and much better than all those pop girls she's associated with, because she doesnt fit in that group of pop girls... I think that's the main problem as well aside from being a woman. I know she'll never be loved as much as say MJ now, but I miss the days of the late 90s, early 00s when there was at least more  love for her and when it was a joy to say out loud and proud that you're a fan. but i think the music and image need a change for that too. it's been years since we had a real reinvention, a new look, a real new theme. anyway, i digress. 

I know what you mean. Her art often goes over peoples heads.

White Heat    0
14 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Madonna fits into every area of the music world. She is the biggest selling female singer of all time and is loved worldwide by a huge amount of different races, genders and age groups.  I think it is a joy to be a fan of Madonna.  Her music will always be known and loved. 

To us she fits in. I'm not suggesting that she is unsuccessful, just that she is misunderstood. Mostly by the younger generation who never really witnessed how she became so huge.

Starman    0

So what happened to the HC Gyms? We never had any more openings , I wonder if they are doing well somewhere at least

Kurt420    0

There's a new all 80's radio station in my area and they play so much Madonna.....recently I've heard Lucky Star, Causing A Commotion, Crazy For You, Dress You Up, Open Your Heart, La Isla Bonita, Borderline, Holiday, Live To Tell, Express Yourself, Into The Groove......I think I hear her more than any other artist. It's great to hear her on the radio again, even if it's old songs. 

Gus    0
14 hours ago, Starman said:

So what happened to the HC Gyms? We never had any more openings , I wonder if they are doing well somewhere at least

The ones in Mexico and Chile seem to be doing well...

spotlight    0

I got this from one of the non music related forums I post at. Any idea which madonna video had a Croatian dancer in it?

IMG_7466.PNG

horn    0

Why she keeps burning the bacon?

Mmmmm    0
1 hour ago, spotlight said:

I got this from one of the non music related forums I post at. Any idea which madonna video had a Croatian dancer in it?

IMG_7466.PNG

The Power of Goodbye video. He is a Croatian actor Goran Visnjic who has appeared in ER and other American shows. 

spotlight    0
1 minute ago, Mmmmm said:

The Power of Goodbye video. He is a Croatian actor Goran Visnjic who has appeared in ER and other American shows. 

Oh yeah.  Completely forgot about him... thanks for the info @Mmmmm:kiss2::kiss2:

Mmmmm    0
Just now, spotlight said:

Oh yeah.  Completely forgot about him and thta video... thanks for the info @Mmmmm:kiss2::kiss2:

:kiss2:

spotlight    0
1 INTO THE GROOVE 1 1985
2 LIKE A VIRGIN 3 1984
3 CRAZY FOR YOU 2 1985/1990
4 HOLIDAY 2 1984/1985/1990
5 PAPA DON'T PREACH 1 1986
6 HUNG UP 1 2005
7 LIKE A PRAYER 1 1989
8 TRUE BLUE 1 1986
9 FROZEN 1 1998
10 BEAUTIFUL STRANGER 2 1999
11 VOGUE 1 1990
12 4 MINUTES 1 2007
13 LA ISLA BONITA 1 1987
14 MUSIC 1 2000
15 AMERICAN PIE 1 2000
16 MATERIAL GIRL 3 1985
17 DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA 3 1996
18 WHO'S THAT GIRL 1 1987
19 BORDERLINE 2 1986
20 YOU'LL SEE 5 1995
21 RAY OF LIGHT 2 1998
22 LIVE TO TELL 2 1986
23 JUSTIFY MY LOVE 2 1990
24 DRESS YOU UP 5 1985
25 GAMBLER 4 1985
26 ANGEL 5 1985
27 OPEN YOUR HEART 4 1986
28 DEAR JESSIE 5 1989
29 HANKY PANKY 2 1990
30 SORRY 1 2006
31 DIE ANOTHER DAY 3 2002
32 CAUSING A COMMOTION 4 1987
33 CHERISH 3 1989
34 DON'T TELL ME 4 2000
35 EXPRESS YOURSELF 5 1989
36 THE POWER OF GOOD-BYE 6 1998
37 GIVE IT 2 ME 7 2008
38 THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND 3 1992
39 ME AGAINST THE MUSIC (WITH BRITNEY SPEARS) 2 2003
40 RAIN 7 1993

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/madonna-s-official-top-40-biggest-selling-singles__8266/

VogueMusic    0
On 8/9/2017 at 10:50 AM, Nikki said:

She could create the greatest thing she's ever done in her career, let alone in the history of popular music, and these types will still pick her apart.  It's just the way it is. As a woman nearing 60 in popular music, at this stage in a long, unprecedented career (not wanting to rely on "legacy"), it's just going to be tough from here on out. And she knows it. It's the battle she's willing to fight.

An album done in the way you want (or any of us want) isn't going to change the totality of it. Maybe for a hot minute, and then they will go right back to the bitter bitches they are (as they always do). Even in M's "imperial phase", there was always that other side. Always. The producers of the music have nothing to do with it.

'Comments sections' are basically the bowels of hell...nothing more than the lonely and ignorant screaming out for attention and validation. It gets to me too...but unless there's a massive shift in human psychology and overall culture, it's not changing any time soon (no matter what M puts out). It's as simple as this - stop reading comments sections. Period. Your sanity will thank you. :wink: