MadonnaNation.com Forums
cindycgy

Random Madonna Discussions Thread

Nikki    0

look @ what indie group wavves says about Warner bros records

I’d never come in contact with such a poorly run company in my life. It was anarchy. Nobody knew what they were doing. Turnover rate was like an American Apparel. It was really all cons—unless you’re a cash cow. For everyone else, major labels can’t help you. Maybe at one time they could, but that time is dead.

Isaac    0

Apparently "Your Face Sounds Familiar" is a hit TV show in Croatia. I honestly don't know why, but currently 4th season is being aired.
Famous (I suppose) radio host performed as M last night.

Enjoy! 

Or at least, try to enjoy.

Oh well, play the original 1984 video :inlove:

caba1    0
3 hours ago, Isaac said:

Apparently "Your Face Sounds Familiar" is a hit TV show in Croatia. I honestly don't know why, but currently 4th season is being aired.
Famous (I suppose) radio host performed as M last night.

Enjoy! 

Or at least, try to enjoy.

Oh well, play the original 1984 video :inlove:

that's a famous tv show in Spain and Argentina too. "Tu cara me suena". I remember when some actresses from here (Argentina) performed Hung Up, Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light, Vogue (S&S version), Material Girl.

Here's one of them

tasteinmen    0

Don't know if anybody saw The Nightly Show last night, John Bishop said Madonna would be performing, then reacted the Vogue music video which John playing the part of Madonna.

jaron    0

I am curious about her skin care line

The products look so over the top futuristic....

Can we get those also in Europe ?? I would like to try them

Why is there no DVD rips of the MDNA Tour on Youtube, but rips of all the others? :blink:

Nikki    0

they played living for love @ the Apple Store today and I think I heard material girl in a restaurant tonight 

Gus    0

Joan Allen on SNL in 1998

"VH1 Spirituality Awards"

SNL_Joan_Allen_-_Madonna (1).jpg

1998-11-14-5.jpg

caba1    0

I'm obsessed with this lately. 

Ldxsxmw.gif

Maddylvr    0

Bright Light Bright Light covers Causing a Commotion on new ep Cinematography 2-Back in the Habit

david86    0

On instagram webo1958 is now at the very exciting moments of Cannes May 1991 !!

link41    0

Doesn't anybody think that Madonna could have expanded her acting career after Evita?. And i mean as a serious actress. She was on the right track after the success and acclaim of that film.

Shaun    0
On 3/14/2017 at 0:08 PM, Gus said:

Ugh what a liar. There is no way M would've had the look Kathy explains here in 1987.

Confessit    0
5 hours ago, link41 said:

Doesn't anybody think that Madonna could have expanded her acting career after Evita?. And i mean as a serious actress. She was on the right track after the success and acclaim of that film.

She was 40.

Its already a struggle for established successful actresses post-40 to get decent roles in Hollywood, let alone Madonna as brilliant as Evita was.

Had she of had Evita happend in 1990 she might have stood a chance.

But Evita was a musical. I don't understand why some fans still think directors and producers in Hollywood would be desperate to snap her up following Evita? 

It want the basis for offering her a brilliant serious role....

Gus    0
6 hours ago, link41 said:

Well, she almost made 'Chicago' and then 'The music of the heart'(originally titled '50violins', she was replaced by Meryl Streep).

Madonna plays ‘Chicago’

Apparently not yet tired of bringing Broadway musical roles to the bigscreen, “Evita” star Madonna has signed to star alongside Goldie Hawn in Miramax Films’ screen adaptation of “Chicago.”

Madonna will play Velma Kelly, the tough jailmate of Hawn’s character Roxie Hart. The casting had been anticipated (Daily Variety, April 18).

Miramax acquired screen rights to “Chicago” several years ago, before the revival of the Bob Fosse, John Kander and Fred Ebb musical became a Broadway smash (winning six Tonys Sunday). The film, which was scripted by Larry Gelbart, will be produced by Broadway veteran Marty Richards, whose credits include “The Life,” which took home a pair of Tonys.

Miramax is one of several studios Richards has been talking to about a screen version of “The Life.”

“It goes without saying that Roxie and Velma are two of the greatest roles ever written for musical actresses, and with Goldie, Madonna and the great Marty Richards on board, this promises to be one heck of a ride,” Miramax co-chairman Harvey Weinstein said.

A director for “Chicago” will be announced shortly, Miramax said. Meryl Poster, executive vice president of production, will be the Miramax exec in charge of the production.

Vexed Madonna exits ‘Violins’

JULY 20, 1998 | 12:00AM PT

Material girl walks due to creative schism with Craven

NEW YORK — After spending three months learning to play the violin by the woman she was to portray in “50 Violins,” Madonna abruptly exited the Miramax project on Friday.

She was to begin work in early August starring in the film based on the life of Roberta Tzavaris, the East Harlem violin teacher who overcame a tough divorce and taught the instrument to inner-city kids, some of whom became Carnegie Hall-level fiddlers. That start date seems certain to be scratched even as names of possible replacement violinists like Sandra Bullock and Meg Ryan surfaced. Miramax denied it had made any overtures to other actresses.

A rumor coursed through the Gotham production community Friday that the Material Girl was dropped from the project following a read-through and because of an accumulation of demands she had made that irked director Wes Craven. Those sour notes were met with a chorus of denials from Miramax and Craven.

‘Mutual decision’

In a statement, Miramax co-chairman Harvey Weinstein called the parting of the ways “a mutual decision.”

Craven echoed that sentiment: “Despite rumors to the contrary, this has resulted from genuine mutual creative differences. So although we’ve decided not to go forward on this project, our decision is accompanied by great respect for one another. I have nothing but goodwill and admiration towards Madonna. She is a brilliant artist and her talent and achievements speak for themselves,” Craven said.

Other sources close to the fray backed up that contention, saying that Madonna’s exit was due to irreconcilable differences over how Craven was going to depict the story of Tzavaris. They said Madonna had gotten to know her teacher and her family quite well and couldn’t stomach how different the movie was from her actual story.

More projects in the works

There is little reason to sound the violins in sympathy for Madonna’s lost employment opportunity. Though it’s the second consecutive film she’s ankled (she recently bailed from the indie drama “The Red Door,” which will star Diane Lane), Madonna’s sudden availability has Lakeshore Entertainment aggressively trying to move up a start date on “The Next Best Thing,” the film in which she’s slated to star with Rupert Everett.

Madonna also is producing the screen adaptation of the Jennifer Bell novel “Going Down,” which Christina Booth has scripted and will direct, and which is creating buzz as a hot project with both distributors and young actresses vying to play the NYU student who becomes a prostitute to pay tuition.

In January, Madonna’s set to topline with Goldie Hawn the screen version of the musical “Chicago,” which Nicholas Hytner will direct. The film based on one of Broadway’s hottest tickets has much brighter commercial prospects than “50 Violins,” and it is unlikely that Weinstein would risk a relationship with Madonna built since “Truth or Dare” by allowing her to be summarily dismissed.

http://variety.com/1998/film/news/vexed-madonna-exits-violins-1117478594/

Those where good projects...too bad she ended up doing TNBT...

Dan Gilroy, 69, Madonna's ex, is in the news. Apparently, he dodged a bullet with Madonna, but then, that's also when his career died. 

By the sounds of it, he's been smoking something. Can we expect a book?

caba1    0

Tove Lo talks about Madonna:

Tove says Madonna broke down barriers to allow female artists to express their sexuality, but says attitudes have barely evolved since the 1980s.

"Madonna paved the way - she did all this hard work for us," she says.

"She took so many hits for girls in pop music.

"I feel we're back there again."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39351533/tove-lo-women-are-supposed-to-be-sexy-but-not-want-sex

Let me listen her amazing album once again :inlove:

tove-lo-gq-03-2.jpg

runa    0
On 2017-03-21 at 7:30 AM, Maddylvr said:

:scared:

Gus    0
On 20/3/2017 at 6:16 PM, SPM said:

Ugh what a liar. There is no way M would've had the look Kathy explains here in 1987.

Yeah, thought maybe she's confusing DSS with WTG? Doubtful since they're so different...

She finished shooting WTG in march 1987...

Lolo    0
13 hours ago, caba1 said:

Tove Lo talks about Madonna:

Tove says Madonna broke down barriers to allow female artists to express their sexuality, but says attitudes have barely evolved since the 1980s.

"Madonna paved the way - she did all this hard work for us," she says.

"She took so many hits for girls in pop music.

"I feel we're back there again."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39351533/tove-lo-women-are-supposed-to-be-sexy-but-not-want-sex

Let me listen her amazing album once again :inlove:

tove-lo-gq-03-2.jpg

Women are supposed to be sexy but not want sex.

perfectly put! 👍🏻