White SFSU Student Told His Deadlocks are "Cultural Appropriation"

Guest Rocco Papa

Guest Rocco Papa

This incident occurred at San Francisco State University. Some are saying that the woman was an employee, but the school has said that isn't true.

When will people learn? This social justice warrior BS has gone too far! Cultural appropriation is when a person takes parts of another culture to make fun of it. It's NOT when someone adopts a hairstyle because they like the way it looks. This attitude has infiltrated mainstream media because these idiots have the loudest voices. College students are now getting attacked on campus because of this mindset. How much further will it have to go before people wake up?

in my art school (im talking 10 to 5 years ago) all the art kids had dreadlocks.. and we all knew they were lefty hippies and probably the most cool with other cultures from all "white people". they're attacking the wrong crowd. (just like some of them attacking madonna for not being PC)

and does the black woman even know about her culture? shes probably born in san francisco and had a typical american upbringing. just because you're black it doesnt mean you know about the culture or can "own" it. cultures are meant to be shared (with respect) and apericiated. thats how we grow. how can we learn about different cultures and live in a multicultural society when we are telling people what to do based on their skin color? isnt that making the racist issue a bigger problem? all of this PC nonsense is gonna ruin everything. in a while we cant do anything without getting criticized.

anyway i can go on&on about this. nothing worse than PC SJW tumblr kids. As long as you're being respectful, who are you to say what a person should have on their head? it is a variation on "I can do no wrong, and you can do no right."

aanyone know amandla sternberg? )she is a SJW herself and spreads that sort of message on tumblr all the time as well. (shes the girl in the photoshoot with Lola)

i also hate how trump supporters are using this as an example to win people over.

I am so over this tumblr university generation of complete pansies. They are offended by everything because they want to be, not because they are actually offended. Everyone wants to be a victim these days. It's just ridiculous. And dreadlocks are not only for black people or rastafarians either. :lmao: People need to stop learning history from tumblr. This sort of SJW behaviour is being called out more and more because people have had enough.

Good god this guy kept his cool. If someone grabbed me and dragged me like that, i would have pushed her. Oh and then she's saying you put your hands on me? bitch fuck off.

dont like to be touched aggressively by people that I dont know.

It's just a stupid girl. Thing is she's playing right into Trump and other right wingers game. This video will be on Drudge and other right wing websites in no time and on top of it all she'll probably get death threats for that. She is what we call "une idiote utile" for the right wingers.

I went to see Angela Davis at La Sorbonne in may last year and she talked about these social justice warriors and how conterproductive they were because somebody asked her about the afro she used to wear in the 60's & 70's and how someone like Beyonce was bleaching and straightening her hair and white people wearing corn braids. She said that when you have young men being shot at for being black the way people wear their hair is a rich people's concern and silly.

People who have a problem with this cultural appropriation crap are RACISTS!!!

I love it when people embrace my culture, I do not care if it's for fashion etc , I absolutely love it!!!

It's just a stupid girl. Thing is she's playing right into Trump and other right wingers game. This video will be on Drudge and other right wing websites in no time and on top of it all she'll probably get death threats for that. She is what we call "une idiote utile" for the right wingers.

I went to see Angela Davis at La Sorbonne in may last year and she talked about these social justice warriors and how conterproductive they were because somebody asked her about the afro she used to wear in the 60's & 70's and how someone like Beyonce was bleaching and straightening her hair and white people wearing corn braids. She said that when you have young men being shot at for being black the way people wear their hair is a rich people's concern and silly.

I agree with everything, well written.

People who have a problem with this cultural appropriation crap are RACISTS!!!

I love it when people embrace my culture, I do not care if it's for fashion etc , I absolutely love it!!!

yes

it used to be seen as a way of respect to embrace other cultures!!!! im sure the spanish people love it when M sings about their country and adds their style and the mexican style to it. its done with RESPECT.

How does a white person get dreadlocks? I've always wanted to know.

Lots of teasing, backcombing involved for people with straight hair, not so difficult for people with curly or frizzy hair. Looks like he has some braids though.

yes

it used to be seen as a way of respect to embrace other cultures!!!! im sure the spanish people love it when M sings about their country and adds their style and the mexican style to it. its done with RESPECT.

YES!

Lots of teasing, backcombing involved for people with straight hair, not so difficult for people with curly or frizzy hair. Looks like he has some braids though.

Yeah in the 80's I saw lots of white people with dreadlocks, still see some doing this.

WsIoiNF.gif

CLEARLY, miss thing with the curly bush was wrong as hell for invading that boy's personal space, especially after he tried to walk away from her several times. She (and her girlfriend in the peacoat) went about the situation entirely wrong. Cultural appropriation is real, but what we're not going to do is police what people can & cannot wear on their own heads. Maybe that white boy knows the cultural significance of dreadlocks... maybe he just thinks they look cool. EITHER WAY, it's his scalp. Don't expect him to respect dreadlocks if you can't respect his physical boundaries. My people have bigger issues than some college student's matted follicles.

With that said, there IS a double standard when it comes to hairstyles, especially in the workplace, but that's a topic for another time.

My sister's longtime BF had dreadlocks but they live in the caribbeans.

Once my nephews were old enough to voice an opinion they asked him to cut them off and he did.

It frankly looks stupid on white people and some islands in the Caribbeans forbid people, black or white to wear them because of the cliches that come with it and they want to get rid of. He always had a cap on to hide them for that reason. He is white and blond btw.

Yeah in the 80's I saw lots of white people with dreadlocks, still see some doing this.

I wanted some at one point in the late 80's, but instead I just got some crazy curls :lol:

How it has become something to be offended by if people of the "wrong" colour or culture likes and adopts traits from others is really beyond me. It's a natural human thing, and a good thing to like things/get inspired by each other.

All I know is that if someone will not let me LEAVE and blocks me from doing so, that is considered KIDNAPPING legally. I would've KNOCKED this girl out. She is lucky that didn't happen. Cause I would've LAID HER ASS OUT and caught NO CHARGE :lmao:

All I know is that if someone will not let me LEAVE and blocks me from doing so, that is considered KIDNAPPING legally. I would've KNOCKED this girl out. She is lucky that didn't happen. Cause I would've LAID HER ASS OUT and caught NO CHARGE :lmao:

Lol seriously!!

tumblr_inline_o3e23j0fgR1r92e1w_500.gif

Though I defend their right to wear em'

Of course. Everyone is allowed to dress or wear whatever they want.

We have so much bullshit going on here in France with head scarves...Today the minister of family said that girls wearing head scarves were like american negros being for slavery. Yep she used the word negro (nègre in french) ...a word no one EVER use especially about black americans....so not only the comparison is outrageous but her choice of word is completly ignorant. All that just for a head scarf.....We came to the point were we just can't accept anyone that is not ourself anymore. It's very sad. Let people be and wear whatever they want.

With the way she was going on about him (finally) touching her the once as if it was a big deal, I wonder if her plan was to act like she was assaulted and have her friend back up her story. But the whole thing was caught on tape :lol:

With the way she was going on about him (finally) touching her the once as if it was a big deal, I wonder if her plan was to act like she was assaulted and have her friend back up her story. But the whole thing was caught on tape :lol:

Yep she wanted to get hit. I would've gladly done it too :lmao: