White SFSU Student Told His Deadlocks are "Cultural Appropriation"

Guest Rocco Papa

There's no such thing as cultural appropiation. There's always been influences and things like that.

Just the mere fact that somebody thinks that his/her culture is something that belong solely to them is so absurd. If i want to dress like a Malasian person or like a Ghana person, i have the right because i'm free. if that person feels that i'm cheapening his culture, up to him.

Unless you are being disrespectful, that issue is a retard one.

It's a sad thing, because REAL social justice is a very serious issue...and a lot of the sociological ideas that you see being used by these "social justice warriors" are based on real things. But it has all been so bastardized by the craziest voices that the rational, educated ones are now drowned out. Hell, those who actually paved the way are now "problematic".

Find something to be offended by, throw a tantrum loud enough to get the media on your side, rally the voices like yourself, execute the witch hunt... then go back to your own and pat each other on the back thinking you're the "real" good guys.

That is NOT social justice...that is tribalistic egocentrism.

Identity politics not to educate, inspire and liberate for the greater good...but identity politics to feed one's own narrative as a perpetual victim.

As for 'Cultural Appropriation'...yes, a real thing...but wielding it as some sort of weapon to hunt and shame is not how you go about educating society and enlightening minds. If anything, it's how you completely alienate everyone...and truly, push people away to the opposite side, especially in today's political climate - and that's some scary shit with dire consequences.

And sadly it's been done in the name of liberalism/progressivism. It's the very antithesis of liberal values and progressive thinking. It's nothing more than the new authoritarianism of the far "regressive left"...and that combined with the theocratic moral totalitarianism of the far-right...we end up living in a world of frightening extremes.

I get it. When you become 'woke' to certain realities of this world...it's natural to get pissed-the-fuck-off. But how one manifests that righteous indignation is incredibly important...or you end up becoming the very thing you're supposed to be fighting against.

Because it's easier to fight for stupid issues. They are not dangerous and they give you that cheap thrill of doing something for the world. Just like some people feel better bantering on Facebook about political issues. In fact, they are doing NOTHING.

The real fight is dangerous and can lead you to be unemployed, to not having money to keep being a spolied first world bastard... The real fight is to step and defend your workpal who is being treated unfair. The real fight is to step and confront the man who is treating badly a woman on the street.

Those cunts who are snapping instead of clapping in that video would keep very, very quiet in those situations where they have something to lose.

I'm a Muslim from Malaysia and I'm aware of the fact that Dennis Prager and friends are Zionists, they deny global warming blablabla. But I do share some similarities with their conservative worldview.

I'm not a human rights activist, I'm not a liberal, I'm not progressive.

I don't need your credentials. I already have my own.

Prager's "conservative worldview' created the bullshit that America is facing today; and, the honest terror of someone like Cruz and Trump generates. I don't see the difference.

Guest Rocco Papa

The Young Turks picked up this story. Three of the panelists say they found it "hilarious." Yeah, okay. Someone was being harassed and you find it hilarious??? Of course, because a guy being harassed by a girl can't possibly do any harm right? I bet you they wouldn't have been laughing if the gender roles (or racial roles, for that matter) were reversed. And I know some of you don't like when I say that, but I don't give a fuck. This shit pisses me off.

Ana was the only smart one here. Thank God for her. She's the voice of reason.

I don't need your credentials. I already have my own.

Prager's "conservative worldview' created the bullshit that America is facing today; and, the honest terror of someone like Cruz and Trump generates. I don't see the difference.

Who the hell was giving you "credentials"? God, you sound fucking arrogant. :manson: FUCK your liberal worldview.

America...

Sad thing is those anglo-saxon trends really reach the rest of the world. They start there but wait and pretty soon stupid European and Latin-American or Asian people will start snapping instead of clapping.

Floriduh again? hehe Nah..this sounds like mindset of a lot of dopey millennials in Ameriduh right now :/ Some scary, stoopid shit/characters. I see some dogs in my neighborhood who seem more focused and sharp than those people in this video. Love or hate him *this is exactly what Trump is tapping into...hard. LOTS of people are fed up w/ the comical, extreme absurdity of the PC machine.

Floriduh again? hehe Nah..this sounds like mindset of a lot of dopey millennials in Ameriduh right now :/ Some scary, stoopid shit/characters. I see some dogs in my neighborhood who seem more focused and sharp than those people in this video. Love or hate him *this is exactly what Trump is tapping into...hard. LOTS of people are fed up w/ the comical, extreme absurdity of the PC machine.

Think the spreading social justice warrior ideology people have strong concerns about is even worse in UK campuses. Seems very trivial with some of the policing of language and online media that takes place in UK. It's also reportedly pretty off the charts in Canada, but it's always been a much more liberal country compared to US. .

Also, most everyday folk would not know what micro aggressions and cultural appropriation are, but think it's a strong trend for now which needs to be reported on. Even NY Times and CNN are reporting on these issues all the time.

383P3y-AwQ_rULAr7qM4gtTixrYdp43R2xyxvJhO

Remember seeing a video of her from this snapshot long time ago. She was freaking out in a bad way. It's sad because overly aggressive feminists like her are just as polarizing as people on the other side of political spectrum. It just gets to a point where everybody shuts down and any discussion becomes toxic and impossible.

Remember seeing a video of her from this snapshot long time ago. She was freaking out in a bad way. It's sad because overly aggressive feminists like her are just as polarizing as people on the other side of political spectrum. It just gets to a point where everybody shuts down and any discussion becomes toxic and impossible.

BINGO. You nailed it.

They completely bastardize any real conversation that needs to be had about these issues.

BOOM.

This is exactly what these folks don't realize they're doing. They're pushing fairly rational people (who probably are more progressive than they would give themselves credit for) to the opposite side... and we're going to all suffer for it.

I can't wait for REAL life to hit them.

And it will. Companies are already complaining for years that this generation is by far the most unprepared for a job ever. They are lacking all kinds of skills and mostly social skills. Discipline and stamina. And I can confirm that. I have to deal with these people. It's highly frustrating. Never in my life I had to motivate people to do their work. Think about it, a job they apllied for, a job they get paid for. But instead they check their Instagram and Facebook constantly. To top it all they call in sick all the time. Mostly after a party they went to and of course had to brag about. How stupid can you be? And how rude? Other colleagues, the older ones of course, go to work with a flu, popping pills like crazy to survive the day and only stay home when they are half dead. And they call in sick because they are tired because of a party. Seriously?

And what do schools, colleges and universities do? They adapt to the "needs" of their students? English schools are changing starting times to something around ten or even noon, because "scientists" found out that students are more recpetive later in the day and when they have slept out. A college (I don't remember the name) had to translate Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare in a way how people send text messages because people found the original text too difficult. In an English course! In Great Britain!

And don't even get me started on that snapping or waving thing instead of clapping. Talking of cultural appropriation? Talk to the community of deaf people. They probably want the waving back.

Guest Rachelle of London

Schools in England are not changing start times, the current government are trying to get kids to stay longer at schools and finish at 4:30. Sensationalist left media is just as dangerous as coming from the right

Schools in England are not changing start times, the current government are trying to get kids to stay longer at schools and finish at 4:30. Sensationalist left media is just as dangerous as coming from the right

I saw it on TV recently. There were indeed schools doing that. I guess those were private schools? I did not mean to generalize and say this applies to all schools in England.

The Young Turks picked up this story. Three of the panelists say they found it "hilarious." Yeah, okay. Someone was being harassed and you find it hilarious??? Of course, because a guy being harassed by a girl can't possibly do any harm right? I bet you they wouldn't have been laughing if the gender roles (or racial roles, for that matter) were reversed. And I know some of you don't like when I say that, but I don't give a fuck. This shit pisses me off.

Ana was the only smart one here. Thank God for her. She's the voice of reason.

good that ana has some brains. just let people wear whatever they want. the other girl is fucking annoying.

I love that we're a melting pot and limiting people on saying what to do DIVIDES US

"i dont wanna live in a world where we have to walk on eggshells because we're celebrating other people's cultures"