Explosions at Brussels airport

Guest bluejean

God I am traveling around Europe in a few days. Mainly Germany and then flying home to Australia from Paris on the 4th of April. I'm going through Eindhoven and Luxembourg City though.

Maybe I should fly home earlier?

Nope. Europe is not in threat. right now is about Brussels because the Police arrested people related to the Paris attacks.

I mean we are all in threat but this is Belgium related because of that specific terrorist cell.

Guest Rachelle of London

God I am traveling around Europe in a few days. Mainly Germany and then flying home to Australia from Paris on the 4th of April. I'm going through Eindhoven and Luxembourg City though.

Maybe I should fly home earlier?

You should be fine BJ. Don't fret. The major cities are always on red alert. There would be no point changing your travel plans. Belgium was attacked cos of the guy in Paris attacks. It's revenge

Guest Rachelle of London

Nope. Europe is not in threat. right now is about Brussels because the Police arrested people related to the Paris attacks.

I mean we are all in threat but this is Belgium related because of that specific terrorist cell.

This.

Horrible news.. :(

The death toll has now been raised to 34 (14 at the airport, 20 on the Metro).

At least 140 people have been injured.

Guest Medoner

How terrible is this? But hey, nobody ever said a word about the terrible attacks last week in turkey. Why is that? Poor innocent people...

How terrible is this? But hey, nobody ever said a word about the terrible attacks last week in turkey. Why is that? Poor innocent people...

That's because only western lives matter, media hardly reported the attacks in Turkey.

Hope everyone is safe, truly despise these scums of the earth who terrorise innocent defenceless people.

Attacks on Ankara and Istanbul were reported but news work like this: the more we relate to it, the bigger it is ñ. Every day there are attacks in Iraq. Do Turkey cry each day for them?

Enough with those absurd comparisons. Belgian attack matters more to Europe

I have seen tweets with sympathy from people in Ankara to Brussels. Thats coming together instead of dividing with "points" .

It's also different the nearer the place is to you geographically and the same type of society. But none of us control the big international media.

I might sound biased since I'm european but also as an european citizen I can summerize the reason of our outrage:
1) Europe/western society represents everything these brainwashed people stand against (if they were really religious they woudn't do this!)
2) Belgium is easily the most representive when it come to european unity. So..
3) Attacking such a country strikes us with fear. They focus so much on attacking europeans: the egyptian hotel is a good example
I am not there but I heard that things got calmer now. I really hope!
Of course any terrprist attempt is to be condemned but I can relate much more to these attacks for the points mentioned

My GOD what a day :(

My bf works at the commission and was just about to enter the metro station when the attacks happened. If he would've left 5-10 mins before ... I cannot even imagine.

He called me in tears saying that there is smoke everywhere, people are in panic and lots of blood. I told him to go back home immediately and to stay there which he did

Surreal and insane

I m so sad and I feel terrible. I was just there on the day they caught the terrorist... I cant believe it. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. Tnx god all the ppl I know from Brussels checked on Facebook as safe!