Thank you Manchester. And racist and xenophobic people: FUCK YOU

Some Spaniards were in the tram in Manchester. And some CUNT started his xenophobic slurs. And this happened

This happened to me too when i visited London for the first time. I was a tourist, i was on the bus going to Plimplico where i had my bed and breakfast and some man started to insult me because i wasn't speaking English. Very politely I answered back. Nobody helped me back then, though. All the bus kept silent.

Thank god times are changing and racists and xenophobic people are more isolated. Whenever something like this happens in our cities (it happens everywhere) we have to stand up and comfront.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-9zG9RMpwY

It's some drunken tramp/mental case or whatever Karbatal. He questioned whether or not he was racist against gays. Nobody cares about this flop thread or these boring click bait videos that allow people to get up on their high horses. "Oooooh look at me. I'm so liberal and a social warrior. Of course I buy clothing manufactured by people living in poverty but of course I believe in equal rights." The pathetic disease of today's society is not racism, xenophobia, homophobia or misogyny. It's ignorance and disingenuousness.

It's some drunken tramp/mental case or whatever Karbatal. He questioned whether or not he was racist against gays. Nobody cares about this flop thread or these boring click bait videos that allow people to get up on their high horses. "Oooooh look at me. I'm so liberal and a social warrior. Of course I buy clothing manufactured by people living in poverty but of course I believe in equal rights." The pathetic disease of today's society is not racism, xenophobia, homophobia or misogyny. It's ignorance and disingenuousness.

That's a bit unfair though. Buying clothes manufactured in poor countries shouldn't stop anyone from having opinions. Give me a different alternative to buy clothes then.. Unless I make them myself... what other options do we have? It's not about being liberal or a social warrior. It's about being aware some people - drunk or not- are homophobic or are racist. That HAS to be eradicated from the face of earth.

Maybe if the west governments wouldn't let big corporations exploit poor countries for economical reasons people wouldn't have to buy clothes knowing they're contributing to the distress of other people in poor countries. It's not just about choice. As some people had no choice being born in poor countries. I also didn't have a choice to be born in a country which exploits poor countries. It's extremely unfair to try to silence people based on their governmental system. And guess what? These clothing companies are exploiting us as well. Poor people get exploited in poor countries and rich countries as well. So there!

That's a bit unfair though. Buying clothes manufactured in poor countries shouldn't stop anyone from having opinions. Give me a different alternative to buy clothes then.. Unless I make them myself... what other options do we have? It's not about being liberal or a social warrior. It's about being aware some people - drunk or not- are homophobic or are racist. That HAS to be eradicated from the face of earth.

Maybe if the west governments wouldn't let big corporations exploit poor countries for economical reasons people wouldn't have to buy clothes knowing they're contributing to the distress of other people in poor countries. It's not just about choice. As some people had no choice being born in poor countries. I also didn't have a choice to be born in a country which exploits poor countries. It's extremely unfair to try to silence people based on their governmental system. And guess what? These clothing companies are exploiting us as well. Poor people get exploited in poor countries and rich countries as well. So there!

You are lazy and ignorant. You COULD buy clothes from ethical businesses or you COULD learn to make your own clothes. As it stands you are partaking in latent racism. What you are effectively saying is that you deserve to be richer and live a better life than the people of Bangladesh. Why do you think that's okay? You know that some people in those countries don't have toilets right? Why are you completely powerless and think that every single issue comes down to the government to fix? That's what I call lazy and ignorant.

Oh and what kind of grown adult says 'so there'? Fucking loser.

Guest Rachelle of London

:dead:

He's a drunken twat. You get them all over the world

Oh dear this thread is gold. You can clearly know what kind of people are among us in this forum.

Instead of thinking bad of the person who harass tourist they blame the tourist.

Anyway thank God others think otherwise.

Why do you even try? Don't feed the trolls hahaha.

Guest Rachelle of London

I love the Spanish. Why would a group of Spaniards be in Manchester anyway? Aren't they bored of seeing drunk Mancunians? They have enough of them in Spain :lmao:

Everyone's liberal thinking until they cast a black person in a Disney film :lmao:

:dead:

How ridiculous it is to cast a black person in those days?! Never mind the fire breathing dragons and fairies though. :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

The man is a twat. His actions were twattish. Drunken fool. No tourist should feel uncomfortable visiting other countries. It's good when people stand up for what is right.

Instead of thinking bad of the person who harass tourist they blame the tourist.

I don't think that man's behaviour is acceptable at all, but clearly he's not right in the head. And the fact that somebody filmed this incident and it became news tells you that it's not a common occurrence.

I've lived here most of my life, and the only time I've ever seen anyone confronted on public transport for speaking a foreign language was when tourists from, let's say, a "louder" culture were making a racket on a train and someone politely told them to be quiet, so the noise level was the issue, not the fact that they weren't speaking English. It's just a case of different cultural norms. In the case of this video I think they were just unlucky to be sitting near a nutter.

That was your experience. I tell you that the first time I was in London i was told to "speak English if I lived there". They didn't even know i was a tourist because i was not going with a camera around my neck and a map in my hand. And i was not talking loud.

Sadly, this kind of thing can happen everywhere: Spain, Portugal, France, Germany.... Some people are stupid. Period.

What i liked about the video is that other people, instead of staying quiet, told the man to shut up. I like that and if we all stand up when we see some injustice, those narrow minded cunts will keep silent at last.

What i liked about the video is that other people, instead of staying quiet, told the man to shut up. I like that and if we all stand up when we see some injustice, those narrow minded cunts will keep silent at last.

Amen! :clap:

I was almost fired from my job for standing up for a Jewish man that was taking the brunt of bigoted slurs for NO reason at all. I was the ONLY one who spoke and started shouting down this bigoted woman who was spouting bullshit. I did say some harsh things to her but at that point I didn't care. The Jewish man heavily thanked me for standing up for him.

I was pulled into the managers office and was told that if this woman called corporate there was nothing they could do to "save" me. She didn't though. I mean what would she say? That she was spouting hate toward someone and one of your employees stepped in to stick up for him?

Even AFTER the fact I had friends and family tell me that I should have stayed quiet and that losing my job isn't worth it. I was like WHAT!!!!!?? What is WRONG with you people with NO backbone!? It was that day I made it a point to NEVER back down in any situation when I see bigotry of any form in front of my face. Job or no job. I couldn't sleep at night knowing I just sat back like everyone else and did nothing.

Amen! :clap:

I was almost fired from my job for standing up for a Jewish man that was taking the brunt of bigoted slurs for NO reason at all. I was the ONLY one who spoke and started shouting down this bigoted woman who was spouting bullshit. I did say some harsh things to her but at that point I didn't care. The Jewish man heavily thanked me for standing up for him.

I was pulled into the managers office and was told that if this woman called corporate there was nothing they could do to "save" me. She didn't though. I mean what would she say? That she was spouting hate toward someone and one of your employees stepped in to stick up for him?

Even AFTER the fact I had friends and family tell me that I should have stayed quiet and that losing my job isn't worth it. I was like WHAT!!!!!?? What is WRONG with you people with NO backbone!? It was that day I made it a point to NEVER back down in any situation when I see bigotry of any form in front of my face. Job or no job. I couldn't sleep at night knowing I just sat back like everyone else and did nothing.

Great!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

It's not easy to stand up many times. At work we fear we may lose our job. On the street, we fear we may end up beaten up. At school, we fear we will be bullied too. It takes guts to stand up and you were very brave.

The thing is once somebody stands up, others follow. You only need one brave person (in case the scenery is dangerous or you have something to lose) for the rest to follow.

Well luckily this isn't normal here. I speak in Spanish all the time on transport in Manchester with big groups of Spanish friends or with individuals and no one ever says anything. We're a really diverse city and we have people from EVERYWHERE across the world. It's completely normal to hear different languages all round the city. It's just a shame that a few people are still narrow minded as hell... but that's your typical BNP, anti-Europe voter for you.

Guest Rachelle of London

Well luckily this isn't normal here. I speak in Spanish all the time on transport in Manchester with big groups of Spanish friends or with individuals and no one ever says anything. We're a really diverse city and we have people from EVERYWHERE across the world. It's completely normal to hear different languages all round the city. It's just a shame that a few people are still narrow minded as hell... but that's your typical BNP, anti-Europe voter for you.

I actually thought of you when I was reading this thread.

I actually thought of you when I was reading this thread.

Ha, I hope that's a good thing! It's shit because you see this type of thing in the news every so often and it really misrepresents the city. Living here is completely different to what you see in the media. It isn't a great place but it's not like it's made out to be.

Guest Rachelle of London

Ha, I hope that's a good thing! It's shit because you see this type of thing in the news every so often and it really misrepresents the city. Living here is completely different to what you see in the media. It isn't a great place but it's not like it's made out to be.

Haha I remember the discussion about Manchester show and Spain. Manchester is a wonderful vibrant city. 4 of my close friends have relocated there from London in 2015 alone.

Haha I remember the discussion about Manchester show and Spain. Manchester is a wonderful vibrant city. 4 of my close friends have relocated there from London in 2015 alone.

Haha yeah that was... well that happened. Seriously?? People always say how much they like it here but I don't understand but I suppose I'm bored of it because I've lived here so long. The grass is always greener, etc. It's just too small for me.

As i said in the first post, this could happen everywhere. The video is from Manchester, but it could have been filmed in Barcelona or Milan.

I got that bad experience in London, but it could have happened to me in Germany when i started living there. Or anybody if he/she starts living in Madrid.

that´s the most important thing on the video.A thing that still doesn´t happen everywhere.I can´t see people going against the racist here in the basque country.Most of the people would be agiants tha racist, but quiet as a whore

Never go to France hahaha.

I have never had problems while on France, but, I´ve heard a lot of french people saying bad things to people from other countries, especially to people from the east of europe. Again, same thing happens in the Basque country.