American 2016 Presidential Election thread part three

If there will an independent bid and it becomes Clinton vs. Trump vs. Independent... that would be a greater chance for Hillary to win right?

Yes. That's the problem with Republicans, these days. They are divided and it hurts them.

They are saying that top republicans are desperately trying to find someone to run as an Independent and if they can have this person win at least 5 big states they can make it so that no one gets the 270 electoral votes needed to win the election and it would be left up to Congress (is that right?) to decide who wins. This election HAS to be one of the craziest we have ever seen .

This is golden though. "Lady Trump". :lmao:

Also, national polls aren't the best indicator of votes. E.g. Democratic primary national polls showing Clinton & Sanders are close, but when it comes to how people have voted Hillary is beating Bernie by a landslide 15%.

National polls don't mean much this far out. Plus, we don't elect a President by popular vote. The only things that matter are the electoral votes from the swing states.

National polls don't mean much this far out. Plus, we don't elect a President by popular vote. The only things that matter are the electoral votes from the swing states.

At least the popular vote tends to always be on the side of the actual winner since its only happened 4 times in our history where the loser had more votes...

The last time being Bush vs Gore....And we all know what a mess that election was.

Trump and Hillary are tied in Georgia of all places right now. Georgia! He is such a flop.

That's funny that this poll just came out because I was just reading an article the other day how Trump is so toxic he could turn a red state like Georgia blue.

Guest Mauro

I can't wait to see who's gonna run with him. He's pissed off everyone, and everyone who's run, sans Chris Crisco, is on tape trashing him. He just came out today saying that he was a supporter of women. This is the same idiot who said that women who have abortions need to be punished.

Guest Mauro

GOP Reportedly Telling Candidates They Are Free To Skip Convention

jkp35mso6ihrjlatwnjh.jpg

An official at the National Republican Senatorial Committee told lobbyists and donors on Thursday that candidates are welcome to skip the Republican convention in July and instead focus on their own races, according to a New York Times report citing anonymous sources.

The Times reported:

In a new sign of the Republican Party’s reservations about Mr. Trump, the top strategist in charge of defending Republican control of the Senate said in a briefing for lobbyists and donors on Thursday that the party’s candidates should feel free to skip the nominating convention in Cleveland in July.

The strategist, Ward Baker, the executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said conventions were a distracting spectacle every four years, according to two people who attended the briefing, and who spoke on the condition of anonymity about the private session. Mr. Baker, the attendees said, told Republican lawmakers that they would be better off talking to voters in their home states.

A spokeswoman for the NRSC, Andrea Bozek, told the Times that each campaign can make its own decision about attending the convention.

The reported comments from the NRSC show that Republicans are painfully aware of the potential negative impact Donald Trump's place at the top of the ticket could have on important House and Senate races in November. Numerous vulnerable Republican lawmakers up for re-election in 2016, including Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL), have said that they will skip the July convention.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nrsc-candidates-skip-convention

GOP Reportedly Telling Candidates They Are Free To Skip Convention

jkp35mso6ihrjlatwnjh.jpg

An official at the National Republican Senatorial Committee told lobbyists and donors on Thursday that candidates are welcome to skip the Republican convention in July and instead focus on their own races, according to a New York Times report citing anonymous sources.

The Times reported:

In a new sign of the Republican Party’s reservations about Mr. Trump, the top strategist in charge of defending Republican control of the Senate said in a briefing for lobbyists and donors on Thursday that the party’s candidates should feel free to skip the nominating convention in Cleveland in July.

The strategist, Ward Baker, the executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said conventions were a distracting spectacle every four years, according to two people who attended the briefing, and who spoke on the condition of anonymity about the private session. Mr. Baker, the attendees said, told Republican lawmakers that they would be better off talking to voters in their home states.

A spokeswoman for the NRSC, Andrea Bozek, told the Times that each campaign can make its own decision about attending the convention.

The reported comments from the NRSC show that Republicans are painfully aware of the potential negative impact Donald Trump's place at the top of the ticket could have on important House and Senate races in November. Numerous vulnerable Republican lawmakers up for re-election in 2016, including Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL), have said that they will skip the July convention.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nrsc-candidates-skip-convention

:lmao: What a MESS. :lmao:

And I can not wait until our state PURGES Chris Christie. I knew electing him once was going to be bad enough, but TWICE!? He has been a disaster and his poll numbers which are now down into the 20s prove it.

The same mentality of people that supported Christie so hard is the same mentality of people that support Trump. They like blow hard bullies who can't govern for shit.

What do you think guys, who will be Trump's VP?

I think it's either Christie or a blond bimbo :chuckle:

Guest Mauro

Palin will work to defeat Ryan in primary for Trump stance

sarah-palin-interview-via-youtube_702233

Washington (CNN) Sarah Palin will work to defeat House Speaker Paul Ryan by backing his primary opponent in Wisconsin, the former Alaska governor told CNN's Jake Tapper.

Palin said in an interview that airs Sunday on "State of the Union" that her decision was sparked by Ryan's bombshell announcement to Tapper last week that he wasn't yet ready to support Donald Trump, the Republican presumptive nominee. Palin endorsed Trump back in January.
"I think Paul Ryan is soon to be 'Cantored,' as in Eric Cantor," Palin said, referring to the former Republican House majority leader who was ousted in a shocking upset in 2014 when challenger Dave Brat ran to his right in a Virginia primary.
"His political career is over but for a miracle because he has so disrespected the will of the people, and as the leader of the GOP, the convention, certainly he is to remain neutral, and for him to already come out and say who he will not support is not a wise decision of his," Palin continued.
Ryan's announcement highlighted a deepening rift in the party over Trump, as several party elders have vowed to skip the GOP convention in July and not vote for the real estate magnate, while others say they'll back Trump out of party loyalty and a desire to block Hillary Clinton from reaching the White House.
Palin speculated that Ryan's announcement was driven out by a desire to seek the White House in 2020.
"If the GOP were to win now, that wouldn't bode well for his chances in 2020, and that's what he's shooting for," Palin said.
Ryan, who has repeatedly ruled out a 2016 bid, has not publicly commented on whether he'll seek the White House in 2020. But he told CNN's Dana Bash in October that if he were to ever seek the presidency, 2016 would have been his year to do so.
Ryan's primary opponent, Paul Nehlen, endorsed Trump soon after Ryan's announcement last week. Palin told Tapper that although she hasn't yet informed Nehlen that she's endorsing him, "I will do whatever I can for Paul Nehlen."
"This man is a hard-working guy, so in touch with the people," Palin said. "Paul Ryan and his ilk, their problem is they have become so disconnected by the people whom they are elected to represent."
She added: "They feel so threatened at this point that their power, their prestige, their purse will be adversely affected by the change that is coming with Trump and with someone like Paul Nehlen, that they're not thinking straight right now."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/sarah-palin-paul-ryan-paul-nehlen-endorsement/

Interesting to note that Hillary's current general election polling, especially amongst most demographics, is higher than Obama's 2012 vote results in states/demographics.

I think what is holding Hillary back the most is the investigation she is under. I HOPE REALLY soon they come down with a decision that there is nothing to see here, and she is free to go. To me this will be when the floodgates hopefully open and it puts a lot more people at ease with throwing their support behind her.

The Benghazi shit never stuck because it is total and complete bullshit and most outside of Fox News viewers were like :YAWN: about the whole thing which they have been trying to make happen for years now.....But I think the email thing has hurt her in many ways just for the simple fact that it does feel like this dark cloud looming over her head. Hopefully soon it will be put to rest for good.

I want a MEGA landslide election. A tsunami with turns both branches of congress back over to the dems. Oh how wonderful that would be.

Palin will work to defeat Ryan in primary for Trump stance

sarah-palin-interview-via-youtube_702233

Washington (CNN) Sarah Palin will work to defeat House Speaker Paul Ryan by backing his primary opponent in Wisconsin, the former Alaska governor told CNN's Jake Tapper.

Palin said in an interview that airs Sunday on "State of the Union" that her decision was sparked by Ryan's bombshell announcement to Tapper last week that he wasn't yet ready to support Donald Trump, the Republican presumptive nominee. Palin endorsed Trump back in January.
"I think Paul Ryan is soon to be 'Cantored,' as in Eric Cantor," Palin said, referring to the former Republican House majority leader who was ousted in a shocking upset in 2014 when challenger Dave Brat ran to his right in a Virginia primary.
"His political career is over but for a miracle because he has so disrespected the will of the people, and as the leader of the GOP, the convention, certainly he is to remain neutral, and for him to already come out and say who he will not support is not a wise decision of his," Palin continued.
Ryan's announcement highlighted a deepening rift in the party over Trump, as several party elders have vowed to skip the GOP convention in July and not vote for the real estate magnate, while others say they'll back Trump out of party loyalty and a desire to block Hillary Clinton from reaching the White House.
Palin speculated that Ryan's announcement was driven out by a desire to seek the White House in 2020.
"If the GOP were to win now, that wouldn't bode well for his chances in 2020, and that's what he's shooting for," Palin said.
Ryan, who has repeatedly ruled out a 2016 bid, has not publicly commented on whether he'll seek the White House in 2020. But he told CNN's Dana Bash in October that if he were to ever seek the presidency, 2016 would have been his year to do so.
Ryan's primary opponent, Paul Nehlen, endorsed Trump soon after Ryan's announcement last week. Palin told Tapper that although she hasn't yet informed Nehlen that she's endorsing him, "I will do whatever I can for Paul Nehlen."
"This man is a hard-working guy, so in touch with the people," Palin said. "Paul Ryan and his ilk, their problem is they have become so disconnected by the people whom they are elected to represent."
She added: "They feel so threatened at this point that their power, their prestige, their purse will be adversely affected by the change that is coming with Trump and with someone like Paul Nehlen, that they're not thinking straight right now."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/sarah-palin-paul-ryan-paul-nehlen-endorsement/

It's amazing how Palin supported these people hard as hell as they were part of the "Tea Party" crowd, and now that they are in office they are like, "You know what. These guys aren't crazy enough. We need to get someone even MORE CRAZY in there!!!!"

These people will in fact be the death of the GOP. The party is already extreme right, and they want them to go MORE extreme. :lmao:

Guest Mauro

I think what is holding Hillary back the most is the investigation she is under. I HOPE REALLY soon they come down with a decision that there is nothing to see here, and she is free to go. To me this will be when the floodgates hopefully open and it puts a lot more people at ease with throwing their support behind her.

The Benghazi shit never stuck because it is total and complete bullshit and most outside of Fox News viewers were like :YAWN: about the whole thing which they have been trying to make happen for years now.....But I think the email thing has hurt her in many ways just for the simple fact that it does feel like this dark cloud looming over her head. Hopefully soon it will be put to rest for good.

I want a MEGA landslide election. A tsunami with turns both branches of congress back over to the dems. Oh how wonderful that would be.

CNN Reports FBI Has Found ‘No Criminal Wrongdoing’ in Hillary Clinton Email ‘Investigation’

May 6, 2016

For all those Hillary Clinton opponents who have been hoping against hope that the likely Democratic presidential nominee will be indicted as a result of the FBI review of Hillary’s email server, CNN has some bad news. According to CNN correspondent Pamela Brown, the FBI is close to wrapping up the “investigation,” and thus far have found “no criminal wrongdoing”:

It sounds like they’re really just waiting for Hillary Clinton to be interviewed so they can wrap things up, but if Republicans and Bernie Sanders and the media are counting on Hillary Clinton to suddenly crack under questioning, they haven’t been paying attention.

The interviews, we’re told, are focused on whether classified information was mishandled, and the security of the server. So far officials tell us, no, there is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing at this point in the investigation, but, again, the investigation is not over.

Now, I know many of you are probably wondering what makes this report different from all the other Emailgate reports that people like me dismiss, and it is a good question. The answer is in the attribution, as found in CNN’s online report, which is curiously headlined to ignore the newsworthy exculpatory finding:

If you look at the reporting that has later been debunked, like the 147 FBI agents that were working on the case who turned out to be 12 guys and maybe some interns, the sourcing is always a thinly-veiled attribution that translates to Republican leaks. This is different. A news editor would be hard-pressed to allow a reporter to describe Republican lawmakers and aids as “US officials.”

Some of Hillary Clinton’s closest aides, including her longtime adviser Huma Abedin, have provided interviews to federal investigators, as the FBI probe into the security of her private email server nears completion, U.S. officials briefed on the investigation tell CNN. The investigation is still ongoing, but so far investigators haven’t found evidence to prove that Clinton willfully violated the law the U.S. officials say.

In recent weeks, multiple aides have been interviewed — some more than once, the officials said. A date for an FBI interview of Clinton has not been set, these officials said, but is expected in the coming weeks. Abedin has cooperated with the probe, the officials said. Lawyers for Abedin declined to comment. The officials say the interviews of Clinton and her aides would be a routine part of an investigation like this.

What that means is that this is likely an agency leak, likely from the State Department, which does carry its own baggage, but which is heaps more credible than a leak from Trey Gowdy.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-reports-fbi-has-found-no-criminal-wrongdoing-in-hillary-clinton-email-investigation/

^ I read that also but I want it to be 100% official. Like HEADLINES saying we are done and there is NOTHING to see here. They said they have to interview Clinton soon to make sure her stories are in line with what aids have told the FBI.

Get your interview done and over with Hillary so this case can be shut for good. Cant happen soon enough in my eyes.

Guest Mauro

The Church Lady returns! Of course she has to take on Madonna's MET Gala outfit first before taking aim at Trump and Satan: Ted Cruz! lmao.

Interesting to note that Hillary's current general election polling, especially amongst most demographics, is higher than Obama's 2012 vote results in states/demographics.

She's just too hawkish for me. I'm glad they approve.

No babe. If she wins I hope it's the lowest win in history.

Guest Mauro

13139271_10153660016172183_1273229526303

'Women, You Have to Treat Them Like Shit': New Ad Highlights Trump's Statements on Women

A new television ad aims to do the unthinkable: Use Donald Trump's words against him and actually make an impact.

The advertisement features several actresses reading quotes that Trump has made about women, including this excerpt from a 1992 New York magazine interview: "Women, you have to treat them like shit."

Several of the quotes were taken from Trump's many interviews on The Howard Stern Show, which were compiled by BuzzFeed last month. They include calling Nicollette Sheridan "flat-chested" and saying she could never "be a 10" and essentially describing Princess Diana as hot but "crazy". A woman in the ad also quotes Trump telling Stern: "I like kids. I mean, I won't do anything to take care of them. I'll supply the funds and she'll take care of the kids."

After reading a deluge of Trump quotes, the women in the ad sum up: "This is how Donald Trump talks about our mothers, our sisters, our daughters. If you believe America deserves better, vote against Donald Trump."

The ad ran on national cable networks on Monday and Tuesday. It was put together by Our Principles PAC, a super PAC that isn't backing any particular candidate in 2016, but is simply anti-Trump. The group was founded in January by Mitt Romney's former deputy campaign manager, Katie Packer.

The group has released a flurry of ads in recent weeks, including another spot highlighting the violence at recent Trump events and the allegations that his campaign manager assaulted a reporter. "Donald Trump is too reckless and dangerous to be president," the ad concludes.

Video Appears to Show Trump Campaign Manager Reaching for Reporter Who Accused Him of Assault

That ad is running on national cable, as well as in Florida, which will vote in the Republican primary Tuesday. The ads are getting a lot of media attention, giving them even broader play than Our Principles PAC paid for. But Trump may not mind, given one of his other lines excerpted in the "Quotes" ad: "You know it really doesn't matter what they write as long as you have a young and beautiful piece of ass."

https://news.vice.com/article/women-you-have-to-treat-them-like-shit-new-ad-highlights-trumps-statements-on-women

That ad is from months ago.

I will defend some of these comments from Trump. (Fucking hell I am about to defend Trump) as the article said most of them were taken when he was on The Howard Stern Show, and you know what they say....When in Rome.....
THAT being said, if Obama was EVER on record of saying ANY of these things he would have never made it close to The White House door. The level of hypocrisy and disconnect people on the right have when it comes to what they demand out of others in terms of their moral and ethical standards, compared to what they are totally fine and willing to accept from one of "their own" boggles my mind.
"What is that? Good family values warrior Sarah Palin has a daughter that has had two kids out of wedlock by two different men? Eh. Whatever. I can look past it."
(In an alternate reality what these same people would say in this situation......)
"OMG!!! ONE OF OBAMA'S DAUGHTERS IS PREGNANT OUT OF WEDLOCK!!!!!!!?? SHOWS YOU WHAT EVIL SHITTY ASS PARENTS THEY ARE!!!! RAISING GHETTO ASS HEATHEN KIDS!!!!!"

^ what a bad, embarrassing ad for whoever made it.

:rotfl:

:lmao:

"Vote against Donald Trump..." that U.S. politics in a nutshell, Donald Trump is so fucking awful that you might as well vote for the other one :lmao: