American 2016 Presidential Election thread part three

Laura was always a closet liberal so that doesn't surprise me one bit. She always distanced herself from her husband and made a point to not comment on/meddle in any political matters during his administration.

Yes. She comes from a Democratic Party family. Furthermore, she told George to quit using Gay marriage as a divisive platform (even when Turdblossom Carl Rove wanted to).

I can't with you guys one page ago talking about Quailified-gate "this is the end of Bernie's career" :dead: I've posted endless shit that Hillary does and reasons why I refuse to vote for her, all of which gets ignored, and you guys act like Bernie is a monster because he RESPONDED to Clinton insinuating that he's not qualified :lmao:

I can't with you guys one page ago talking about Quailified-gate "this is the end of Bernie's career" :dead: I've posted endless shit that Hillary does and reasons why I refuse to vote for her, all of which gets ignored, and you guys act like Bernie is a monster because he RESPONDED to Clinton insinuating that he's not qualified :lmao:

She never insinuated such a thing. She simply said that wasn't for her to say - that's for the American people to decide, which is true. He's the one that took an overly-defensive and aggressive position against her.

He said, if you're going to say that I'm not qualified because you think my ideas are idealistic then you're not qualified because a) b) c) and d). Get over your fucking self. Go suck her dick.

NO! you dont get it! he said he will run a positive campaign and will not say anything negative about Hilary but now that he did. he lost his position and what he stands for. so therefore Hiliary is the right choice for the candidate.

saying that she is not qualified is the worst thing someone can say about someone. hes so negative and unqualified to be president.

Who would be Hilary's VP and who would be Bernie's?

I think Hillary might pick Julian Castro from Texas. Bernie (if he somehow won) would likely pick Keith Ellison (Minnesota Democrat), Sherrod Brown (Ohio) or Tom Perez (Sec. of Labor). There are not many women to choose from and I suspect all but Warren are pushing Hillary. Warren for a VP slot is ridiculous, although she does share many of Sanders' positions. VP is actually a relatively powerless position, and Warren has more impact by staying in the Senate.

Ellison is relatively young (52) compared to Sanders, is African-American and Muslim. This would be a dream ticket for those wishing for Utopia = A Jew & A Muslim running together. It would be a radical thing for American politics and that ideology seems to appeal to Sanders.

Sherrod Brown is a well-known, strong progressive and hails from a swing state (Ohio). He's also a white male, and that would be a pretty white ticket for a party that encompasses most of the minorities in the U.S.

Tom Perez is Latino and would add some diversity to Sanders' platform. He's actually not that well known, but he's smart as a whip and has overseen the labor recovery during Obama's term. He'd be a dark horse selection, but a wise pick (even for Hillary). However, his lower profile adds less star power to the ticket.

Those are my guesses. We will never know, however, as Bernie isn't going to win the nom.

I think Hillary might pick Julian Castro from Texas. Bernie (if he somehow won) would likely pick Keith Ellison (Minnesota Democrat), Sherrod Brown (Ohio) or Tom Perez (Sec. of Labor). There are not many women to choose from and I suspect all but Warren are pushing Hillary. Warren for a VP slot is ridiculous, although she does share many of Sanders' positions. VP is actually a relatively powerless position, and Warren has more impact by staying in the Senate.

Ellison is relatively young (52) compared to Sanders, is African-American and Muslim. This would be a dream ticket for those wishing for Utopia = A Jew & A Muslim running together. It would be a radical thing for American politics and that ideology seems to appeal to Sanders.

Sherrod Brown is a well-known, strong progressive and hails from a swing state (Ohio). He's also a white male, and that would be a pretty white ticket for a party that encompasses most of the minorities in the U.S.

Tom Perez is Latino and would add some diversity to Sanders' platform. He's actually not that well known, but he's smart as a whip and has overseen the labor recovery during Obama's term. He'd be a dark horse selection, but a wise pick (even for Hillary). However, his lower profile adds less star power to the ticket.

Those are my guesses. We will never know, however, as Bernie isn't going to win the nom

Is that already set in stone?

Yep. Hillary will be the Dem nominee.

The fun will happen on the Republican side. It will most likely be Trump/someone or Ryan/Kasich. Cruz is a useful idiot to stop Trump. Everything on the other side will implode if Trump isn't the nominee, lol.

Guest Mauro

Too bad the Secret Service won't be allowing guns into the RNC like Republicans were demanding. There would be a shootout by Donald Trump's supporters when he's denied the nomination on the convention floor and they know it. It's going to be one for the history books regardless as there will be no clear winner going in and Trump is hated beyond belief. It's going to be a fucking circus. As long as Bernie's supporters don't stage some bullshit protest, the sideshow that is likely to take place at the GOP convention and be put on display for all the world to see should put a Democrat in the White House next year with no problem.

The supporters should force the Republican politicians to support having guns at the convention.

Republican politicians are happy to have them in church and bars (where people get drunk :manson:)... why not at the convention? Someone start a petition. :1251:

The RNC will be really entertaining to watch! :lmao:

They will probably nominate Cruz but Trump will run as an independent, and Hillary will win with a big margin.

Guest Mauro

Trump already said he'll run as an Independent if he doesn't get it... as well as believing that there will be riots if he's denied the nomination. Grab the popcorn.

The best was yesterday - his own kids aren't registered to vote, so they can't vote for him.

Bernie's holding a massive rally in Washington Square Park today - which is essentially the NYU campus. I was on my to class, wearing my Hillary button as I always do and minding my own business when a group of Bernie supporters began harassing me and calling me "disgusting" and that I should be ashamed for voting for "that evil bitch." They followed me down the block laughing at me. I did NOTHING to provoke them. I was looking down at the ground, with my headphones in, walking to class on my own college campus. This kind of behavior is disgusting. And it wasn't just 2 or 3 people, it was 10-15, ADULTS picking on a 20 year old college student. I'm appalled and disheartened that the left wing is so divided and fractured. I can't deal with this election anymore - I'm fed up.

yes it is...It's impossible. After her NY and Pennsylvania wins it's done within 2 weeks. It's done now even if Hillary loses all the remaining states.

Yep. Hillary will be the Dem nominee.

The fun will happen on the Republican side. It will most likely be Trump/someone or Ryan/Kasich. Cruz is a useful idiot to stop Trump. Everything on the other side will implode if Trump isn't the nominee, lol.

I see, thanks

Bernie's holding a massive rally in Washington Square Park today - which is essentially the NYU campus. I was on my to class, wearing my Hillary button as I always do and minding my own business when a group of Bernie supporters began harassing me and calling me "disgusting" and that I should be ashamed for voting for "that evil bitch." They followed me down the block laughing at me.

I did NOTHING to provoke them. I was looking down at the ground, with my headphones in, walking to class on my own college campus. This kind of behavior is disgusting. And it wasn't just 2 or 3 people, it was 10-15, ADULTS picking on a 20 year old college student. I'm appalled and disheartened that the left wing is so divided and fractured. I can't deal with this election anymore - I'm fed up.

Sorry to read you have been harassed, regardless of anyone's views that's not ok. Another sign of how intolerant people have become just within a discussion

Bernie's holding a massive rally in Washington Square Park today - which is essentially the NYU campus.

He knows what he's doing. He has way higher approval ratings at colleges and universities than Hillary. But I guess if you prentend you could change policies and grant people a free education than this is the place to be considering most of them will pay off their student loans for half of the rest of their life. The fact that students today live in their very own bubble and that they don't know about the real world (and I'm not talking the show on MTV) is helpful too. That they appear to be unable to have a serious discussion on a variety of issues makes it even worse. Useful idiots they are.

I'm very sorry that you were harrassed. Unfortunately this is no single incident. It has been reported many times already.

Bernie's holding a massive rally in Washington Square Park today - which is essentially the NYU campus. I was on my to class, wearing my Hillary button as I always do and minding my own business when a group of Bernie supporters began harassing me and calling me "disgusting" and that I should be ashamed for voting for "that evil bitch." They followed me down the block laughing at me. I did NOTHING to provoke them. I was looking down at the ground, with my headphones in, walking to class on my own college campus. This kind of behavior is disgusting. And it wasn't just 2 or 3 people, it was 10-15, ADULTS picking on a 20 year old college student. I'm appalled and disheartened that the left wing is so divided and fractured. I can't deal with this election anymore - I'm fed up.

I like Bernie but have heard about this type of behavior before from the Bernie bros. It's disgusting.

Guest Pud Whacker

Time and time again we see their true colors. They don't believe in freedom unless it's THEIR FREEDOM.

Just like the gays.

God this is disgusting! Do you know for sure it was Bernie supporters who were harassing you?

God this is disgusting! Do you know for sure it was Bernie supporters who were harassing you?

Oh yes. They were in Bernie gear from head to toe. They were standing in a crowd waiting to get in line for his rally. They were absolutely Bernie supporters.

Is that already set in stone?

You said that in response to Hillary getting the nominee.

You are correct that it isn't set in stone. Their actual vote totals are close (the superdelegates not so much).

Nothing is set in stone. You were right; I was wrong. I still think Hillary will get the nominee. I still hope that some of Bernie's ideas like single payer healthcare will influence any future Presidents and Congress Members.

However, nothing is set in stone (especially with superdelegates, who aren't bound to vote for the people they represent).

You said that in response to Hillary getting the nominee.

You are correct that it isn't set in stone. Their actual vote totals are close (the superdelegates not so much).

Nothing is set in stone. You were right; I was wrong. I still think Hillary will get the nominee. I still hope that some of Bernie's ideas like single payer healthcare will influence any future Presidents and Congress Members.

However, nothing is set in stone (especially with superdelegates, who aren't bound to vote for the people they represent).

The vote totals aren't anywhere near close. Hillary has a 14% lead with 2.4 million more votes than Sanders.

Listen this is the problem with the world today. For things to be heard people think that everything needs to be an extreme and that in itself is a danger. That's why I think Hilary being kind of balanced in view is a much better choice. Politicians who encourage votes by praying on people's fears are not who we should want in power. Look what it's doing to people who should effectively be joining together. Sad.

Listen this is the problem with the world today. For things to be heard people think that everything needs to be an extreme and that in itself is a danger. That's why I think Hilary being kind of balanced in view is a much better choice. Politicians who encourage votes by praying on people's fears are not who we should want in power. Look what it's doing to people who should effectively be joining together. Sad.

this is coming form someone who voted for Cameron and spent his whole childhood idolising Thatcher.

this is coming form someone who voted for Cameron and spent his whole childhood idolising Thatcher.

I don't think Cameron is very extreme at all but I also didn't vote for him. I don't see why there isn't a Politician that can't juggle social issues, healthcare and economy. I mean, isn't that the FUCKING JOB OF POLITICIANS?!