American 2016 Presidential Election thread part three

Well sorry, but when you blame Hillary for the wars all around the world and for the "millions and millions and millions" of people affected, I think it's a bit too much. It sounds like conspiracy theories sometimes. She's not Dr. Evil on her swivel chair plotting to destroy the world :lmao:

I'm not saying that western countries have no part in this mess (since I'm a frenchie, you should know that my governement was against the war in Iraq, and so was I :noway:). But you can't blame Hillary for that, that's ridiculous. The mess in Iraq (and the rise of ISIS) is Bush's baby.

Anyway, I think we're off topic with all these talks about Syria...

Of course we're not off topic. Syria is Hillary's legacy.

France voted against the war in Iraq, but they've supported the U.S. 100% in its disastrous handling of Syria which has led to millions of people seeking refuge in your countries and an out of control Islamist group that's terrorizing the world.

Hillary isn't sitting around twiddling her thumbs thinking of a way to fuck over the world. That's not what I'm saying at all.

What I AM saying is that she comes from a generation of leaders who believe that the only way to a peaceful middle east is to prop up Israel NO MATTER WHAT, to back Saudi Arabia NO MATTER WHAT, and oppose Iran and its allies NO MATTER WHAT (even if you read a history book you realize the U.S. is seriously on the wrong side of history) and not really think twice about sparing 100,000 lives here or there. As long as that leads to a future that's 100% in the hands of the Saudis and Israel. These disastrous and failed policies have led to 30 or more years of chaos and anti-American and Anti-western attitudes across the middle east that's getting more violent and out of control. Things are MUCH worse today than they were back during Iran's revolution.

Brussels is a prime example of all this chaos that's only getting worse and a direct result of these never ending failed policies that both Democrats and Republicans refuse to give up on no matter how much they fail.

Of course we're not off topic. Syria is Hillary's legacy.

France voted against the war in Iraq, but they've supported the U.S. 100% in its disastrous handling of Syria which has led to millions of people seeking refuge in your countries and an out of control Islamist group that's terrorizing the world.

Hillary isn't sitting around twiddling her thumbs thinking of a way to fuck over the world. That's not what I'm saying at all.

What I AM saying is that she comes from a generation of leaders who believe that the only way to a peaceful middle east is to prop up Israel NO MATTER WHAT, to back Saudi Arabia NO MATTER WHAT, and oppose Iran and its allies NO MATTER WHAT (even if you read a history book you realize the U.S. is seriously on the wrong side of history) and not really think twice about sparing 100,000 lives here or there. As long as that leads to a future that's 100% in the hands of the Saudis and Israel. These disastrous and failed policies have led to 30 or more years of chaos and anti-American and Anti-western attitudes across the middle east that's getting more violent and out of control. Things are MUCH worse today than they were back during Iran's revolution.

Brussels is a prime example of all this chaos that's only getting worse and a direct result of these never ending failed policies that both Democrats and Republicans refuse to give up on no matter how much they fail.

Totally true

And Syria, in a nutshell, the more you read her leaked emails, and the more you read about what went down in Syria, it becomes very easy to see that Hillary's plan in Syria was to topple Assad, and put in power a Sunni government that would theoretically work peacefully with Saudi Arabia and cut all ties with Iran and Hezbollah, America's arch nemeses (nemesis? I forget which one is plural). This all blew up in our face and here we are, what? 5 years later? with ANOTHER heinous ISIS terrorist attack.

This is EXACTLY WHAT BUSH DID IN IRAQ AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHY SO MANY OF YOU HATE HIM.

Ummm I won't share my own pick for president... But I will say that it's quite ummm interesting to read your takes on the Middle East. You really need to spend time there in order to understand how things work in *that* side of the world. Maybe you'll understand why leaders choose to back certain countries.

Reading articles online or hearing a lecture about it in class is nothing.

Ummm I won't share my own pick for president... But I will say that it's quite ummm interesting to read your takes on the Middle East. You really need to spend time there in order to understand how things work in *that* side of the world. Maybe you'll understand why leaders choose to back certain countries.

Reading articles online or hearing a lecture about it in class is nothing.

My family is Lebanese and fled Lebanon for Mexico (of all places) during its sectarian civil war. It's history repeating itself OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I'm not an expert on the topic and 10 years ago I would've been rubbing my clit at the thought of Hillary becoming President of the U.S. The more books I read on the matter, the more articles from all over the world (not just the U.S.) that I read and Hillary's own email the more I realize that the country I was born in (the U.S.) is on the wrong side of history and I'm not going to just make huge compromises and vote for someone whom I strongly disagree with.

My vote doesn't even make a difference anymore. I'm one of the few crazy people who's "smoking something" for having an opinion that's not popular.

Listen Daphna. I support Hezbollah. You would do anything to wipe Hezbollah off this planet. We come from two wildly different backgrounds.

Having said that, even though on paper it seems like a good idea to put into power Saudi-backed Sunni's throughout the middle east, eventually crippling Iran so badly that they're forced to become powerless in the region and no longer pose a threat to Israeli or U.S. interests, is it so hard to agree that that's NOT the solution and after so many failed attempts maybe, JUST MAYBE, we (the U.S., the west and Israelis alike) should finally look for a plan B? That plan DOESN'T WORK and it's ruining millions of lives.

Is cheaper oil really worth all of this instability and chaos?

But if Cruz wins the other states then Trump might not have an all winning night...

Arizona is winner take all...so by winning the state with the most delegates up for grabs tonight, Trump wins the night and the press headlines. Cruz is likely to take Utah, but since Donald could get *some* of those delegates if Cruz doesn't win by 50% or more (and if Donald can scrape above 15%). Utah's caucus allocation metrics are very complex...like Iowa. I think it's dumb to do it that way but the parties have the say of how to award their delegates. It's definitely a way for the party - not the people - to control who gets nominated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for republicans their primaries are winner takes all. Right?

Some are, some aren't. It depend on the state and only for Republicans - Democrats don't do it that way anywhere. Tonight, AZ is winner take all; UT is only winner take all if the winner has more than 50% of the caucus vote. If it's less then 50%, it splits proportionally.

Oh and don't u just love how it was Saudi Arabia that caused 9/11 yet the only planes that were able to leave after 9/11 were Saudi royals and Bin Laden families?

And US still continues to have a strong relationship with them and no one mentions it anymore.

How DARE YOU! You must be silenced! Hillary knows best. Let's invade Iraq.

Sanders wins UTAH

Good. I don't think he can win (I'm not delusional), but I do think he can push her to the left on economic issues which will put her in a position to do better should she be president (or else she would look like a total sellout liar... and I don't think she can afford that if she wants 8 years - she already has a reputation, you know).

Good. I don't think he can win (I'm not delusional), but I do think he can push her to the left on economic issues which will put her in a position to do better should she be president (or else she would look like a total sellout liar... and I don't think she can afford that if she wants 8 years - she already has a reputation, you know).

No offense, but that really isn't how this works. None of her policy proposals have changed since she first announced running. She might be "talking" more about reigning in Wall Street and college debt relief, but the plans she laid out for those issues on her website haven't changed.

Also, unless the GOP goes down in flames and loses the House in the fall (which I pray for but is actually unlikely), none of Hillary's or Bernie's economic plans are coming to fruition. It will be 4 more years of gridlock. You are essentially electing a wall against the crazy people.

If it cheers anyone up, a Hillary Presidency will likely make 2-3 Supreme Court appointments (thus altering the conservative bent of the Court after almost 30 years) and she will probably get immigration reform through the House and Senate as after a slaughtering in 2016, House Republicans will want to stop making enemies in the Latino community. She may also have an opportunity to shape foreign policy to some degree, although Clinton is clearly more hawkish than Obama and I am not so sure the liberal base will be thrilled about what she does there. She's definitely an interventionist, but I am praying for no all-out-wars.

Sanders got more delegates for winning 2/3 caucuses by large margin and taking some from Arizona as well.

The longer he stays in the competition more likely Trump will be the next president.

Sanders got more delegates for winning 2/3 caucuses by large margin and taking some from Arizona as well.

The longer he stays in the competition more likely Trump will be the next president.

Even after those big wins...Hillary increased her HUGE delegate lead by +1. So he's even further behind than he was before those wins.

This is EXACTLY what Hillary did in 08 so don't pull that shit on us all of a sudden.

This is EXACTLY what Hillary did in 08 so don't pull that shit on us all of a sudden.

But at least Hillary hit the campaign trail HARD for Obama once she finally bowed out. I'm not so sure Bernie will do the same for Hillary.

A vote for Hillary = pray to the Lord Almighty for no all out wars :dead:

True Dat! :lmao:

If she thinks she can get McCain to support her for re-election in 2020 (which wouldn't be hard if she starts a new war), all bets are off. :lmao:

I don't know how much worse it can get, the first thing everyone is starting to notice with her are the lie flavored with some weasel words. I have even heard Hillary call herself a 'mostly a non-interventionist', ponder that for a moment. The "steady hands" schtick is an absolute joke. She certainly didn't look very steady when she made her video-blaming public appearances after our Libyan ambassador was dragged through the streets or as the poor, put-upon victim of a right wing conspiracy testifying about it to Congress. In another interview she tried to make it sound like she was instrumental in starting the Iranian nuclear negotiations. She did no such thing. All she did was impose sanctions and insist that Iran had no right to enrich uranium. Her actions are always more careless and hawkish than the measured words she speaks.

She hates Iranians. She clearly stated that they r her enemies and no such deal would have ever happened if she was the president instead of Obama.

Instrumental in my ass.