American 2016 Presidential Election thread part three

Freedom in the U.S. is a joke. You're free, as long as you're white, male, straight, and economically well off.

I know, right? They won't even let me be president.

please rename to 2016 Presidential Election thread Part 3

Dear FASCIST STATE OF MTZLPLK, your wish is my command. Darling what is your name about? I've been meaning to ask you about it for a long time now. I always imagine it as Mountzle Patrick which makes no sense but whatever. :lol:

Kind of like the Snowden case...it may have been illegal but ultimately for the good of humanity (*or something like that)... :p

https://hacked.com/hillary-clinton-email-hacker-to-be-extradited-to-the-us/

A notorious Romanian computer hacker who released some of Hillary Clinton's private emails is facing extradition to the United States of America.

Known online as 'Guccifer,' Marcel Lehel, 42, lost his legal case in his home country after Romania's top court of appeal sanctioned a request by the U.S. to extradite him. The ruling is final and the period of extradition could not exceed 18 months.

He is best known for hacking sprees that involved hacking and publishing artwork and emails belonging to former US President George W. Bush and the emails of several celebrities including Steve Martin and Leonardo di Caprio is now facing trial in the US following Romania’s approval for his extradition.

No matter who is elected president, the Senate will be elected on the same day and if Hillary wins and the Senate has a majority of Reps she's fucked the same way Obama is fucked. Look how powerless he has been on gun control. Actually dems are projected to have the majority of seats at the Senate next november so let's hope Hillary wins. I like Bernie Sanders but let's face it he can't win and even if he wins and he is elected he won't do what he promised because the Senate will block him. He's gonna be perfect as Vice President.

No matter who is elected president, the Senate will be elected on the same day and if Hillary wins and the Senate has a majority of Reps she's fucked the same way Obama is fucked. Look how powerless he has been on gun control. Actually dems are projected to have the majority of seats at the Senate next november so let's hope Hillary wins. I like Bernie Sanders but let's face it he can't win and even if he wins and he is elected he won't do what he promised because the Senate will block him. He's gonna be perfect as Vice President.

It's not just the Senate. The House is also an obstacle. Most spending legislation starts in the House and it is very unlikely the GOP will lose control of that branch even if Clinton wins. The Republicans successfully gerrymandered so many House districts after the 2010 census that a Democratic take over is highly unlikely - so yes, there will be gridlock regardless.

At least if Dems flip the Senate back to their control, we can get a few moderately-liberal justices through before 2020 which would stop the Court from being majority conservative for a while.

I think Bernie might win Madonna's home state. Despite terrible polling. This would be a morale booster for his campaign, but unfortunately, the race is so tight, he will come out on the losing side with delegates as Clinton destroyed him in Mississippi.

I just want this Democratic race over already. Let's get those sights set on the GOP and win this thing in November!

So I'm backing a winner?! Having a woman lead America for the first time will be a sight to behold. I hope she makes every second worthwhile.

Deleguates

Hillary : 759

Bernie : 546

Super deleguates

Hillary : 461

Bernie : 25

Total :

Hillary : 1220

Bernie : 571

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/03/03/elton-john-katy-perry-fire-up-hillary-clinton-supporters-at-radio-city/

Elton John, Katy Perry Fire Up Hillary Clinton Supporters at Radio City

hillary-clinton.jpg?w=1000
From behind a pair of neon-pink-tinted glasses, Elton John summed up his view of the presidential race for about 6,000 listeners: “This is a very important year for America, and she’s the only hope you have.”
The country’s sole savior, in Mr. John’s estimation, is Hillary Clinton, and on Wednesday night, he, Katy Perry and Andra Day headlined a concert at Radio City Music Hall in support of the Hillary Victory Fund, a joint fundraising committee that shares donations between Mrs. Clinton’s campaign, the Democratic National Committee and state parties.
Though the concert, coming 24 hours after Mrs. Clinton notched sweeping wins in six states during the Super Tuesday contests, took on the tenor of a victory party, even the candidate’s most ardent supporters cautioned against complacency.
“We’ve seen that film before,” Ms. Perry told the crowd — including Mrs. Clinton, former President Bill Clinton, their daughter, Chelsea, and her husband, Marc Mezvinsky — between songs. “We have a little work to do, don’t we?”
BN-MX026_KatyPe_M_20160303083802.jpg
Ms. Perry, outfitted in black-and-white striped pants and a red glittery halter top under a white collar emblazoned with the Clinton campaign’s “H” logo, then launched into a song she dedicated to Mrs. Clinton, “Unconditional,” as three stagehands strutted around her, waving oversize butterfly kites.
Unaccompanied by winged props were the Clintons, each of whom addressed the audience, with Mr. Clinton drawing laughter for saying, “This has been a fun campaign for me, because I never have to say anything I don’t believe.”
“We don’t need to blame big categories of people,” Mr. Clinton continued, referring to the GOP field. “We’re making a mistake — those people that think we should demonize all Muslims. We’re making a mistake — people who think we should demonize all immigrants.”
Earlier in the evening, at a rally elsewhere in Manhattan, Mrs. Clinton appeared to make an oblique reference to her Democratic primary opponent, Sen. Bernie Sanders, pledging, “I’m not going to over-promise.” At Radio City, however, she kept her remarks during the concert limited mainly to calling the day “super Wednesday” and thanking attendees, of which 74% were first-time donors, according to her finance chairman, Dennis Cheng.
The audience also counted many long-time supporters, including designer Diane von Furstenberg and businessman Barry Diller, who were seated next to the Clintons, as well as actor Neil Patrick Harris, whom Mr. Clinton acknowledged from the stage.
Ms. Von Furstenberg and Mr. Diller attended the concert as “sponsors,” meaning they had donated at least $100,000.
Though most of the theatrical antics of the evening were confined to Ms. Perry’s performance on stage, the audience appeared to loosen up as the night wore on, and by the time Ms. Perry closed out the night with “Firework,” many were dancing in the aisles.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/03/03/elton-john-katy-perry-fire-up-hillary-clinton-supporters-at-radio-city/

Elton John, Katy Perry Fire Up Hillary Clinton Supporters at Radio City

hillary-clinton.jpg?w=1000

From behind a pair of neon-pink-tinted glasses, Elton John summed up his view of the presidential race for about 6,000 listeners: This is a very important year for America, and shes the only hope you have.

The countrys sole savior, in Mr. Johns estimation, is Hillary Clinton, and on Wednesday night, he, Katy Perry and Andra Day headlined a concert at Radio City Music Hall in support of the Hillary Victory Fund, a joint fundraising committee that shares donations between Mrs. Clintons campaign, the Democratic National Committee and state parties.

Though the concert, coming 24 hours after Mrs. Clinton notched sweeping wins in six states during the Super Tuesday contests, took on the tenor of a victory party, even the candidates most ardent supporters cautioned against complacency.

Weve seen that film before, Ms. Perry told the crowd including Mrs. Clinton, former President Bill Clinton, their daughter, Chelsea, and her husband, Marc Mezvinsky between songs. We have a little work to do, dont we?

BN-MX026_KatyPe_M_20160303083802.jpg

Ms. Perry, outfitted in black-and-white striped pants and a red glittery halter top under a white collar emblazoned with the Clinton campaigns H logo, then launched into a song she dedicated to Mrs. Clinton, Unconditional, as three stagehands strutted around her, waving oversize butterfly kites.

Unaccompanied by winged props were the Clintons, each of whom addressed the audience, with Mr. Clinton drawing laughter for saying, This has been a fun campaign for me, because I never have to say anything I dont believe.

We dont need to blame big categories of people, Mr. Clinton continued, referring to the GOP field. Were making a mistake those people that think we should demonize all Muslims. Were making a mistake people who think we should demonize all immigrants.

Earlier in the evening, at a rally elsewhere in Manhattan, Mrs. Clinton appeared to make an oblique reference to her Democratic primary opponent, Sen. Bernie Sanders, pledging, Im not going to over-promise. At Radio City, however, she kept her remarks during the concert limited mainly to calling the day super Wednesday and thanking attendees, of which 74% were first-time donors, according to her finance chairman, Dennis Cheng.

The audience also counted many long-time supporters, including designer Diane von Furstenberg and businessman Barry Diller, who were seated next to the Clintons, as well as actor Neil Patrick Harris, whom Mr. Clinton acknowledged from the stage.

Ms. Von Furstenberg and Mr. Diller attended the concert as sponsors, meaning they had donated at least $100,000.

Though most of the theatrical antics of the evening were confined to Ms. Perrys performance on stage, the audience appeared to loosen up as the night wore on, and by the time Ms. Perry closed out the night with Firework, many were dancing in the aisles.

Is it just me or is Katy wearing blue and white striped pants not black and white?

Attorney General Responds to White House Remarks About Clinton Email Probe

Loretta Lynch says government officials shouldn’t be speaking about the case

BN-MZ696_0309em_P_20160309143105.jpg

WASHINGTON—The nation’s top law-enforcement official chided the White House on Wednesday for offering opinions about the probe into Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton’s use of private email while at the State Department.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch, at Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, said government officials shouldn’t be speaking about the sensitive case. She added she hasn’t spoken to anyone at the White House about the case, and doesn’t plan to do so in the future.

“It’s my hope when it comes to ongoing investigations, that we would all stay silent,’’ Mrs. Lynch said, responding to questioning by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.).

Mr. Graham had asked the attorney general about recent comments by White House spokesman Josh Earnest suggesting the Justice Department’s investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s use of a personal email server to conduct government business—and whether that practice may have compromised national security secrets—didn’t appear to be targeting Mrs. Clinton. Mrs. Lynch is overseeing the investigation.

At a February press briefing, Mr. Earnest said: “What I know that some officials over there have said is that she is not a target of the investigation. So that does not seem to be the direction that it’s trending. But I’m certainly not going to weigh in on a decision or in that process in any way. That is a decision to be made solely by independent prosecutors but again, based on what we know from the Department of Justice, it does not seem to be headed in that direction.’’

Mr. Earnest has since said he was only referring to public press reports about the investigation, not drawing from any information the Justice Department has shared with the White House. He said at a press briefing Wednesday that he hasn't spoken to anyone at the White House about the case.

Mrs. Lynch, in her responses to the committee’s questioning, sought to assure lawmakers—particularly Republicans—and the public that her department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation were conducting a thorough and fair probe of the Clinton matter, even though the investigation could have tremendous political consequences for the presidential election.

Whether an investigation involves “someone with a famous last name or not,’’ Mrs. Lynch said, “we treat them the same, and that is how the public has confidence in the investigations that we conduct.’’

The Clinton case isn’t the first time the White House has offered public opinions about a politically charged investigation. In February 2014, President Barack Obama declared in an interview that an FBI probe to determine whether the Internal Revenue Service had improperly targeted conservative groups had found “not even a smidgen of corruption.’’

At the time he made that statement, FBI agents had largely concluded there were no criminal charges to bring against anyone at the IRS, but law-enforcement officials were still investigating the case and reviewing evidence. The president’s comments were met with anger by Republican lawmakers, who suspected the issue was being brushed aside without a thorough inquiry.

In her testimony Wednesday, Mrs. Lynch repeatedly declined to answer questions about the state of the investigation, though she did say that she wasn’t aware of any Justice Department probe into donations made to the Clinton Foundation, and whether such money might be linked to actions taken by the State Department when it was led by Mrs. Clinton.

She also declined to discuss the specifics of a former State Department and Clinton campaign worker, Bryan Pagliano, who set up Mrs. Clinton’s private server and has since been granted immunity from prosecution in exchange for cooperating with investigators, according to people familiar with the matter.

Obama must not have gotten the message five weeks ago that anyone was angry at him. Or maybe they are trying to force Hillary out of the race after all. :p

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/01/30/fox-news-contacts-in-the-fbi-and-doj-are-super-pissed-off-at-the-white-house/

Contacts in the FBI and DOJ are 'Super Pissed Off' at the White House

According to Fox News' chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge, her contacts in the FBI and DOJ are "super pissed off" at what White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said about Hillary Clinton's email problems Friday. "That's not something I'm worried about," he told reporters at the daily briefing.

"That statement by Josh Earnest has got the back up of our contacts at the FBI and Justice Department for two reasons… They are super pissed off - to use a technical term. Number one, Josh Earnest has absolutely no clearance or visibility in the FBI investigation. Number two, they say it really seems part of a troubling pattern from the White House because the president earlier said he did not see any national security implications to the Clinton emails and then we found out he had never been briefed."

Obama must not have gotten the message five weeks ago that anyone was angry at him. Or maybe they are trying to force Hillary out of the race after all. :p

Yeah, sure! Hillary will leave the race because of a nasty Fox News article. I'm sure she has terrible nightmares about her emails :lmao:

Yeah, sure! Hillary will leave the race because of a nasty Fox News article. I'm sure she has terrible nightmares about her emails :lmao:

Well maybe she should...

“There is absolutely no way that one could not recognize SAP material,” a former senior law enforcement with decades of experience investigating violations of SAP procedures told Fox News. “It is the most sensitive of the sensitive.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hillary-clinton-emails-contained-info-above-top-secret-ig-n499886

Hillary Clinton Emails Held Info Beyond Top Secret: IG

Emails from Hillary Clinton's home server contained information classified at levels higher than previously known, including a level meant to protect some of the most sensitive U.S. intelligence, according to a document obtained by NBC News.

In a letter to lawmakers, the intelligence community's internal watchdog says some of Clinton's emails contained information classified Top Secret/Special Access Program, a secrecy designation that includes some of the most closely held U.S. intelligence matters.

Two American intelligence officials tell NBC News these are not the same two emails from Clinton's server that have long been reported as containing information deemed Top Secret.

Well maybe she should...

“There is absolutely no way that one could not recognize SAP material,” a former senior law enforcement with decades of experience investigating violations of SAP procedures told Fox News. “It is the most sensitive of the sensitive.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hillary-clinton-emails-contained-info-above-top-secret-ig-n499886

Hillary Clinton Emails Held Info Beyond Top Secret: IG

Emails from Hillary Clinton's home server contained information classified at levels higher than previously known, including a level meant to protect some of the most sensitive U.S. intelligence, according to a document obtained by NBC News.

In a letter to lawmakers, the intelligence community's internal watchdog says some of Clinton's emails contained information classified Top Secret/Special Access Program, a secrecy designation that includes some of the most closely held U.S. intelligence matters.

Two American intelligence officials tell NBC News these are not the same two emails from Clinton's server that have long been reported as containing information deemed Top Secret.

Yeah, and experts that FOX News brings in certainly have no agendas so they should be believed no matter what. :rolleyes:

And from your very own article link:

the State Department has long faced the problem of how to communicate about sensitive matters. Unlike the CIA, State does most of its business over an unclassified email system, and many officials do not have easy access to a classified messaging system.

I am not even sure why I keep chasing you down this rabbit hole. You obviously believe whatever you want regardless of contradictory facts. It's no wonder you are repeatedly bringing sources from conservative news analysts and media.