2016 Australian General Election

Too close to call at the moment. Liberal/national party have 57 seats and Labor party have 59 seats and the greens have won 1 seat and 33 seats undecided. Some experts are already predicting a hung parliament. Swings to Labor party.

We still don't know yet if the coalition will scrape through or if it will be a hung parliament.

As I thought, Victoria will be the state that has cost Labor the most while they have picked up seats in every other state. Even today, the Herald Scum is gloating about the CFA issue that they have shamelessly exploited for weeks costing Labor seats in Victoria. I do know that people's opinions about Victorian Premier Dan Andrews has also had a negative effect. I also don't agree with some people saying that Malcolm Turnbull has caused the possibility of a Hung Parliament and saying they should have stuck with Tony Abbott., I think that if Abbott was still PM, they would have been thrashed by a landside rather than the possibility of a narrow win or a hung parliament.

I just hope it's not Pauline Hanson. She so racist and even mentioned 98% of Australians don't like Halal meat. Excuse me?

Jitterbug, she has got a seat in the Senate but I don't think she will have any influence so don't worry.

Going to be interesting to see what will happen if it is a hung parliament which we should find out about by Tuesday. There will have to be a lot of deals done with the independents who have picked up several seats.

I hope it's a hung parliament.

But which ever way it goes, likely Liberal, the senate won't be kind. You hardly have a mandate if you scrap across the line.

Well well well :queenbitch:

This is the worst possible outcome. I would rather there be a new wlection than 3 years of nothing getting passed to help the country and the prime minister making deals woth independents who just want their policies through that wont fix our country.

What's the outcome?

Still dont have a clear winner may be 2 weeks before we know who won the election. Even then no party would have a clear majority so it will be difficult to get any bills or legislation passed.

I just read that If the liberals get in gay marriage is off the table as they would not have the numbers to do a public plebiscite on the issue as a lot of the power players do not want gay marriage. I have also read that even if labor get in they probably wouldn't be able to get gay marriage passed anyway despite pledging to have it passed in the first 100 days of office.

Still dont have a clear winner may be 2 weeks before we know who won the election. Even then no party would have a clear majority so it will be difficult to get any bills or legislation passed.

I just read that If the liberals get in gay marriage is off the table as they would not have the numbers to do a public plebiscite on the issue as a lot of the power players do not want gay marriage. I have also read that even if labor get in they probably wouldn't be able to get gay marriage passed anyway despite pledging to have it passed in the first 100 days of office.

Leebf, there is no hope of getting the gay marriage vote through now because of the conservative religious crackpots in the Liberal party. In all fairness to Malcolm Turnbull, he always wanted to change the marriage act to allow gay marriage but he had to appease the factions in the Liberal party and so many of them are anti gay campaigners. Look at that Cory Bernadi, Kevin Andrews, Tony Abbott for example - all strongly against gay marriage due to religion. Sad when the majority of the Australian public are all for equality in marriage. He has his hands tied. All of the stuff he wants is off the table - including climate change reform and the republic debate. I never thought I would say this, but I feel slightly sorry for him. If he does scrape through, he has to not only deal with and compromise with the powerful and ultra right wing factions of the Liberal party and One Nation in the Senate plus the likes of Bob Katter.

Yes its a shame that there are so many religious people blocking the reforms and especially now it is harder to try and get this through with Malcolm desperate to hold onto his leadership he will make deals to secure it. Just a shame that we are so far behind the rest of the world, whilst it isnt the most important issue in Australia it would be good to see equality for all australians, however there are some people in the community very vocal against it.

Its so strange how anti marriage equality Tony was considering his sister is gay.

Anyway whatever happens with the leadership i just hope that its not 3 years of fighting and then leadership spills etc. I just want to see the country run well and important legislation and ideas carried forward and passed.

Oh and don't get me started on Pauline getting back into the senate. Sad to see the immigration/ Muslimphobia raising its ugly head and now seeing racist politicians elected.

The frustrating thing is the "conservatives" in the Liberal party are blaming Turnball for the election result claiming he's too left wing and that he alienated Liberal voters. Yet when he took over from Abbott he had the highest approval rating since Howard. He lost that rating by having to support so many of their unpopular policies that in the past he's officially disagreed with, gay marriage, carbon pricing etc. They are the ones to blame for this result. Not Turnball.

Why all the bleeding hearts for Malcolm Turnball. He is as useless as his predecessor. No leadership qualities, unable to unify a shit party and with no direction. he is muddled and does not know if he wants to swing left or right and just as useless as Abbot, Gillard and Rudd.

Seriously I can only think of two politicians of recent times who have had any kind of leadership qualities and able to manage a unified party ( whether you agree with their policies or not ) and that being Dr Bob Brown of the greens and Jeff Kennet of Victoria's liberal party ( Steve backs was pretty good too ). 99% of politicians are just useless including Turnball.

The frustrating thing is the "conservatives" in the Liberal party are blaming Turnball for the election result claiming he's too left wing and that he alienated Liberal voters. Yet when he took over from Abbott he had the highest approval rating since Howard. He lost that rating by having to support so many of their unpopular policies that in the past he's officially disagreed with, gay marriage, carbon pricing etc. They are the ones to blame for this result. Not Turnball.

Yes, he become completely ineffective with appeasing the conservative factions of the party.

Why all the bleeding hearts for Malcolm Turnball. He is as useless as his predecessor. No leadership qualities, unable to unify a shit party and with no direction. he is muddled and does not know if he wants to swing left or right and just as useless as Abbot, Gillard and Rudd.

Seriously I can only think of two politicians of recent times who have had any kind of leadership qualities and able to manage a unified party ( whether you agree with their policies or not ) and that being Dr Bob Brown of the greens and Jeff Kennet of Victoria's liberal party ( Steve backs was pretty good too ). 99% of politicians are just useless including Turnball.

Know exactly what you mean but it is sickening to see so many far right "reporters" praising up Abbott like he is the answer and wanting him back. You are right about politicians being useless though and they all water down their views and can't lead their parties. Why so many are now voting for minor parties and independents instead in droves.

Why on earth do people keep voting for Liberals? It's like people in Australia are supportive of privatised medicare, uni fee hikes and GST hikes. I'm very concerned for the minds of the Australian people hence I've lost interest in Aus politics. This is all just a joke..

I'm starting to suspect maybe it's not actually the Aus people that get a say but instead they are putting on a vote just for show but knew they were going to pick Liberals all along. Just a conspiracy since I don't know who in the right minds would be supporting of GST hikes and privatised services.