2016 Australian General Election

If Labor wasn't led by a barely-literate, they would have a really good shot.

However, if Turnbull insists on being Abbott in different clothing - except without the convincing scare campaigns - he might just give it away to Shorten.

Turnbull is starting to appear more like Joe Hockey in the public's view. At first coming across as a moderate Liberal but showing more and more how he really thinks and operates. A wolf in sheep's clothing in other words. With his preference for privatising Medicare and going with a US style health-care system showing that he has no real concern for the average middle earning and lower earning Australians. This is a crucial election for Australia. If there is a double dissolution, he could get in with a mandate for some huge changes. We could be stuck with privatised health care, huge hikes in the GST, the loss of penalty rates and worker's conditions.

If the election was today I think the Liberals would win but they would lose seats to Labor in the process.

I'm glad the gloss is fading on Malcolm. His personal popularity always masked his true colours. It's been refreshing to see Bill Shorten finally have a voice in a few issues but I don't think he's strong enough to win the election.

I dream of Tony Abbott losing his seat but I think the chances are slim. His electorate is full of baby boomers and they love a right wing conservative!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Already?

Yes. Malcolm Turnbull used the Double dissolution and called an early election because he could not get some of his policies through parliament because they were getting blocked in the Senate. We will find out tomorrow if that decision will backfire on him.

I don't want Liberals raising my uni fees up so I will pick Labour.

For sure Jitterbug, Liberal party want to let universities charge as much as they want and I worry about the added interest of HECS debt for young people. It took me years to pay off my HECS debt with all of the interest added to them as well. So unfair considering university was free for people in the 1970's and 80's who now have no sympathy for young uni students.

I also think that young people are totally overlooked by both parties as are pensioners today. They all chase after families and cater their policies and tax cuts for them, no matter how wealthy they are.

Voted yesterday.

I think it's going to be a close election.

I hope we don't get a mess in the Senate like we've had the last 6 years, though they are predicting it's going to be even worse this time around.

Guest Mauro

I hope it's a hung parliament.

But which ever way it goes, likely Liberal, the senate won't be kind. You hardly have a mandate if you scrap across the line.

:queenbitch:

Just got back from voting. Polling saying it is too close to call but we will find out soon. The voters in the swinging seats hold the key.

globo-spruce-wooden-swing-seat-and-stand

roofed-comfort-swing-seat-600.png

0006642-0001036-32147.jpg