MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mtzlplk

RHT video backdrops

Has any of it surfaced already? The Rebel Heart one is the best, so nostalgic... I hope someone shares...

I need ICONIC backdrop NOW :dramatic:

For the rest I don't care lol

Usually her backdrops r even better than some music videos, but this time she was lazy.

I need ICONIC and SEX so much. They're perfection

Usually her backdrops r even better than some music videos, but this time she was lazy.

I have to agree on this,except Iconic's the rest are not in mdna's or any of her last tour's level!

Iconic

BIM

Burning Up

Holy Water

Devil Pray

Body Shop

Deeper And Deeper

S.E.X.

LIB

DYU/ITG/LS Medley

Rebel Heart

Illuminati

Music

Material Girl

...there is nothing "lazy" about those. It also feels like overwhelming backdrops wasn't to be the focus this time around.

Iconic

BIM

Burning Up

Holy Water

Devil Pray

Body Shop

Deeper And Deeper

S.E.X.

LIB

DYU/ITG/LS Medley

Rebel Heart

Illuminati

Music

Material Girl

...there is nothing "lazy" about those. It also feels like overwhelming backdrops wasn't to be the focus this time around.

giphy.gif

the backdrop for MG is gorgeous

CQSB-F1WEAABKX7.jpg

SEX is LIFE

maxresdefault.jpg

hope the backdrop leaks come in early... we're into the last shows now...

I really don't get why these video backdrops don't get officially released as bonus on the concert blu rays... Surely they know fans are crazy about it

Has any of it surfaced already? The Rebel Heart one is the best, so nostalgic... I hope someone shares...

I love the Rebel Heart backdrop, so colorful and beautiful and showcases the talent of her fans and their devotion to her.. I love all the backdrops!

The body shop backdrop startled me as big chunks of it were almost the same imagery I had in my head when I first heart Body Shop!

I really don't get why these video backdrops don't get officially released as bonus on the concert blu rays... Surely they know fans are crazy about it

Yeah you said it, I had been wondering the same I mean they put so much effort on those backdrop videos why not spread it officially rather than just let it leak randomly.

I think it will take a while before they leak. Not even all the official MDNA Tour ones have leaked yet (at least I don't think so). Will probably be awhile...

I agree they aren't as grandiose as previous tours but I also don't think it's laziness. The ones for this tour serve their purpose beautifully and conceptually (like the burning up❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️, holy water, bitch I'm Madonna, music, holiday) and then there's a the bigger ones (iconic, illuminati, body shop, deeper and deeper, rebel heart, the medley etc...)

I think it's more about the intimacy of the show, the space between M at the heart and the screen and how you take in the full show with the catwalk breaking your views of the main stage screen...as the reason for how we perceive the importance or grand scale of the screen work.

This tour as opposed to MDNA relies more on Madonna's personality and energy with the audience so the screens are focused on less throughout the show.

For the rest I don't care lol

Agreed. Even though the show itself was AMAZING, this was the first time when I felt she didn't deliver with the videos. I mean.. using Ghosttown's music video.. that's seriously lazy.

I agree they aren't as grandiose as previous tours but I also don't think it's laziness. The ones for this tour serve their purpose beautifully and conceptually (like the burning up❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️, holy water, bitch I'm Madonna, music, holiday) and then there's a the bigger ones (iconic, illuminati, body shop, deeper and deeper, rebel heart, the medley etc...)

I think it's more about the intimacy of the show, the space between M at the heart and the screen and how you take in the full show with the catwalk breaking your views of the main stage screen...as the reason for how we perceive the importance or grand scale of the screen work.

This tour as opposed to MDNA relies more on Madonna's personality and energy with the audience so the screens are focused on less throughout the show.

Beautifully stated.

A newly filmed clip for "Messiah" would have been better than simply using "Ghosttown" footage, but "Iconic" kinda lives up to its title.

Does "S.E.X." have newly-filmed footage? I don't even remember that backdrop. :) (Not surprising, as it's not exactly among her best tracks).

I actually like the use of Ghosttown for Messiah...

we can say that's lazy but I think it goes really well with keeping with the rebel heart album thematically (showing one of the videos) and also goes with the look of the dancers in the performance. idk i like it.

I can't wait for the Rebel Heart backdrop.... Honestly both shows I went to I was completely mesmerized by it.

I agree with VogueMusic and Mensch... The focus on this tour is just different. Visually, the backdrop videos all complement the action on stage, rather than interact (or even overpower) the onstage action.

Not that I'm criticizing past tours -- I have adored the backdrop videos on each tour, and I've always looked forward to what they will be like on the next tour. For MDNA interludes, the choreography was so linked to the big screens -- "Justify My Love" and "Nobody Knows Me" both had interplay between the dancers and the video (the flashlight in JML, the slacklining in NKM).

"Iconic" feels like "Future Lovers" intro from CT. I guess that's partially the Klein connection. But most of the other backdrop vids in RHT add to the atmosphere -- like a setpiece -- but aren't to be the visual focal point. And that's fine -- M is more than enough to focus on.

I do look forward to seeing them at some point -- because I missed most of them live. Being so close to her on the floor, it just wasn't possible to look away from her to the backdrops. I saw a little more of the "Rebel Heart" fan art, because she was at the heart stage, and I had to look at the screens to see her. I must say I was surprised by how well done that was.

Someone commented that the Sampaio twins are the police officers in "Iconic" -- did not know that! I was wondering -- I only noticed the backdrop for "Holy Water" on a YouTube video recently, and had seen it peripherally at the concert -- if the body/bodies in that video were the Sampaio twins (or one of them). I'm not even sure if it is a male or female body (or both) with the ropes.

A newly filmed clip for "Messiah" would have been better than simply using "Ghosttown" footage, but "Iconic" kinda lives up to its title.

Does "S.E.X." have newly-filmed footage? I don't even remember that backdrop. :) (Not surprising, as it's not exactly among her best tracks).

"S.E.X." barely has new footage in it. Blink and you'll miss it. Apparently shot by Tom Munro. If you saw the Instagram post where she had the blonde wig and the glasses ("The teacher appears when the student is ready" or something very close to that) -- that was from the shoot.

There's a little bit of speculation as to why there isn't more footage -- seems like so little to add. But again, maybe she wanted the focus to be on the dancers on stage.

I think like a couple of seconds of Iconic have leaked

The Instagram teasers M's put up and also one video of Mike Tysons part I think