Europe's refugee crisis

sotos8

Meak maker I agree. However the media like to talk up people like UKIP. If you look at the last general election UKIP were thrashed, even Nigel Farage lost his seat. So it shows that it's all noise and no action.

Very true but I worry with this Brexit thing bombarded everyday on people's mind Farage is going to find his way back. Everytime they talk about leaving the EU he's there with his extreme opinions and those ignorants will always support him.

They are not only seeking refugee. Their country is destroyed. That simple. They can't go back.

That's exactly why a person seeks refuge/becomes a refugee. :dead: Also your ignorant bias against richer European countries is really transparent. Why don't you just be honest about it? Your politics has far too many holes...

Surely if they're genuinely seeking refuge they'd stay wherever they're safe?

THANK YOU. If you're truly trying to escape the terror of war, you can't be too picky.

They are seeking a new life. And you don't look for a new life in countries with no social help, salaries lower han 200 Euro

You know I love you Karby, but this is bullshit. There are millions of people, in Europe too, who get 200 Euro a month or even less. If you're not satisfied with it, you are free to go look for a better life, but don't expect to get special treatment. You're either trying to save your life (and in this case, you don't need to travel all the way to Sweden) and looking for economical opportunities (which is fine, but no one OWES you that). Hundreds of million of people would be happy to get 200 Euro a month. My mom lives in Russia, people get like 80 Euro a month there - teachers, engineers, scientists - and you don't see them marching all the way to Stockholm.

Russia is another country that needs to get its act together and start giving its people what they deserve. Stop sending Russian women here to find a rich husband. :rotfl: Karbatal doesn't seem to realise that countries like Sweden have spent a long time cultivating their culture and societal structure. Now people want to reap the benefits of that without inputting anything else first. Sweden is a rich country and that is why people want to go there. In my opinion that's wrong.

Guest Rachelle of London

THANK YOU. If you're truly trying to escape the terror of war, you can't be too picky.

You know I love you Karby, but this is bullshit. There are millions of people, in Europe too, who get 200 Euro a month or even less. If you're not satisfied with it, you are free to go look for a better life, but don't expect to get special treatment. You're either trying to save your life (and in this case, you don't need to travel all the way to Sweden) and looking for economical opportunities (which is fine, but no one OWES you that). Hundreds of million of people would be happy to get 200 Euro a month. My mom lives in Russia, people get like 80 Euro a month there - teachers, engineers, scientists - and you don't see them marching all the way to Stockholm.

:clap:

Yes I guess you are right. There's such a mess that it's difficult to get the picture about what is happening. Especially when mafias are involved. We don't know what they are promised or where they are told to go by those people.

💜

I don't normally talk about this stufff, but lol.

Average salary is pretty low in many parts of Europe. The sad thing is that energy and other goods are very, very expensive.

Many elderly people in countries from East Europe don't have more than 70 euros each month, after having worked all their lives. And many times they lost all savings during the conversion from Comunism to Capitalism during the 90s, because they devaluated their money like 1000%.

It's an absolute drama. Nobody speaks about it either.

Now some of those countries got into the EU expecting to have more possibilities but no.

Even comparing Eastern Germany to Western Germany, the contrast is striking.

I do see GU's point though, both the government and the people living in the Eastern Bloc countries did not take proper care of their land, their cities, their industries. When you don't own anything and you don't see the results of your hard work, you start to half-ass things. Who knows where those countries would be now if it wasn't for the Soviet regime. As far as I am aware, Eastern Germany used to have all the plants and the factories back in 1940's, yet here we are...

And yes, Karby, it's so sad to see people living in poverty most of their lives, then being given hope for a better future only to end up being tossed aside once again.

It's horrible.

And I wonder what is the solution. I think UE should go full force against the mafias. And of course stop FUCKING with middle east countries!!! Those people were very happy in Syria, their home.

Even comparing Eastern Germany to Western Germany, the contrast is striking.

I do see GU's point though, both the government and the people living in the Eastern Bloc countries did not take proper care of their land, their cities, their industries. When you don't own anything and you don't see the results of your hard work, you start to half-ass things. Who knows where those countries would be now if it wasn't for the Soviet regime. As far as I am aware, Eastern Germany used to have all the plants and the factories back in 1940's, yet here we are...

And yes, Karby, it's so sad to see people living in poverty most of their lives, then being given hope for a better future only to end up being tossed aside once again.

The whole system crumbled. If capitalism crumbled suddenly all our factories would go hell because we are interconnected. Once the URSS disappeared there was no exchange.

But DDR was already way behind Western Germany by the time the 70's rolled in. Capitalism is a much more efficient system, the Eastern Bloc just could not compete.