MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ryan

Gwen Stefani Thread

ryan    0

New album March 18th

After a decade spent focusing on fashion, motherhood, and TV shows like The Voice, Gwen Stefani is focusing on her solo career again. This Is What the Truth Feels Like is Stefani's first solo LP since 2006's The Sweet Escape, and it's scheduled for release on March 18th. (It's her first substantive release since her band No Doubt came together for 2012's reunion effort Push and Shove.) Stefani is promoting the album by filming a "live music video" for her upcoming single "Make Me Like You" during a Grammys commercial break on February 15th. According to Rolling Stone, it'll become "the first music video created on live television," and it'll entail the use of multiple sets and outfits over the course of four minutes. Sounds complicated! (The single is enjoying a traditional release this Friday.)

It feels almost like a distant memory now, but Stefani was one of the biggest pop stars in the world for a few years during the mid-'00s. "Rich Girl," "Hollaback Girl," "Wind It Up," and "The Sweet Escape" all peaked within the US top 10 between 2004 and 2006, and Stefani and her Harajuku Girls now there's something that wouldn't fly in 2016 were fixtures on music video channels in some of the last years people actually watched music videos on TV. (I'm partial to "Cool," which remains a banger.)

Stefani first tiptoed back into solo music with the 2014 singles "Baby Don't Lie" and "Spark the Fire," both of which failed to impact the public in any real way. Last fall's "Used to Love You" was more successful, and it seems like This Is What the Truth Feels Like is going to take that song's lead when it comes to addressing the dissolution of Stefani's marriage to Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale. We won't have to wait long to find out: the album will be available in just over a month.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/10/10961586/gwen-stefani-new-album-release-date-grammys-music-video

ryan    0

Tracklist

1. Misery

2. Youre My Favorite

3. Where Would I Be?

4. Make Me Like U

5. Truth

6. Used to Love You

7. Send Me a Picture

8. Red Flag

9. Asking 4 It

10. Naughty

11. Me With Out You

12. Rare

13. Rocket Ship (Target exclusive)

14. Getting Warmer (Target exclusive)

15. Obsessed (Target exclusive)

16. Splash (Target exclusive)

No flop songs

:chuckle:

ryan    0

Wow 3 posts all by the same person, I guess no one really cares! :lol:

zizibello    0

Oh wow, I had no idea she was back to being a Solo artist again. I thought she got back with No Doubt and then vanished like so many others.

Hopefully the new album is good. I still listen to Love.Angel.Music.Baby on and off. Rich Girl used to be my jam!

MeakMaker    0

I really liked her first two solo albums then she staled musically. Apparently judging other artists makes you lose your own creativity!

I really liked her first two solo albums then she staled musically. Apparently judging other artists makes you lose your own creativity!

Absolutely. I used to like her until she was on the Voice. I don't care for that album cover. I read somewhere who the songwriters and producers were and they were the usual suspects of hired guns who work with every other pop star like Rihanna. Doesn't seem it will be anything original.

Ivy    0

Album coverCa3O66ZVAAE8zTh.jpg-large.jpg

This cover makes that chick from pussy cat dolls rape album cover look like a masterpiece :) just give up girl no-one cares.

That reminds me, what happend to the trash can section???

nick00    0

Love also the first two solo albums and a couple of albums from No Doubt.

Even the last No Doubt had several good tracks, but it did not perform well.

Will give the new album a chance!

Skin    0

She released two songs last year but they bombed so she canned that album like you said, like Rihanna?

Wasn't she supposed to release a new album with No Doubt like 2 years ago? Or did that come and go also?

Thank you God! After 10 years!!! She was my first pop idol back in 2005!! Then later that year I discovered Madonna...

Please please Gwen, deliver something like LAMB pure pop delights!!

adreeyen    0

Thank you God! After 10 years!!! She was my first pop idol back in 2005!! Then later that year I discovered Madonna...

Please please Gwen, deliver something like LAMB pure pop delights!!

Was this post written by me? Honestly, I'm gagged over this. I cannot wait for Gwen to (hopefully :1251:) deliver!

dollhouse    0

another has-been

Je5u5    0

She's on fire with those unintentionally honest titles lately.

Gwen Stefani - Used to love you. Make me like you.

shoecool    0

I like her, doubt she'll be as successful as she was during L.A.M.B. and The Sweet Escape but will give a listen to her new album.

Sign in to follow this