Best producer from Rebel Heart

ryan

Best Producer from Rebel Heart?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Best Producer from Rebel Heart?

• Diplo (Living For Love, Bitch I'm Madonna, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici)
    • Blood Diamonds (Devil Pray, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time)
    • Billboard (Ghosttown)
    • Shelco Garcia & Teenwolf (Unapologetic Bitch)
    • Kanye West (Illuminati, Holy Water, Wash All Over Me, SEX, Auto-Tune Baby)
    • Madonna (Hold Tight)
    • Toby Gad (Joan of Arc, Iconic, Graffiti Heart, Body Shop)
    • Avicii (Heartbreakcity, Messiah, Rebel Heart, Addicted)
    • Mike Dean (Inside Out)

BIM. The lyrics fit the message of the song. Just because she's 50 she can't be silly? I stand by what I said back then that those who hate BIM totally misses the point.

Silly and fun are one thing. But this is more a case of a killer beat with cringe worthy lyrics. Not unlike "American Life"

I strongly prefer Unapologetic Bitch

I went with Diplo. I would like to a hear a full album with just him as the main producer. I like the "crazy" sound of BIM and would like to have seen her explore that further. I think if they really went for it, they could get quite experimental together.

Kanye is a very very close second.....in fact some days he may be my first pick. Absolutely love what he did with WAOM. It sounds grand compared to the rather generic (but very enjoyable) demo.

Solveig did give us IDGA, but he also gave us the worst lead single she's ever made and honestly helped Madonna squander her biggest audience ever for a new introduction to her new music and a massive radio deal she'll never get again.

GMAYL is unforgivable.

I honestly fantasize about LFL and the Matador/Bulls theme getting that kind of exposure. LFL at the Superbowl would have slayed

I like some productions. Devil Pray is perfect. The same with BIM or UB, Best Night or Iconic or Illuminati

Others are good produced but badly mixed, like WOOM, Messiah or Rebel Heart

Others are weird produced like Living For Love. The same song in the early 90s with Pettibone would have been massive. Surely some new producer could have brought the magic it deserves.

Others are very bad produced, like Hold Tight.

Stuart Price is a DJ. Diplo is a DJ. Avicii is a DJ. Mirwais is a DJ. Orbit did someDJ'ing too. Madonna's always worked with DJ's. That's how she started being creative. I like it when she works with them. She sounds more unpredictable.

i have headaches reading some posts on the last few pages and i won't comment them....

....but.....

are you implying that pre 90s Madonna wasn't creative?

Silly and fun are one thing. But this is more a case of a killer beat with cringe worthy lyrics. Not unlike "American Life"

I strongly prefer Unapologetic Bitch

I agree! I like BIM but the lyrics are a tad too cheesy for the beat. UB's lyrics are better, I think maybe because it's about more of a personal thing.

Blood Diamonds because Devil is the best production on the whole album. Even the mixing is perfect.

YES!!! Devil Pray probably is the best mixed out of the lot.

I think a lot of the tracks on this album suffered from the leak situation. Maybe even the tracklist suffered too.

Kanye is awful. Billboard for Ghosttown alone wins for me.

What was it that you didn't like about the production in Holy Water and Illuminati, or even Auto-tune Baby?

What was it that you didn't like about the production in Holy Water and Illuminati, or even Auto-tune Baby?

I found the production on those songs quite soulless. I just love how Ghosttown has warmth and depth...an enduring Madonna track as it still sounds so fresh to me.

I agree! I like BIM but the lyrics are a tad too cheesy for the beat. UB's lyrics are better, I think maybe because it's about more of a personal thing.

YES!!! Devil Pray probably is the best mixed out of the lot.

I think a lot of the tracks on this album suffered from the leak situation. Maybe even the tracklist suffered too.

This album suffered so much because of the leaks

Unfinished tracks, bad mastering, etc.

But ultimately I love Rebel Heart for what it could be rather than what it is

To be fair I think Rebel Heart is more special because of that. I wouldn't change anything that has happened. We can think that this or that could be better produced or mixed, but as a whole is such a beautiful experience

Id be down with an album fully produced by Blood Diamonds.

I love their sound and think it fits Madonna perfectly, the same way Stuart, Orbit and Mirwais did.