2016 Presidential Election Thread Part 2

Skin

What is mysterious about this? Do people really suspect "shenanigans" at every turn?

Sanders will win Kansas and Nebraska, as expected; Clinton will win Louisiana, as expected.

We caucus in Maine tomorrow, and this state is always unpredictable although I feel Sanders may win. We only have 35 delgates, though.

Clinton will win Michigan on Tuesday, then clinch the nomination on the 16th. Sanders will probably stay in, but the math won't be there for him to win at that point.

There are no surprises here.

Unpredictable is one way to put it.The allegations of rampant voter fraud in 2012 by Ron Paul against Romney and recount that found different results combined with the sudden decision to delay reporting yesterday all fits into a general pattern of Maine being known for election rigging. Hope today goes more smoothly. :)

Just got back from my first ever caucus! It was kind of fun.

When I got there (a bit early), I honest to God thought there were only going to be two of us for HRC :laugh: Bernie supporters surrounded me.

Bernie won in my town. But it was a pretty good showing for both. The whole thing was very civil, and everybody clapped for both candidates' speeches. Then again, this is a very friendly state.

When I got there (a bit early), I honest to God thought there were only going to be two of us for HRC :laugh: Bernie supporters surrounded me.

Bernie won in my town. But it was a pretty good showing for both. The whole thing was very civil, and everybody clapped for both candidates' speeches. Then again, this is a very friendly state.

That sounds really cool. It sounds like more of a community event than a typical primary voting. Here in Washington, DC. we're not considered important as far as determining the next President. Our Democratic primary is in June when everything will be decided. I think the Republican primary is earlier next week sometime, but it hardly matters since there are almost new Republicans here anyway. I wonder if anyone will show up for the DC Republican primary. LOL

I applaud you exercising your right to choose a candidate. Well done. :clap:

I am glad to hear that both sides clapped for the speeches. Civility and cooler heads will prevail in the general.

You think because Rubio is doing so bad pressure is mounting on him to get the hell out of the race so his supporters could possibly go to Cruz?

I agree. Trump or Cruz they are both pieces of shit and I think Hillary will wipe the floor with either of them.

Maine is a gorgeous state. It borders New Brunswick which is one of my most favorite places in the world.

Hillary is doing VERY well in this debate. She actually has facts and precise details to back up her plans while Bernie just refutes everything she says and speaks vaguely and idealistically about his "revolution." Where are the specifics??

Bernie had the best line about how him and Clinton will invest more in mental health and if you watched the last republican debate you will know why. :lmao:

They both did good. It's so nice watching two people actually debate ISSUES instead of standing around sounding like...

I can't stand when Bernie flails his arms and points his finger and tries to interrupt Hillary, whenever she speaks.

I much prefer her demeanor of standing and watching him speak, sometimes jotting a note.

I don't think his "I'm talking" went down well.

That having been said, they both did great and had good closing arguments.

I'm proud to have two candidates who actually debate issues. The Republican debate is entirely a pissing contest and they discuss nothing.

So throughout the week or so Hillary is expected to win big in Michigan, Missisisspi, Florida, Illinois, Ohio and North Carolina. If Super Tuesday didn't already confirm it, by March 15 it will be game over for Bernie. The delegate count will be too high to overcome, in fact, it already is.

I can't stand when Bernie flails his arms and points his finger and tries to interrupt Hillary, whenever she speaks.

I much prefer her demeanor of standing and watching him speak, sometimes jotting a note.

I'm proud to have two candidates who actually debate issues. The Republican debate is entirely a pissing contest and they discuss nothing.

I agree. They both did very well and I like how they both talk about actual nuanced issues unlike the other side. However, I really took issue with Bernie's closing remarks where he said white people don't live in ghettos or know what its like to be poor...I mean, really? There's TONS of poor white people living in ghetto-like conditions in this country. Also not all black people are poor/live in ghettos - I'm one of them! Just an unfortunate gaffe for him but oh well. They both did a great job.

So throughout the week or so Hillary is expected to win big in Michigan, Missisisspi, Florida, Illinois, Ohio and North Carolina. If Super Tuesday didn't already confirm it, by March 15 it will be game over for Bernie. The delegate count will be too high to overcome, in fact, it already is.

That's just shameofshame

After today's results Hillary Clinton will be just a tiny bit short of having 50% of the delegates needed for the nomination. Despite winning 2 states today, according to delegate math and targets, Bernie is further behind his target with delegates than he was at the start of the day.

How Democratic! Hillary would have also won in 2008 if the superdelegates weren't warned that she COULD NOT win THAT WAY against an African American candidate! Donna Brazille warned against such a scenario. Unfortunately for Bernie, Hillary's running away with the superdelegates in this race! Nobody cares (including Donna Brazille). How sad.

Were you paying attention in the 2008 primaries? Bernie learned well from Obama. Could you not stand it then?

How Democratic! Hillary would have also won in 2008 if the superdelegates weren't warned that she COULD NOT win THAT WAY against an African American candidate! Donna Brazille warned against such a scenario. Unfortunately for Bernie, Hillary's running away with the superdelegates in this race! Nobody cares (including Donna Brazille). How sad.

Okay let's be democratic. Removing superdelegates, Hillary would still have more delegates than Bernie. Therefore, even without superdelegates, Hillary would still be the democratically elected nominee.

Okay let's be democratic. Removing superdelegates, Hillary would still have more delegates than Bernie. Therefore, even without superdelegates, Hillary would still be the democratically elected nominee.

Not to mention, she's blowing him away in the popular vote. By about 1.5 million. See: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/democratic_vote_count.html

Ever since I realised how racist and discriminatory the American political system is I don't think it's so fun anymore. Land of the free my ass.

Hillary was amazing on Fox Town Hall. They tried to trip her up, and they never succeeded. She was amazing.

Can't believe she and Bernie went into that lions' den.