2016 Presidential Election Thread Part 2

Skin

The ONLY semi sane, reasonable, non corrupt one in this shit hole clown car election (on BOTH sides) is Kasich...sorry! Don't care if he's meh, crusty, non rock star etc...I truly dislike Hillary but loathe Cruz and *esp Rubio. Terrifying how deep in the cesspool the US is now.

They wouldnt have offered immunity if they didnt have her dead to rights ([/size]caught red-handed, in the very act of committing a crime or error).[/size]. This is a perjury trap. The Justice Department career attorneys wouldn't be involved if there was no evidence of criminal activity. [/size]

Granting immunity is pretty standard and isn't an indication of guilt or wrong doing. It just protects the person to allow them to freely answer questions

Granting immunity is pretty standard and isn't an indication of guilt or wrong doing. It just protects the person to allow them to freely answer questions

This IT staffer Bryan Pagliano took the Fifth Amendment to avoid self incrimination when testifying before Congress last Fall. He worked for the State Dept and obviously knew what he was doing with classified info on an unsecured server (not even encrypted at the beginning) was wrong but was given orders to proceed at the highest level. He could have lied at the outset to protect Hillary or continued to plead the Fifth. He was most likely granted immunity because his lawyers dangled something dazzling in front of prosecutors.

There is no longer a question that a serious crime was committed. They’ve lined up the sequence for when classified information was available on the secured server and when it ended up on the home brew server. Now the question is who did it and how it was done.

^ Yawn.

No grand jury has been convened (that we know of).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/what-does-a-former-staffers-immunity-deal-mean-for-hillary-clinton/2016/03/03/0fbb6ab2-e15e-11e5-846c-10191d1fc4ec_story.html

The revelation that the Justice Department has granted immunity to a former State Department staff member who worked on Hillary Clinton’s private email server is a likely indication that the investigation is nearing a conclusion, but should not be read as a sign that the leading Democratic presidential candidate is going to face criminal charges, legal experts said.

I am also apt to agree with this political guru & computer scientist Andrew S. Tanenbaum:

Clinton Email Saga is Winding Down

The State Department has released the final batch of emails from Hillary Clinton's tenure as Secretary of State that it is going to publish. That means that roughly 50,000 emails have been released unedited, another 1,000 have been produced with information redacted, and 22 have been deemed Top Secret and unreleasable in any form.

No smoking guns have been found in the emails that are now publicly available, so the only remaining issue for Clinton is whether or not she is found guilty of wrongdoing in the handling of the 22 Top Secret emails. It surely can't take that long to read 22 emails and reach a conclusion, so the fact that no sanctions have been imposed and no charges have been filed thus far seems to suggest that none are forthcoming. And given that this "scandal" didn't prove to have the legs that it once seemed to—cut off at the knees, perhaps, by the disastrous Benghazi hearings—it is likely that E-mailgate is going to fade away. (Z)

I doubt very much a case is ever "winding down" when the Department of Justice is only starting to grant immunity for crucial testimony and federal judges are beginning to clear the way for discovery and/or subpoenas of Hillary and her closest aides.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/in-clinton-email-investigation-justice-department-grants-immunity-to-former-state-department-staffer/2016/03/02/e421e39e-e0a0-11e5-9c36-e1902f6b6571_story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/us-judge-weighs-deeper-probe-into-clintons-private-email-system/2016/02/23/9c27412a-d997-11e5-81ae-7491b9b9e7df_story.html

Washington (CNN)A federal judge paved the way Tuesday for possible future subpoenas by the State Department against Hillary Clinton and her longtime aide Huma Abedin.

Judge Emmet Sullivan granted a motion in a lawsuit against the State Department Tuesday that could pave the way for future action including, potentially, an order that the State Department subpoena Clinton and top aide Huma Abedin to obtain personal emails they withheld from the State Department.

The case is seeking answers to lingering questions about Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server during her time as secretary of state.

Sullivan appeared at times to be leaning towards ordering the subpoenas, but ultimately said he would wait to see what the order for discovery yields before making that ruling.

"This is the atypical case," Sullivan said, who emphasized earlier in the hearing that discovery is rare in Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) cases, which pertain to information requests to the government.

I know you really want this to happen, elayman, but I think you're going to be disappointed. If Hillary was anywhere near this close to indictment, Obama and all the Democrats would be doing everything they can to torpedo her nomination. Do you think the President is just waiting in the dark to hear if there is actually evidence to indict her? He knows what is going on and he's not worried. Dianne Feinstein, the Democratic Senator on the Intelligence committee already said that anything classified wasn't SENT by Hillary so if anyone gets in trouble, it's going to be the person who sent the info and not Clinton.

Anyway, keep poppin' that popcorn. I can tell you love scandals poorly manufactured by the GOP.

It's hilarious that Sanders supporters and Fox news viewers think this new "development" is something bad, and one blogger went so far as to say Sanders was just handed the Presidency.

What this more likely means is that they can tell Hillary is about to become the nominee based on the people's votes, so they want to wrap up this non-event once and for all.

In other news, tonight's Republican debate begins soon.

I know you really want this to happen, elayman, but I think you're going to be disappointed. If Hillary was anywhere near this close to indictment, Obama and all the Democrats would be doing everything they can to torpedo her nomination. Do you think the President is just waiting in the dark to hear if there is actually evidence to indict her? He knows what is going on and he's not worried. Dianne Feinstein, the Democratic Senator on the Intelligence committee already said that anything classified wasn't SENT by Hillary so if anyone gets in trouble, it's going to be the person who sent the info and not Clinton.

Anyway, keep poppin' that popcorn. I can tell you love scandals poorly manufactured by the GOP.

Thank you.

Well, we shall see. If Hillary instructed her closest advisers to send classified emails to an insecure server, per the above articles than she is in as much trouble as they are. The bottom line is that she was trained and and entrusted under oath with top secret authorization to recognize and protect classified material, whether it was marked or not...if a SoS cannot spot beyond top secret intelligence (even Obama admitted that) for what it is she has only dug her grave deeper by messing around with it illegally on dodgy equipment.

The Attorney General didn't seem particularly worried in an interview last week either even though the investigation has been overseen by career national security prosecutors at the Justice Department along with top notch FBI agents for months. She probably assumed it could be slow tracked to the election and beyond...has anything changed ? Maybe a case being developed that cannot be refused ? It is hard to say outside of the fact that developments definitely seem to have picked up in the last few weeks.

What a JOKE is the Republican Debate! Tasteless! Ridiculous! UNPLEASANT! Tedious! Donald even mentioned the size of his PENIS ...! :megamanson::megamanson::megamanson:

And Ted Cruz ATE one of his own boogers. I can't even deal. How can the standards be SO LOW for the GOP? They make me embarrassed to be an American.

And Ted Cruz ATE one of his own boogers.

:lmao:

There are more and more rumblings that if Trump does get the most delegates come convention time they still might say, you know what. We don't want you as the nominee and instead are going to go with this guy....

I have to wonder about the speech Romney gave today. Like why even give one at all? Part of me believes its going to be him. But either way the party is shooting itself in the foot. They think Trump will get his ass beat so they want him OUT, but propping up someone else and going against the will of the majority of republican voters and his cult following? That would only damage them more I would think. What a CIRCUS!!! And they created this themselves by dumbing down their base SO much with the likes of Fox News and right wing radio. THEY created a voting block so stupid and they are now shocked that they are flocking to Trump? :lmao: This is incredible to watch.

As for Hillary and her emails....

giphy.gif

Did anyone see the press conference (or whatever that was) Trump gave in Maine after the comments made by Romney. Sorry, this man is talking so much shit, it is unbelievable. Why do people believe him? He is even telling them lies. His whole ramblings about how China and Mexico are stealing money from the U.S. because the U.S. imports more from those countries than it exports to those countries. How is this stealing? Blame U.S. companies for this situation, blame your own citizens for it. They want the cheap Chinese stuff! No one forced them to buy it. End of story. And the fact that he is either too dumb or too manipulative about what a trade deficit or trade surplus is says a lot.

Geezus, would the Dems/ fcking Wasserman Shultz stop licking and worshiping Hellarys corrupt, stale, vajajay and 86 her asap! Don't care if they dig up Biden/Warren tomorrow... however they need to do it they need to something. As bad shape as the Dems are in now, 'cause of Trump they're still 100x better than the Rethugs and would *easily* win if it was basically ANYone but Hillary or Bern!!

Geezus, would the Dems/ fcking Wasserman Shultz stop licking and worshiping Hellarys corrupt, stale, vajajay and 86 her asap! Don't care if they dig up Biden/Warren tomorrow... however they need to do it they need to something. As bad shape as the Dems are in now, 'cause of Trump they're still 100x better than the Rethugs and would *easily* win if it was basically ANYone but Hillary or Bern!!

I agree. Even if Hillary submits to a plea arrangement in the end, the fact that she needed to receive ultra sensitive information for her job and went to extraordinary lengths to avoid an account that could handle is going to be a campaign issue. That alone would cause anyone else to lose their top secret clearance. Imagine the kind of incompetence and corruption that awaits America should she become president.

I agree. Even if Hillary submits to a plea arrangement in the end, the fact that she needed to receive ultra sensitive information for her job and went to extraordinary lengths to avoid an account that could handle is going to be a campaign issue. That alone would cause anyone else to lose their top secret clearance. Imagine the kind of incompetence and corruption that awaits America should she become president.

where are you going to post, in November, after the elections? Just curious...

What a JOKE is the Republican Debate! Tasteless! Ridiculous! UNPLEASANT! Tedious! Donald even mentioned the size of his PENIS ...! :megamanson::megamanson::megamanson:

Rubio started it. He had said previously Donald has small hands and you know what they say about guys with small hands. So Trump felt the need to assert his manhood! LOL Rubio and Cruz are just as bad as Trump.

You can't even stabilize an MNation thread lol x

It's important to pick your battles but I always get the right result in the end.

Did anyone see the press conference (or whatever that was) Trump gave in Maine after the comments made by Romney.

It was literally 45 minuets of him rambling about NOTHING!!!!!! And I mean NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so fucking pathetic. How his followers cant see it I have no clue. It's a damn cult!

I am not sure where you get your data. Bernie and Hillary could both defeat Trump. And Warren doesn't want the nom. It would EASILY have been hers, but she didn't want it. And since when is Biden a sure-fire candidate to win? His campaign didn't even make it out of Iowa in 2008.

I think Democrats should be thanking their lucky stars that our candidates aren't insane and actually have policy answers to some very complex issues. I am not unhappy at all with our choices this year. I'd take Bernie or Hillary, I just swing toward Hillary because she's an smart fighter who has survived every attempt by the GOP to destroy her, and she's more realistic about what she'll actually be able to accomplish in office.

You don't think they expect anything in return?

I keep hearing this argument. You know, Obama signed and passed Dodd-Frank (financial reform), raised taxes on high income earners, and created a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (which Elizabeth Warren designed the blueprint for) and he raised more money from Wall Street in 2012 than he did in 2008. He also appointed Richard Cordray as head of the CFPB (who was championed by Senator Warren) and Republicans tried to block. Clinton's policy proposals are not that different from Obama's. She's not advocating a roll back of Dodd-Frank like the GOP.

Democrats have always been cozy with big business. Mostly because they know they need a lot of money for the general election (not just for the Presidential race but also the many Senate & House races).