2016 Presidential Election Thread Part 2

Skin

The Clintons survived 3 presidential campaigns, the Lewinsky scandal, an impeachment, a suicide in the White House, a financal scandal, a 11-hour testimony and many other accusations.

And you think a stupid story about some emails will break her?

There is no real question that Hillary violated security protocols, repeatedly, and depending on what top secret info was on the server and how often it was hacked a strong case to be made that she put lives in danger by doing so. Lesser members of the intelligence community really have gone to jail for similar offenses. Her hope now is for pure political immunity, making herself too big to prosecute by sewing up the Democratic presidential nomination. Her highest priority is to reassure nervous Democrat voters and power brokers that she’ll survive the email scandal, which I am starting to doubt. The negotiating over her nomination at the convention should be quite interesting. :p

^^^ "Put lives in danger". You don't know that. And where is your plea to put George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld before trial? Two people who should be sentenced for crimes against humanity and war crimes. Their doing does not even need an investigation. The moment you adress those things, you might be taken more seriously when talking about Hillarys e-mail problems.

Most Democrats Think Hillary Clinton Will Win Nomination: Poll

Hillary Clinton still holds a double-digit national lead over Bernie Sanders after a close contest in Iowa last week, new polling shows.

And in addition to maintaining her lead, an overwhelming number of Democratic voters believe she will win her party's nomination.

Clinton leads Sanders by 12 points — 51 percent to 39 percent among Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters across the country.

NBC

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but there seems to be a justification by some people, including people here, that "all" politicians are this or that and therefore, it should just be accepted. My point is that it should not, and we should expect more from our elected leaders. But, if you are a person who doesn't have a problem with corruption or a lack of morals, then vote for that politician.

I shouldn't assume I am one of those people, but I will take this statement as such. It's not that I do not have a problem with corruption (I do), but I am realistic enough to know that there are certain things in this world which cannot be separated. Until a Constitutional amendment is passed, money will always be a part of our political system. And you need big money and major donors to win to the general. That's not giving up, that's just a fact (at least right now).

I promise to eat my words (and will do so gladly) if Bernie wins the Democratic nom - and the general - without compromising his beliefs. And if he does pull that off, I would actually be very happy, believe it or not. I freely admit that I am not the idealist you are because I have a long memory and I also know that human beings are capable of change, but rarely do.

The NH primary has been called for Trump on the GOP side and Bernie on the Democratic side. We will have to wait and see the margins.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/10/us/politics/new-hampshire-primary.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-abc-region&region=span-abc-region&WT.nav=span-abc-region

Still a long road ahead I hope Trump doesn't fair as well at the remaining primaries. Sanders beat Hillary by quite a lot.

The polling indicated that would be the case. Even her team thought she'd lose by 15 points. She's still way ahead in overall delegates and Sanders has to prove now he can attract more than white liberals with Nevada and South Carolina up next. He could pull it off though...he's getting more backing from prominent members of the African-American and Latino communities in those states.

It seems like Rubio is done for after his terrible debate, and I know Cruz is just as bad or in some cases worse then Trump....But I REALLY don't want Trump to get the nomination. I don't think my brain can handle much more of him and his loony racist supporters and their ilk. I mean Cruz rallies are just as bad, but there isn't this level of anger or smugness yet around him.

With Trump its all crazy ass nationalism and xenophobia. It literally makes me want to puke.

Maybe I will just rent a cabin in the woods with no cable or internet until the election is over for my own sanity, and then I will reach out to civilization to find out who won which will determine if I flee this country or not. :lol:

ULIZOS you need a waiter in this restaurant you are opening in case I have to head for the hills? :lol:

I think Trump winning the GOP nom would be ok because even Bernie can probably beat him, and if Bernie wins the Dem nom, we need a weak GOP frontrunner. I want Rubio OUT of this race tomorrow.

A Racist, Sexist Demagogue Just Won The New Hampshire Primary

Donald Trump seriously did it.

Ryan Grim Washington Bureau Chief, The Huffington Post

Igor Bobic Associate Politics Editor, The Huffington Post

New Hampshire Republican primary voters on Tuesday made official their choice for president of the United States: real estate mogul and reality television star Donald J. Trump.

The businessman's resounding victory amid a crowded field of more experienced and accomplished candidates is a stunning turn of events for a party that vowed just four years ago to be more inclusive to minorities after failing to unseat President Barack Obama in the bitter 2012 election. What the GOP got instead is a xenophobic demagogue who's insulted pretty much everyone and even earned the endorsement of white supremacists. Trump's victory in New Hampshire likely points to a drawn-out slog between Trump and at least one of his rivals as they battle to secure enough delegates in hopes of winning their party's nomination this summer.

Trump defeated a crop of experienced candidates Tuesday, including New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Ohio Gov. John Kasich and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, all of whom seemed more interested in fighting each other than taking on the longtime leader of the polls in the Granite State. Trump also fended off two well-spoken conservative senators -- Marco Rubio of Florida, who'd surged in the days before the primary, and Ted Cruz of Texas, who won the Iowa caucuses last week.

The message from New Hampshire was clear: Voters fed up with Democrats and Republicans alike desire a politically incorrect outsider, one not beholden to special interests or rich donors, one who can actually break the perpetual gridlock in Washington.

Even if Bernie doesn't get the nomination, the fact that he has pushed Hillary to the left, as seen in her concession speech, is a victory within itself

I agree as far as campaigning in the primary goes. However, mark my words, she'll still govern as a centrist if she wins the Presidency. Bernie would be a more reliably liberal President, but he has negatives too - practically zero foreign policy experience and a philosophical agenda that won't make it through Congress. Clinton is more familiar with the levers of power in Washington and the next President (if a Democrat) will need to know how to break legs and pull all the switches to get anything done. I also like that the Republicans have been afraid of her for 20+ years. If she was a conservative as some have pretended, they'd be trying to help her win, not cheering her defeat. They fucking hate her.

Nevada is up next. This should be a good one...the first test of Sanders outside the white, liberal faction of the Democratic party. It's a caucus so polls won't be as reliable (think Iowa). I think it's going to be closer than we might realize. Harry Reid has built an impressive voter turnout operation in the state for Democrats, and he's probably using it to help Clinton since she's been a Democrat for decades and Sanders is technically not a member of the party at all.

Unions play a big part in Nevada turn out as well, and several of the largest are already coordinating with Clinton's ground operation there. The most powerful union in Nevada, the Culinary Workers, has not endorsed either candidate.

You need a little bit more than unfunny, bawdy jokes to govern a country like the US, with the position the US has in the world. I still don't see the resemblance between Madonna 1985 and Trump to be honest. Or any other Madonna for that matter. Just because you polarise people doesn't automatically mean you're good

Not only most of the stuff he says sounds grotesque but he hasn't got the poltical knowledge to fill that role, especially in terms of international politics which is a really serious problem, in this day and age more than ever.

Building walls and saying you will kick people out is not a very productive policy to adopt.